Widgets Magazine

Thread: 710 Asp

1. Default 710 Asp

Anybody know what is going on here? They tore down the old building. I tried looking for permits but haven't been able to find anything. Curious if it could be something high rise or campus corner related. Tax website show NORMAN ECONOMIC DEV COALITION still owning it.

Default Re: 710 Asp

It would be amazing if this suburban lot was redeveloped in with a dense, urban development that came out to sidewalk. That would push the Campus Corner strip north a bit.

3. Default Re: 710 Asp

Went by this morning and they were tearing down the building behind this space. It also looked like they were tearing up the parking lot that remained at 710. Owner is still showing the same.

4. Default Re: 710 Asp

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerAg View Post
    Went by this morning and they were tearing down the building behind this space. It also looked like they were tearing up the parking lot that remained at 710. Owner is still showing the same.

http://www.oudaily.com/news/city-of-...0f699219e.html

Excellent! Just what a good urban area around a major university needs, more surface parking. Also good news, it appears the high density developments(both of them) that were planned in Campus Corner that would have added housing and office over retail are dead. Good times over in Norman it seems.

6. Default Re: 710 Asp

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Excellent! Just what a good urban area around a major university needs, more surface parking. Also good news, it appears the high density developments(both of them) that were planned in Campus Corner that would have added housing and office over retail are dead. Good times over in Norman it seems.
    They just put in a 6 month ban on and new building permits for this area. It will be interesting to see how the building codes change.

Shame because these two developments would have been so nice. Norman, like Edmond, will have to come to terms with the inevitable. If traffic isn’t made from high density developments, than it will surely come in the form of through traffic as the city continues sprawling out which will happen regardless.

I’m not a big fan of parking lots in general, but I’ve stayed away from campus corner restaurants due to parking while school is in session. This is particularly true when there’s the same restaurant available in Moore (Hideaway, Fuzzy’s).

Shame because these two developments would have been so nice. Norman, like Edmond, will have to come to terms with the inevitable. If traffic isn’t made from high density developments, than it will surely come in the form of through traffic as the city continues sprawling out which will happen regardless.
    There legitimately is NO parking in Norman on CC. If me, as a MWC citizen, wanted to go to CC, I would have to park almost a mile away. Just being honest. They need a garage or 2 there, to support any future development.

I must be blessed by the parking gods then because I have zero trouble finding parking. The worst I’ve had was parking two blocks away.

PS, you do realize walking is healthy right?

I must be blessed by the parking gods then because I have zero trouble finding parking. The worst I’ve had was parking two blocks away.

PS, you do realize walking is healthy right?
    Nice ad hominem argument, there...but you really must be lucky. There is never parking, especially on game days.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    There legitimately is NO parking in Norman on CC. If me, as a MWC citizen, wanted to go to CC, I would have to park almost a mile away. Just being honest. They need a garage or 2 there, to support any future development.
    Lol. I’ve been to Campus Corner probably 200-300 times on non-game days and never had to park more than 1 block away. What are you talking about? There’s lots for CC businesses and cheap street parking. There’s already a parking garage a block away too. I lived two blocks from CC for 4 years and there was parking nearby everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Nice ad hominem argument, there...but you really must be lucky. There is never parking, especially on game days.
    My bad dude. Not sure where the ad hominem was in my post but I didn’t mean to offend. I was more or less joking with the walking is healthy bit. I love walking, hell, I’m about to take a walk to downtown Edmond and back from NE Edmond.

I’m curious; how far away do you usually have to park from Campus Corner? The majority of the time I pull right in and find parking almost immediately. Every once in awhile there are some days where I have to park a block or two away. Pretty rare though.

As for game days, you have to ask yourself: how many days a year are game days and how many hours of those days is parking f*cked... I can’t recall the last time I went there during a game, but I don’t think Campus Corner needs to be planned to have enough capacity to handle football game days.

Norman gonna Norman.

Thread Information