Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Armory

Default Re: Armory

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Any updates on this?
    I think COOP is in the lead here but I asked them and the state and I couldn't even get an estimated timeline for a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I think COOP is in the lead here but I asked them and the state and I couldn't even get an estimated timeline for a decision.
    Good to hear Coop is in the lead. I was driving past the armory this weekend and wondered if I had missed a decision being made.

COOP’s Facebook says they have exciting news tomorrow and they’ll be doing a live public announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by aDark View Post
    COOP’s Facebook says they have exciting news tomorrow and they’ll be doing a live public announcement.
    I'll be there tomorrow morning when the state makes the official announcement.

I'm very sure Coop has been chosen and hoping they share renderings and other details tomorrow.

COOP was selected. Live press conference now.

From their press release:

"The 72,667 square foot building will get an exterior facelift while maintaining its unique history and Art Deco facade.

On the interior, a 60-barrel, state-of-the-art brewhouse will occupy the drill hall on the first floor, filled with stainless steel production tanks and an automated canning line with the perimeter space surrounding the floor housing storage, office, barrel aging and more. The east wing of the second floor will feature an 8,000 square foot restaurant and taproom, with indoor and patio seating for more than 160 patrons. The full-service restaurant will serve a diverse collection of food and beverages. On the third floor of the east wing, dedicated event spaces will be availab for comminuty and private events.

A 22-room boutique hotel wil tie the experience together. Hotel rooms will occupy the second and third floors of the west wing of the building with a refined lobby located on the west side of the first floor to welcome guests."

nice... love the hotel idea incorporated with it.

That is absolutely fantastic

Sick! I'm excited for this to come back to life. Will there not be a housing component to this? I was hoping the coop with housing component would be chosen.

Also, I know this wasn't part of this particular proposal, but I'd love for Walnut to be reopened at some point.

Edit: whelp, after looking at the plans a bit longer it does indeed look like there is a small bit of housing and it does indeed look like they will be opening up Walnut to the south (yay!) I hope over time, some of the surrounding parking gets filled in with other buildings. Not complaining though. This project looks great!

Although I was hoping they’d tear it down to build some more parking

12. Default Re: Armory

Really conflicted about this as I have a bunch of personal connection to the brand, which was founded by a friend of mine who is no longer with them after an acrimonious split. As a loyal friend I can't be all excited for the company itself, but I have to say the development looks tremendous and it will be great to see that building re-purposed in this way, so close to Uptown 23.

I'm thinking the rooftop patio on the 2nd level is going to be pretty badass.

Facing east to block the sun (why don't more people do this???) and overlooking the capitol and downtown.

Also, this is one of those truly amazing and unique structures that are all too rare in Oklahoma. I can very easily see this being a place to take out-of-towners, similar to the Jones Assembly.

HangryHippo Guest

Is there a snowball's chance in hell of Walnut being (re?)connected here?

Blog Entries

it shows connected on the plans

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180717a.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	14756

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    it shows connected on the plans
    Hmm. I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out, but is that connected or parking lot?

Blog Entries

They labeled it, so hopefully it will be true.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    They labeled it, so hopefully it will be true.
    Great!

^^^It looks like it might be, according to the plans posted. Hard to tell however bc there could be a curb where the red line is. Notice the parking stretches all the way to 21st and the buildings that sit to the south of the armory that block walnut would be demolished.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Hmm. I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out, but is that connected or parking lot?
    Looks like both.

Wow, did anyone else notice the dog play area??

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    Big. League.

This has potential to be what Surly is to Minneapolis

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    Do my eyes deceive me? Or is that a tennis court, two bocce ball lanes and 3 horseshoe pits??

I'm glad they went with Coop, this looks like it will be a great development. I wish there was more of a hospitality aspect for casual visitors (has anyone been up to Boulevard lately to see their new welcome/tourist area?!?) but I suppose there is the restaurant and then stuff for people staying in the hotel.

Thread Information