Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alamo Drafthouse

Default Re: Alamo Drafthouse

Any updates? Good fit for Chisolm Creek. Moving going experience is fantastic!

Still moving forward by Chisholm Creek is shifting some things around.

My understanding is Alamo is ready to sign the deal once the specifics are finalized.

Tim League was my cross the street neighbor in Austin. I'll make sure he builds us a really cool one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Still moving forward by Chisholm Creek is shifting some things around.

My understanding is Alamo is ready to sign the deal once the specifics are finalized.
    I wonder how this project is moving along? They should be about 6 months into construction shouldn’t they?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I wonder how this project is moving along? They should be about 6 months into construction shouldn’t they?
    They are still finalizing some details, which is common on these big real estate deals.

At least some of this is due to Chisholm Creek moving things around to get the best fit. They are going to be adding quite a bit of office space, are workign with some other large retailers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They are still finalizing some details, which is common on these big real estate deals.

At least some of this is due to Chisholm Creek moving things around to get the best fit. They are going to be adding quite a bit of office space, are workign with some other large retailers, etc.
    As far as you know, is it still a go? I'd hate for our market to lose out on such a big target.

They had similar delays on their newest Denver area theater in Westminster. It was originally supposed to be open by Labor Day 2018 and they just finished installing the tilt-up panels.

If this thing does get built, you can kiss Quail Springs Mall goodbye. AMC there is the only thing keeping that mall alive. QSM will turn into OCCC northside. HA!!

Quote Originally Posted by brian72 View Post
    If this thing does get built, you can kiss Quail Springs Mall goodbye. AMC there is the only thing keeping that mall alive. QSM will turn into OCCC northside. HA!!
    An active college with apparently a really good arts program, based on the quality of plays they show at the theater there with seats WAY better and more comfortable than Civic Center?

Good for you, northside! Reach for that brass ring!

Quote Originally Posted by brian72 View Post
    I will be surprised if Quail Springs mall is still standing in 10 years and I wouldn’t be surprised if it meets the wrecking ball much sooner. I’m also interested to know how much sales Von Maur is doing. With all of the money they sunk into their Quail Springs location, I wonder if they would tear down the rest of the mall or do significant upgrades to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    As far as you know, is it still a go? I'd hate for our market to lose out on such a big target.
    Yes, still a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I will be surprised if Quail Springs mall is still standing in 10 years and I wouldn’t be surprised if it meets the wrecking ball much sooner. I’m also interested to know how much sales Von Maur is doing. With all of the money they sunk into their Quail Springs location, I wonder if they would tear down the rest of the mall or do significant upgrades to it.
    I do think it will still be there in 10 years. Its in a great location. Growth all around. Even the growth out by turnpike/council/rockwell area is a fast 70mph turnpike drive over. They just built a massive lifestyle gym in the parking lot which will also drive extra traffic. Lots of businesses close by where folks can hit mall at lunch.

It took forever for 240/35 mall ro die and it had way less going for it. QSM is in a great locale and can draw from one of the more poplated areas around. All the new places going up are not taking a lot away our growth has mostly absorbed it.

I also see Alamo as a different experience than QS24. One is beer/older movies/adult focused and other is new movies/popcorn/family focused.

We'll see.

Checking in on this one, does anybody know if this is still going to be done?

It's going to happen, Chisholm is just shifting plans around to try accommodate everything in their future phases.

I am ready for this concept. I live a couple of miles from the Warren. It is great for taking kids to the movies or dropping them off. I could see the Alamo as being more Adult. Which would be great for date night or time with the spouse.

Is this dead? Curious after I saw that CC posted about the new apartments today.

No, I'm told this is still moving forward.

Not sure of the timing, however.

19. Default Re: Alamo Drafthouse

Bankruptcy might effect this I assume?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...itter-business

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Bankruptcy might effect this I assume?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...itter-business
    Tends to slow down expansion.

Gotta love us not being listed, I feel like this is one of those that will not happen.

Gotta love us not being listed, I feel like this is one of those that will not happen.
    This niche will probably come surging back once new blockbuster movies are finally released. The big unknown is how many movie studios are going to keep the direct to streaming going after Covid.

Can’t blame them at all for choosing nice, safe markets with little to no commodity exposure.

Companies that emerge and try to hit inside-the-park home runs often end up striking out at the plate (i.e., declaring Chapter 22 or 33).

Lots of really good movies coming out im very excited for and no doubt will want to see them in theatres. Movies at home while nice in many aspects just don’t compare to the experience of a nice theatre. I’m more than excited for the movie theatre experience again.

Thread Information