Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Streaming tv services in OKC

Default Re: Streaming tv services in OKC

I can tell you, when does the next thunder game come up?

2. Default Re: Streaming tv services in OKC

Thursday at 8:30

Yes YouTube TV gets all Thunder games. Been using it exclusively for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Yes YouTube TV gets all Thunder games. Been using it exclusively for over a year.
    Thanks!

I'll tell you this much: I was originally planning to go Sling with both their Orange and Blue packages, but they don't include local stations. So I was going to pick up an attic antenna and network tuner for OTA stations; but I just verified that YouTube TV carries all the main local stations (but not the subchannels). For $50/month, unlimited DVR, up to six accounts and three simultaneous streams, its getting really close to approaching a no-brainer. That'll drop Cox for me down to Internet pipe only.

I've been recommending YouTube TV to everyone I know that wants to switch and not one single person that has regrets it in the slightest. The fact your can pick any TV or device and it just functions the same over everything is just exactly how you expect TV in 2020 to function.

I've been recommending YouTube TV to everyone I know that wants to switch and not one single person that has regrets it in the slightest. The fact your can pick any TV or device and it just functions the same over everything is just exactly how you expect TV in 2020 to function.
    They have way too many missing channels. For their big claim to fame being *local* channels, that’s odd in 2020 since those are free OTA anyway. Dollar for dollar I see YTTV as the worst of the bunch. Heavy on sports, don’t have many of the lifestyle channels. For example — none of the three Hallmark channels, no Lifetime or Lifetime Movie Network. Also, none, zero, of any of the new true crime channels. Several of which are excellent. Too much hype around YoutubeTV.

8. Default Re: Streaming tv services in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    ...Dollar for dollar I see YTTV as the worst of the bunch. Heavy on sports, don’t have many of the lifestyle channels. For example — none of the three Hallmark channels, no Lifetime or Lifetime Movie Network.
    Well that's pretty subjective. Completely depends on what channels a person actually watches. I personally never watch any of those channels you listed (three Hallmark channels, no Lifetime or Lifetime Movie Network). That said, I also find cable/streaming packages with sports channels to be a waste for our needs as we never watch sports.

I do free YouTube TV trials from time-to-time when I need to. If I was to decide to go back to cable, I'd certainly consider YouTubeTV to be one of my top considerations. Definitely has the channels we watch. Any sub channels we can get with our OTA antenna. I just can't justify $600/yr to simply sit in front of a TV from any provider.

Still prefer our OTA TIVO with an AppleTV attached. Meets our needs and has already paid for itself since we signed up for the lifetime plan years ago. I can stream anything the TIVO can display remotely to my mobile devices or my work computer. Sitting her now watching Ch4 morning news on my monitor (keeps me from having to buy and hang an actual TV at my office). I just hope TIVO does fall behind in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Well that's pretty subjective. Completely depends on what channels a person actually watches. I personally never watch any of those channels you listed (three Hallmark channels, no Lifetime or Lifetime Movie Network). That said, I also find cable/streaming packages with sports channels to be a waste for our needs as we never watch sports.

I do free YouTube TV trials from time-to-time when I need to. If I was to decide to go back to cable, I'd certainly consider YouTubeTV to be one of my top considerations. Definitely has the channels we watch. Any sub channels we can get with our OTA antenna. I just can't justify $600/yr to simply sit in front of a TV from any provider.

Still prefer our OTA TIVO with an AppleTV attached. Meets our needs and has already paid for itself since we signed up for the lifetime plan years ago. I can stream anything the TIVO can display remotely to my mobile devices or my work computer. Sitting her now watching Ch4 morning news on my monitor (keeps me from having to buy and hang an actual TV at my office). I just hope TIVO does fall behind in this area.
    Agree 100%. I just dumped Cox TV and went YTTV and, so far, I'm totally happy. Only loss for me was GameShowNetwork, which I watched *maybe* once or twice a week for nostalgic reruns of some old gameshows. No big loss. As for me, I never watch/watched Hallmark, and the change in monthly cost MORE than paid for an inexpensive UHF attic antenna for all the OTA stations in the area. I'm happy, and I've got about $600/year in my hip pocket to boot. Easy decision.

YouTube TV just announced that beginning Saturday it will drop the Fox Sports Regional Channels (I.e., Fox Sports Oklahoma) due to its inability to come to an agreement for a new contract with Sinclair. Huge bummer as Thunder games are 95% of what we watch on YTTV and have been happy with the service. But we will immediately cancel if a resolution doesn't appear likely and won't think twice about doing so. Definitely a perk of the online streaming wars - they don't force you to be loyal through a contract. Though it sounds like all of the tv providers are fighting the same battle with Sinclair right now so we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    YouTube TV just announced that beginning Saturday it will drop the Fox Sports Regional Channels (I.e., Fox Sports Oklahoma) due to its inability to come to an agreement for a new contract with Sinclair. Huge bummer as Thunder games are 95% of what we watch on YTTV and have been happy with the service. But we will immediately cancel if a resolution doesn't appear likely and won't think twice about doing so. Definitely a perk of the online streaming wars - they don't force you to be loyal through a contract. Though it sounds like all of the tv providers are fighting the same battle with Sinclair right now so we'll see what happens.
    i just wish the league streaming services would drop the local blackout policies. let me buy it and watch my local team no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i just wish the league streaming services would drop the local blackout policies. let me buy it and watch my local team no matter what.
    Agreed.

I was all ready to go with YTTV cause of thunder game. Oh well I will just have to keep watching them online.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    I was all ready to go with YTTV cause of thunder game. Oh well I will just have to keep watching them online.
    How are you watching them online?

How are you watching them online?
    my lips are sealed. Try OKC Thunder Reddit I'm saying no more

16. Default Re: Streaming tv services in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    my lips are sealed. Try OKC Thunder Reddit I'm saying no more
    Hey HEY HEY! It's like the first rule of Fight Club...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    Hey HEY HEY! It's like the first rule of Fight Club...
    which you just broke!!!

18. Default Re: Streaming tv services in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    which you just broke!!!
    DOH!

Don't care about the Fox RSN loss.

Sinclair released a very defensive statement today saying they'd reduced their offer to YTTV and they declined. That's to me not a statement made by someone from a position of strength. Think they're getting the fallout.

Also, rumblings are that Comcast is getting ready to announce they are dumping Sinclair as well.

Still perfectly happy with YTTV. Buhbuy, Sinclair.

YTTV is getting ready to announce a temporary agreement with Sinclair to allow continued broadcast of Fox RSNs until a new agreement is reached. This info is just breaking on the YouTubeTV Reddit channel.

My assessment may be wrong, but I think Sinclair blinked.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    YTTV is getting ready to announce a temporary agreement with Sinclair to allow continued broadcast of Fox RSNs until a new agreement is reached. This info is just breaking on the YouTubeTV Reddit channel.

I think you are right. I admit I haven’t studied the Sinclair acquisition of the Fox RSNs as a cast off from the Disney purchase of Fox overall, but I have to guess that Sinclair has to maintain viewing households as a component of their financing package for the purchase. No eyeballs equal no money, regardless of how much is charged for the access.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I think you are right. I admit I haven’t studied the Sinclair acquisition of the Fox RSNs as a cast off from the Disney purchase of Fox overall, but I have to guess that Sinclair has to maintain viewing households as a component of their financing package for the purchase. No eyeballs equal no money, regardless of how much is charged for the access.
    I hope this is correct. I was close to pulling the trigger and dropping Direct TV for YTTV, but not having Thunder games available would be a deal breaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post

Looks like YTTV has removed some, but not all of the RSNs overnight. Can someone confirm is FSOK is still on YTTV?

I saw a headline this morning that they removed some channels from the YES network. Fox still exists.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	15828

Thunder is staying on YTTV.

I Read this morning that Sinclair and YTTV have reached an agreement to continue to carry 19 of 21 Fox RSNs. Departing YYTV are Fox Sports West, Prime Ticket, and YES Network. I do not recall the story in the Oklahoman stating the duration of the deal, although I’m guessing it is multi year

Thread Information