Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
Okay I'll just say it because I think it constantly, especially with every new announcement. Chisholm Creek is stunting the growth and diversity in other districts, specifically downtown/midtown. I know there is many duplicate establishments in CC, but the result still stands. I am definitely going down a slippery slope, but I personally feel that CC will not only continue to hurt downtown - I think it will impact the Streetcar's success as well.

I am fully envious of CC and I am actually hoping the investors clearing the Producers Co Op site have an urban version of this with residential in the plans. But I do fear it could be too late. Edmond residents now just have to drive (their favorite thing to do) to the Turnpike and not even think of going down I-235.
I think a lot about this type of thing, so I understand your thought process. But in this case I think it's different markets. The Chisholm Creek crowd will be the 30 and 40-something middle managers with money in Quail Creek/Val Verde, west Edmond and points north and east. And the apartment dwellers along Memorial.

The Downtown/Midtown/Bricktown areas are, special circumstances notwithstanding, the slightly younger, hipper, more progressive folks from Nichols Hills south. Less of a chain-like" mentality. Let's face it, Chisholm Creek is nice but this still feels like "upscale chain" stuff to me. Just my opinion.

I really do think that OKC, as it approaches and then blows past 1.5 million people, can support both. St. Louis, with 3 million people, probably has a half-dozen, at least, pockets of this kind of thing.