Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chalk

Blog Entries

Default Re: Chalk

Best thing about offshore books is they offer great props - many of which US books won’t touch, but if you get me an Oklahoma mobile app I’ll never go back to BetOnline or 5Dimes. (Bovado lines are very square so don’t touch those). Anyway.....back to Chalk.

2. Default Re: Chalk

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Now that its been open a bit anyone been here and any new takes?
    I spent quite a bit of time there the last couple of weeks, both as a couple and with a group of friends. I don't know what the prior person's issue was, but the service has been outstanding. The only thing I've had so far that i really didn't care for was the reuben "chalker" (slider). I'm a big reuben fan, and it was just blah. The meat was dry, the "sauerkraut" tasted like it was just plain, un-fermented cabbage soaked in vinegar, and the sauce was very very minimal - almost non-existent. I ate it, but I won't order it again. I really, really like their wings with their scratch-made blue cheese dressing. That said, though I like the wings being the un-breaded type, they could be larger. Some are downright tiny. Favorites slider so far has been the "crabby patty chalker", basically a crab cake slider.

Went last Fri night with family and it was full house. Made reservations and they text you back to confirm. Got seats on middle floor and was great view. Service was outstanding! My son asked for and got some sample beers so he could decide and they had no problem with that. Food was outstanding and more portions than I could eat. Got Fish and Chips which are waffle fries. Both outstanding. Even got some Churrios for dessert and it took all of us to eat them. The only problem wasn’t really a problem. They were to bring me another beer but brought my son one instead but since he didn’t order one they gave it to him free. My beer was there in literal seconds by another gal. Waiter was knowledgable too and helped us pick an appetizer which was enough for all of us. Way better service than expected and for the crowd size too.

I had no problems the whole evening and service was better than expected given how crowded it was. My family was from Dallas and loved this place said Dallas has nothing similar.

Would recommend and will go again.

4. Default Re: Chalk

Apparently Chalk already ditched their Chalkers from the menu. Very disappointed when I went in last week.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Apparently Chalk already ditched their Chalkers from the menu. Very disappointed when I went in last week.
    They've been messing around with the menu. It's extremely slow if there isn't a marquee game or UFC fight being shown.

6. Default Re: Chalk

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that last time as well. They are serving full sized sandwiches now (at a slightly higher price). I still love their wings but I've discovered the Pimento Crab Wontons with spicy honey and they are awesome. I could eat two plates of those by themselves and be happy. Can't beat the place for watching football. I plan to be there this Saturday night to watch the game.

I went a couple weeks ago and also noticed the sliders taken off the menu. Our server said they can still make some of them, just have to ask.

This was posted on the door at Chalk and is worrisome:

HangryHippo Guest

If this one closes, I think Chalk in Bricktown would kill it.

Anywhere in downtown could use a place like Chalk. One of my favorite places in Tulsa is Elgin Park over by ONEOK Field. DT OKC doesn't really have anything that compares to it.

Bricktown could use more Chalks and fewer Pink Parrots.

12. Default Re: Chalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This was posted on the door at Chalk and is worrisome:

Man, that is too bad and I hope it's not a long-term closure. Chalk is the best sports bar in the Oklahoma City metro.

Chalk seems like a concept that would have thrived during DVN and CHK’s heyday. Back when capital was loose and the vendors had big expense accounts.

Also, I’d imagine it suffers quite a bit from its mediocre food. So much competition within a few miles of there and a having large number of tvs isn’t necessarily a panacea.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    Chalk seems like a concept that would have thrived during DVN and CHK’s heyday. Back when capital was loose and the vendors had big expense accounts.

Also, I’d imagine it suffers quite a bit from its mediocre food. So much competition within a few miles of there and a having large number of tvs isn’t necessarily a panacea.
    Right now is DVNs heyday. CHK on the other hand…….

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Bricktown could use more Chalks and fewer Pink Parrots.
    Downtown still lacks a quality sports bar. Remember when Brix was supposed to be the one and it was a big flop. Maybe itll be this way until something like OKC Live! comes here.

HangryHippo Guest

Chalk somewhere near the canal (perhaps the old Chelino’s space?) would print money.

I really like the Chalk and it's the best place to watch sports in the metro by far. They've been packed every time I went. I'm hoping they reopen but it's definitely concerning. Why would they not wait until basketball season is over to do "scheduled maintenance"?

Quote Originally Posted by KTB View Post
    I really like the Chalk and it's the best place to watch sports in the metro by far. They've been packed every time I went. I'm hoping they reopen but it's definitely concerning. Why would they not wait until basketball season is over to do "scheduled maintenance"?
    thunder regular season games don't draw any crowd ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    thunder regular season games don't draw any crowd ..
    Wut?

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Wut?
    I am hoping he means for sports bars.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    I am hoping he means for sports bars.
    correct .. even in the Russ KD years sports bars didn't' fill up to watch regular season thunder games ..

playoffs they did .. but that is after march madness

In my experience a lot of the more rabid basketball fans are out of state transplants. The majority of the people like the team and can talk about their favorite players on the team. If you actually want to get technical and talk about different half court offensive sets or why a particular defense works against player x vs y, you will generally speak to someone that wasn't born here. Football on the other hand it seems like the average Oklahoman is ready to do a TED talk on. Basketball is likely the third or fourth most popular professional sport in Oklahoma if I had to guess its NFL, MLB, NBA/MLS.

23. Default Re: Chalk

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    In my experience a lot of the more rabid basketball fans are out of state transplants. The majority of the people like the team and can talk about their favorite players on the team. If you actually want to get technical and talk about different half court offensive sets or why a particular defense works against player x vs y, you will generally speak to someone that wasn't born here. Football on the other hand it seems like the average Oklahoman is ready to do a TED talk on. Basketball is likely the third or fourth most popular professional sport in Oklahoma if I had to guess its NFL, MLB, NBA/MLS.
    There is no way in Hades that MLS is more or even AS popular as the NBA. Not even close. I'd put NHL in front of MLS.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    This is way off. It goes OU football, OKC Thunder, 500 feet of crap, then NFL football.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    This is way off. It goes OU football, OKC Thunder, 500 feet of crap, then NFL football.
    lol no look at local tv ratings look at sports bars on sundays

OU football is #1 but the NFL is by far more popular then any other sport .. or team way way way ahead of the thunder or nba

Thread Information