Widgets Magazine

Thread: Former Joe’s Crab Shack at I-240 and Penn

South OKC Former Joe’s Crab Shack at I-240 and Penn

A construction fence has been built around the former Joe’s Crab Shack at I-240 and Penn. Anyone know what’s going in there?

Default Re: Former Joe’s Crab Shack at I-240 and Penn

can't find anything in okc's permit search... the last permit issued at "1508 w I-240 service rd" was on 5/11/2017 for plumbing work.

I've been watching that same spot for about a week now. Surprised at no permit activity. I drive by it literally every weekday....

4. Default Re: Former Joe’s Crab Shack at I-240 and Penn

Is the construction at the Weokie credit union next door, or at Joe's Crab Shack? I drove by that yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by artynok View Post
    Is the construction at the Weokie credit union next door, or at Joe's Crab Shack? I drove by that yesterday.
    ahh... you may be on to something. there is a permit issued for "7600 s penn" on 1/16/2018. the permit's description is for "renovations and maintenance" valued at $2.4M

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    ahh... you may be on to something. there is a permit issued for "7600 s penn" on 1/16/2018. the permit's description is for "renovations and maintenance" valued at $2.4M
    That's it. The detail on the permit is for the buildling "owner" which is Weokie Credit Union. Makes me wonder if they're annexing the old Crab shack building and ooing to link them together?

n/m

That permit at 7600 S. Penn is for Weokie.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    The actual street address for the old Joe's Crab Shack location is 1508 SW 74th.
    maybe so, but i found no permits at that address (it was the first that i tried) whereas i did find some older permits for the service road that mentioned "joe's crab shack." in fact, given the permit system's finnicky nature i searched through everything for "1508 sw" and didn't see anything that resembled "74th"

the recent "7600 s penn" permit that i did find states that it is for weokie. maybe there is more than one project going on at the same time but my money is on these materials being for the weokie project.

edit: y'all are faster typers than me!

Remember that the addresses on permits are not reliable.

Many is the time I have pulled something to find the city staff had improperly entered the addy into the on-line system.

Blog Entries

Drove by this Sunday. Its gone.... I believe Pete said a Del Taco is going in on another thread.

It's an office building now. Johnny's, across the street sold half their lot to Del Taco and will be building a smaller Johnny's on the lot they retained. The Del Taco is up and running. Construction has yet to begin on Johnny's.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    It's an office building now. Johnny's, across the street sold half their lot to Del Taco and will be building a smaller Johnny's on the lot they retained. The Del Taco is up and running. Construction has yet to begin on Johnny's.
    You're thinking of the one on NW Expressway. This location is on the eastbound I-240 service road, immediately east of the Weokie federal credit union building. But yes, I noticed that they had demolished this building on Sunday night. Excited to see a Del Taco pop up closer to my place though!

Didn't read the whole subject. woops.

Old Joe's is gone. Not excited about Del Taco. At all.

So excited for this.

What's so special about Del Taco that has people excited? Seems to me they're just another fast-food taco joint touting their freshness, but then again the only fast-food Mexican I eat is Taco Bueno (Taco Bell and Mayo are just....ugh) and Taqueria El Rey. Need to try Pollo Campero, though, haven't made it there yet.

Maybe you should give it a go. Bueno was my default fast food taco place but after going to Del, it is now my default choice. I think they have greater variety and better tasting choices than Bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Maybe you should give it a go. Bueno was my default fast food taco place but after going to Del, it is now my default choice. I think they have greater variety and better tasting choices than Bueno.
    Hmmm, if a (former) Bueno-head recommends it, probably worth a shot, I usually only get one of about 2-3 items at Bueno 'cos the rest of their stuff I find kind of average, so this might be a nice change of pace (and their service might be better than Bueno's, which can be, um, lacking, at times)...

Del Taco is better than Taco Bueno, save for the green chile menu that Bueno rolls out for a month or two at the end of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    What's so special about Del Taco that has people excited? Seems to me they're just another fast-food taco joint touting their freshness, but then again the only fast-food Mexican I eat is Taco Bueno (Taco Bell and Mayo are just....ugh) and Taqueria El Rey. Need to try Pollo Campero, though, haven't made it there yet.
    I'm just sick of taco places in general. Obviously, they make money or they wouldn't build them, but good heavens, its a shell with seasoned meat. You can go not even a quarter-mile east for Bueno, a mile west OR north for Bell, and a mile south for Los Tacos, and maybe a mile south-southeast for Ted's, and about two miles east for On The Border.

A nice, simple, sit-down family place sure would be nice..

Thread Information