Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Streaming tv services in OKC

Default Re: Streaming tv services in OKC

As stated above all the channels are back. You just have to go and re-add them through settings and live guide on your phone through the app. Check the ones you want and move to where you want them on your guide. Glad it was short lived!

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    The issue I am finding though is a lot of programming is shifting to the streaming services, for instance I see a lot of content that we would be interested in only available on the new Discovery+ service. I agree that it is getting crazy though, we have even thought about getting rid of it all and just relying on physical copy purchase/rental or what the library has to offer. Or better yet finding something more productive to do with our free time.
    You're right. Several of the shows I watch have been moved to their streaming network only. For example, SEAL TEAM, which I've watched for some time now, has moved exclusively to their Paramount + streaming line and off their traditionally programed lineup on CBS. I've seen this advertised with some other shows as well.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I have to wonder at what point the scales will tip back towards me just paying for cable.

hulu+ has gone up to $65 a month
    amazon prime video is $14 a month. That's $80 right there on top of the $85 a month I pay for internet. It may be cheaper for me to just bundle with my internet provider again (Xfinity/comcast).

It is nice using hulu+ on any device, so long as no more than 2 are running at once. I have 3 different TV's I regularly watch (living room, office, and bedroom). The cost to have cable service to 3 TVs can add up for me. If I went to every TV in the house that would be 2 more. (2 guestrooms) At this price point, the only advantage is streaming on any TV. If the price goes up any more on these streaming services, I will dump them and go back to cable as it will be easier to deal with; plus not eating into my data cap or using bandwidth off of my wifi router.

Edit: Just out of curiosity I logged into my Xfinity account. I can keep my same high speed internet package, and get Live TV (200+ channels) for $110. For 3 rooms would be $135. I would guess after taxes it would come out to around $165, which is about what I am paying now between the 3 services I use. Hulu+ only gives me 65 channels. So really it would be a better deal to just go back to cable. Wonder how this will play out over the next few years as streaming services continue to increase prices and cable companies continue to get desperate.
    We have gone back and forth over the years. Cox will pull you in with the promotional pricing for 12 months, but then the price skyrockets and we bail. They hit you with the so many crazy fees outside of their low cost they use to real you in to inquire -- additional box fees, DVR box fees, DVR fees, line protection fees. Before you know it, that $99 promotional price has ballooned to $160, LOL. We've had YTTV for well over a year now and really enjoy it. You can't beat being able to watch programming on your phone or iPad without any real issue. We've tried to do the same on the Cox Contour app and it's just awful and we could hardly ever get it to work with what we wanted to watch. And we've really enjoyed the 4K programming that YTTV offers during football season. And what we really like about it, is after football season we'll remove the extra subscription cost of the 4K.

Thread Information