Widgets Magazine

Thread: DVDs at MetroLibrary

Thumbs up DVDs at MetroLibrary

Woo-hoo! Starting this coming Monday, DVDs will be available for 7 day loan at all Metro area libraries. The library system starting purchasing DVDs several months ago due to the increasing scarcity of VHS tapes. VHS tapes will still be kept in circulation until they wear out.

Keith Guest

Default Re: DVDs at MetroLibrary

Quote Originally Posted by cyn213
    Woo-hoo! Starting this coming Monday, DVDs will be available for 7 day loan at all Metro area libraries. The library system starting purchasing DVDs several months ago due to the increasing scarcity of VHS tapes. VHS tapes will still be kept in circulation until they wear out.
    That's great! So, what kind of DVD's will they have? Will the content be similar to what they have on their VHS tapes?

3. Default Re: DVDs at MetroLibrary

One more reason to go downtown!
    Continue the Renaissance

Post Re: DVDs at MetroLibrary

I assume so.

5. Default Re: DVDs at MetroLibrary

That's really cool - I've yet to see the downtown library - I need to go down and check it out.... thanks for posting about the DVDs, I wouldn't have thought they loaned those out.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Default Re: DVDs at MetroLibrary

I read that this will be the last year that movies are released on VHS at all and most electronics manufacturers are going to stop making VCRs.

Thread Information