Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pink Parrot

Far North Pink Parrot

The owners of the popular Pink Parrot Cantina in Bricktown are set to open a second location in North Oklahoma City.

The Pink Parrot is owned by Jeff Rogers of Roger Concepts, which also operates Candy Nightclub in Bricktown.

The vacant Taco Cabana site with a large covered patio and ample parking will become the second location for the Pink Parrot and joins several other businesses investing in the North May corridor.

As we previously reported, Hopscotch will soon open in the old Dugout space just to the south of the new Pink Parrot, 7 Eleven is set for a major renovation of its operation on the northwest corner of May & Hefner, and OnCue Express has plans to build on the southeast corner of that same intersection.

Also recently announced were plans for The Liszt, a 5,000 square foot Las Vegas style club that will be located in Northpark Mall just to the north.

Default Re: Pink Parrot

Man I didn't even know Taco C closed, that was a fave quick spot for us (I think Taco Cabana might only appeal to Texans though who grew up with them, or frequented the ones opened late night after college night outs).

Blog Entries

Good to see something going into this location. Never been to the PP but hopefully a good fit. Think there is another vacant FF place right by this (old Wendy's or something)?

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Think there is another vacant FF place right by this (old Wendy's or something)?
    Yes, directly north of this site is an abandoned Wendy's.

I hear a new restaurant deal could be done there soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    Man I didn't even know Taco C closed, that was a fave quick spot for us (I think Taco Cabana might only appeal to Texans though who grew up with them, or frequented the ones opened late night after college night outs).
    I think it falls somewhere in between Taco Bell and Fuzzy's. Their homemade tortillas and queso were pretty great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, directly north of this site is an abandoned Wendy's.

I hear a new restaurant deal could be done there soon as well.
    Going to be nice to have these new options on May removed from the Memorial area. Look forward to hearing what might go into Wendy's location!

We all complain about Memorial traffic, but traffic on May is the worst without a turn lane.

I wonder if a club type bar can survive that far north. Bricktown is touristy and tourists love clubs, but nw okc? We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    I wonder if a club type bar can survive that far north. Bricktown is touristy and tourists love clubs, but nw okc? We'll see.
    Tourists like clubs? No, immediate post college grads like clubs, and I believe a lot of the apartments along Memorial host that demographic. It will do well for a year or two then close, typical life cycle of most clubs.

Blog Entries

We all complain about Memorial traffic, but traffic on May is the worst without a turn lane.
    I'd much prefer to get to Hefner and May than to Memorial and May. But regardless of that, having some places going further south of Memorial along May is a good thing just in terms of variety and options.

I really think we'll only see more new bars and restaurants and other things along N. May and you can feel the momentum starting to pick up.

It's still the primary commercial corridor through North OKC with pretty good population density and incomes all around. Not enough fresh new places and ideas considering the vitality of the area, and it seems the enterprising are starting to catch on.

I agree, I love Cabana! Frequented the Norman location many times at 2am after the bars shut down. Then when I moved to Dallas, I was in heaven, as they're all over the place. Came back to OKC, and I visited this location the most due to proximity to my house. Now, looks like I-40/MacArthur is the last one standing.

Tourists like clubs? No, immediate post college grads like clubs, and I believe a lot of the apartments along Memorial host that demographic. It will do well for a year or two then close, typical life cycle of most clubs.
    Ever been out in Bricktown on friday night? I'd bet it's 50% tourists. People come in from the country and surrounding cities.

Immediate post college grads hangout in midtown, deep deuce, plaza, and 23rd. Nobody really goes to bricktown unless it's for an event. (concert, thunder, dodgers, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Ever been out in Bricktown on friday night? I'd bet it's 50% tourists. People come in from the country and surrounding cities.

Immediate post college grads hangout in midtown, deep deuce, plaza, and 23rd. Nobody really goes to bricktown unless it's for an event. (concert, thunder, dodgers, etc)
    A certain group of those youngsters hit those spots, yes. However there is still a large contingent that live up north that would frequent this place, until undesirable crowds take over. It's almost a proven fact this is the life cycle of a club.

When I go out of town and stay in a local entertainment district like Bricktown, I'm not going to clubs. Don't confuse bars for clubs, two different things.

15. Default Re: Pink Parrot

I am in Bricktown well over 300 nights per year. While the overall visitor count is high, nightclubs are largely utilized by locals, or specifically people from within the MSA.

Just spoke to the proprietor and here is some new info.:

- Hope to open by mid September; signed a long-term lease
    - Will have an expanded food menu from the Bricktown location
    - The building will stay largely in tact, but the patio will be expanded

17. Default Re: Pink Parrot

Expanded menu..? Pretty sure up until now they haven't carried food at all. Will be interesting to see how it works. The brand is great. Would love to see the BT location become less clubby in its execution and feature food.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Expanded menu..? Pretty sure up until now they haven't carried food at all. Will be interesting to see how it works. The brand is great. Would love to see the BT location become less clubby in its execution and feature food.
    The Bricktown location just serves a few items: pizza, wings and quesadillas due to a limited kitchen.

The N. May location will have a full kitchen and a larger menu.

19. Default Re: Pink Parrot

Gotcha. Every time I have been into the BT location it seemed to be JUST a watering hole, and beyond that was mostly a DJ/dancefloor place masquerading as a bar. But that's probably because I've only been in late on weekend/even nights.

I happen to bartend at the Bricktown location. The ultimate plan is to slowly faze out the location downtown and focus on the Northside. The people simply aren't there during the weekday hours.

Just spoke to Jeff Rogers the proprietor of the Pink Parrot and he said their Bricktown business is booming and they in fact just two months ago signed a 15-year lease extension.

So that location is not going anywhere and it's success is the reason he wanted to branch out to N. May.

They've started work on the N. May location (from their FB page):

Here is more info about this project, which is moving fast:

So much misinformation and propaganda coming out of that company. It reads like a joke. Their latest scandal came about of their staff passing out free entry cards to 3 of their brick town locations to patrons of other brick town clubs, inside others clubs, and on the street in front of their competitors. This may read like a restaurant. But I expect it to be a "dugout" of its generation.

The location on N. May will have a large kitchen and will feature food much more prominently than in Bricktown, which was was always meant to just be a bar.

Thread Information