Widgets Magazine

Thread: Waterpark in Yukon

Default Waterpark in Yukon

Has anyone heard about a waterpark being built in Yukon? I'm a member of the Yukon Happenings page on Facebook and someone mentioned that they're going to build a waterpark there, but didn't say where or when.

Default Re: Waterpark in Yukon

Yup, they are building an amazing indoor water park: https://www.theyukonreview.com/2018/...lash-in-yukon/

The concept art makes it look like it will actually be perhaps the biggest and best in the state. White Water has a few bigger slides, but this one has a better overall design and a surprising number of slides. Hard to judge the scale though from the artists rendering.

That'd be cool. The best one I think I've driven by so far is in between Amarillo and OK in general

That's great news! Is this similar to Great Wolf Lodge?

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    That's great news! Is this similar to Great Wolf Lodge?
    In another I article I saw, the developer is not wanting a super-huge hotel for this project. So probably not that big. Not sure about the park, though.

https://www.theyukonreview.com/2017/...e-scaled-down/

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    In another I article I saw, the developer is not wanting a super-huge hotel for this project. So probably not that big. Not sure about the park, though.

https://www.theyukonreview.com/2017/...e-scaled-down/
    The article said the size would be comparative to a Great Wolf Lodge.

I'm guessing this is going where the cities failed ballpark complex was going?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    The article says at HWY 66 and Frisco intersection.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    In the article it says this was originally going to be adjacent to this development and in fact he decided to build this because of that development. He was going to scale down if it wasn’t built but decided not to because of excitement from the general public when he announces it.

A real shame the sports complex wasn’t built it would have been really nice. Would be cool if the city could seek out a private operator and do PPP or something to fund it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    In the article it says this was originally going to be adjacent to this development and in fact he decided to build this because of that development. He was going to scale down if it wasn’t built but decided not to because of excitement from the general public when he announces it.

A real shame the sports complex wasn’t built it would have been really nice. Would be cool if the city could seek out a private operator and do PPP or something to fund it.
    At that time, anything the former city manager was promoting the citizens were against. The city currently has litigation filed against him.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    At that time, anything the former city manager was promoting the citizens were against. The city currently has litigation filed against him.
    His crimes were also unfortunate because they brought Old Man Winter back and he doesn't do anything to improve Yukon.

I forgot about all that. It makes sense.

Thread Information