Widgets Magazine
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. Default Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    Apparently on Jan. 30, Brielle's Bistro opened at 9205 NE 23rd St in MWC.

    Brielle's Bistro on Facebook

    This restaurant is apparently locally owned by the same family that owns King's Catering & Cuisine in south OKC (recently reopened).

    Brielle's is advertising they serve breakfast all day - the Creole Omelette and Home Fries looks awesome!

    Menu also includes several cajun favorites like seafood pastalaya, creole meatloaf and red beans and rice.

    I hope to give them a try soon.

  2. Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    Wife and I made our way to Mary's Swap Meet this morning looking for garden tools and decided to give this place a try for breakfast.

    It's located in a strip mall just east of the Walmart.

    It's a large place on the inside with tons of tables. Looks like a small locally owned restaurant on the inside. Homey and modestly decorated. Place was very clean and the staff was friendly.

    Wife ordered coffee and the French toast, which came with two eggs and bacon.

    I ordered the western omelette with homestyle potatoes and a side of bacon.

    Service was prompt and attentive with the food arriving fairly quickly.

    All of it was really good to excellent. Plus the portion sizes were huge. My favorites were the French toast, the eggs and the bacon. The rest of was still really good.

    The price was an excellent value IMO. Two entrees, a side of bacon and coffee for $18. The wife and I could have easily shared a single entree order.

    They serve their entire menu all day (lunch and breakfast items).

    Definitely recommend this place and we are going back to try their lunch sometime soon.

    Below is a pic (as the norm lately, pics don't work like they used to. Click to see)

    29064059_10215711060311209_7553228906260086396_o.jpg

  3. #3

    Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Wife and I made our way to Mary's Swap Meet this morning looking for garden tools and decided to give this place a try for breakfast.

    It's located in a strip mall just east of the Walmart.

    It's a large place on the inside with tons of tables. Looks like a small locally owned restaurant on the inside. Homey and modestly decorated. Place was very clean and the staff was friendly.

    Wife ordered coffee and the French toast, which came with two eggs and bacon.

    I ordered the western omelette with homestyle potatoes and a side of bacon.

    Service was prompt and attentive with the food arriving fairly quickly.

    All of it was really good to excellent. Plus the portion sizes were huge. My favorites were the French toast, the eggs and the bacon. The rest of was still really good.

    The price was an excellent value IMO. Two entrees, a side of bacon and coffee for $18. The wife and I could have easily shared a single entree order.

    They serve their entire menu all day (lunch and breakfast items).

    Definitely recommend this place and we are going back to try their lunch sometime soon.

    Below is a pic (as the norm lately, pics don't work like they used to. Click to see)

    29064059_10215711060311209_7553228906260086396_o.jpg

    That looks and sounds excellent!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    We had lunch there today. My husband had one of the lunch specials (entree, one side, drink) and said both the catfish and beans&rice were delicious. I had a shrimp pasta dish that was massive, plus two sides - fried okra and fried green tomatoes. (Fried!!) All very good and lots of leftovers for dinner. We'll go back soon to try their breakfasts.

  5. Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    Just updating this thread.... Hope some of you have had a chance to try this locally, family owned restaurant in the Midwest City/Spencer area off NE 23rd near Douglas.

    Wife and I've been going there now ever since they opened. We try to go at least once a month (it's a 30 minute drive for us, but well worth it).

    We've even had them bake us custom cakes for special events and they were amazing.

    Patronized them again yesterday. I have a couple of new favorites..... Fried catfish with greens and the shrimp & grits.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41286235_10215000353276257_3259277237270085632_n.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	14900

  6. #6

    Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    My wife and I went for breakfast yesterday. I had French toast, eggs and sausage. The wife had a Belgian waffle and same. Everything was hot and wonderful. Fresh fruit in a bowl (not all red grapes are seedless) and hot syrup.
    I asked the young waitress (who was very good) if they had any sorghum syrup or molasses. She said she'd never heard of either one. So we asked where she was from. She said Mississippi! We both chortled! SMH. Kids these days.
    We are more than ready to go back for some of their creole stuff!
    I recommend!

  7. Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    Quote Originally Posted by Head View Post
    My wife and I went for breakfast yesterday. I had French toast, eggs and sausage. The wife had a Belgian waffle and same. Everything was hot and wonderful. Fresh fruit in a bowl (not all red grapes are seedless) and hot syrup.
    I asked the young waitress (who was very good) if they had any sorghum syrup or molasses. She said she'd never heard of either one. So we asked where she was from. She said Mississippi! We both chortled! SMH. Kids these days.
    We are more than ready to go back for some of their creole stuff!
    I recommend!
    Glad you liked it. We go at least once a week and have for some time now (up from once a month). Wife had the crawfish étouffée the other day for the first time - it was really good with just enough spice (order a side of cornbread).

    We almost always eat there and then order shrimp and grits to go. They are excellent later that night or the next day with a fried egg on top.

    Try their fresh homemade desserts too. AMAZING.

  8. Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    Quote Originally Posted by Head View Post
    My wife and I went for breakfast yesterday. I had French toast, eggs and sausage. The wife had a Belgian waffle and same. Everything was hot and wonderful. Fresh fruit in a bowl (not all red grapes are seedless) and hot syrup.
    I asked the young waitress (who was very good) if they had any sorghum syrup or molasses. She said she'd never heard of either one. So we asked where she was from. She said Mississippi! We both chortled! SMH. Kids these days.
    We are more than ready to go back for some of their creole stuff!
    I recommend!
    Thanks for the post, we were at a loss for someplace to eat in MWC before seeing the Moscow Ballet Nutcracker next week at Rose State, had forgotten about them...

  9. Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    Best cajun/creole food in the metro! Crawfish étouffée is soooo good, way better than Pearl's used to be (which was pretty good 20 years ago, but hasn't been good in years, and that's what I always try at cajun/creole places), fried green tomatoes are pretty good, red beans/rice is nice and thick and tasty with big chunks of ham in it. Wife's catfish was way better than she's had elsewhere - nice light cornmeal breading and good fillet size and fresh taste, but her greens were too salty. Her maque choux was fantastic, however, not a drop or kernel left. Got a huge piece of strawberry cake to go, will eat that later tonight, so can't comment on it now. Decor was really nicely done too - great Mardi Gras theme and colors, service was outstanding, will definitely go back anytime we want good cajun/creole food.

  10. Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    Oklahoman - 4/3/2019 - Review: B is for Brielle's, Bistro and Blueberry Beignets: Midwest City cafe is destination dining.

    Really good review of a hidden gem in the Midwest City/Spencer area.

  11. Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    If you didn't go to Brielle's Bistro yesterday, then you missed one heck of a time!

    It was Crawfish & Buds.... Tickets sold by OKC Black Eats




    We got there about 1:30pm and the place was PACKED! Had to wait 10 minutes for a table to leave. Even better than being packed, the place was so lively! They had the music going, plates of food were wizzing past fast and furious and all you could hear over the music was laughter and people having a really good time. So busy they were, that they had to close at 6pm (usually 9pm) because they simply ran out of fresh ingredients for their most popular dishes.

    The wife and I had the catfish. I have mine with the unbelievable Jalapeño mac & cheese and some fresh green beans. As always, lightly breaded fillets (2) that were so tasty.

    We also ordered the shrimp and grits, crawfish Étouffée, cornbread, more Jalapeño mac & cheese and Reese and Coconut cream pie slices - all togo to get us through the weekend. All of that food (in-house and togo) was only about $47 and we will get probably 6 meals out of it!

  12. Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    ...

    We also ordered the shrimp and grits, crawfish Étouffée, cornbread, more Jalapeño mac & cheese and Reese and Coconut cream pie slices - all togo to get us through the weekend. All of that food (in-house and togo) was only about $47 and we will get probably 6 meals out of it!
    I've always wondered - how do you reheat shrimp and grits so the grits don't turn into wallpaper paste?

  13. Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I've always wondered - how do you reheat shrimp and grits so the grits don't turn into wallpaper paste?
    I actually find their's get even better when reheated. We tend to add a over medium fried egg on top of ours when we reheat it. It's not 'just grits.'

  14. Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    I actually find their's get even better when reheated. We tend to add a over medium fried egg on top of ours when we reheat it. It's not 'just grits.'
    So - stovetop, oven, microwave? I can see the egg helping...

  15. #15

    Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    I went over the weekend. I was very impressed. Our party tried several thing and they were all good. I will say that the blackened chicken was not spicy at all and I hope the chef, who was great and came over to our table and chatted for 5 minutes, makes his recipe a little hotter. The desserts looked great, but I didn't try any because they were sold out of banana pudding pie which I had my heart set on. One area they could upgrade was the bar. We had a Hurricane and a Voodoo Marguerita and they were pretty bad. Overall great experience though. Will return.

  16. Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    I went over the weekend. I was very impressed. Our party tried several thing and they were all good. I will say that the blackened chicken was not spicy at all and I hope the chef, who was great and came over to our table and chatted for 5 minutes, makes his recipe a little hotter. The desserts looked great, but I didn't try any because they were sold out of banana pudding pie which I had my heart set on. One area they could upgrade was the bar. We had a Hurricane and a Voodoo Marguerita and they were pretty bad. Overall great experience though. Will return.
    Don't hesitate to tell the waitress to have the chef "spice it up" or make whatever adjustments you'd like. We do that all the time. The wife wants anything 'blackened' to be really spicy. We just recently tried their fried green tomatoes (with shrimp on top) for the first time and they were really really good! We actually scope out the desserts when we first get there and have our choice(s) pulled so they don't get sold before we are done eating. They had a hard time getting a good bartender. I just don't think the volume is there yet to attract a really seasoned bartender. Glad you enjoyed it. It's our favorite local restaurant and the owners have become friends - even delivering freshly baked desserts to our home when custom ordered.

  17. Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    So glad my favorite local Cajun bistro formally announced today that their second location is soon to open in Automobile Alley in the Magnolia Building that formally was home to Fit Pig (722 N Broadway).

    Magnolia Bistro is gonna be a regular stop for me for lunch and take home for dinner!

    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Magnolia-Bi...8108304568520/

  18. #18

    Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    Great news.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    Fantastic news, the gumbo here is absolutely incredible, along with the jalapeno mac-n-cheese.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    Is the menu going to be different?

  21. #21

    Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    I wonder why they are using a different name?

    Perhaps the menu and approach will be a bit different?

  22. Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I wonder why they are using a different name?

    Perhaps the menu and approach will be a bit different?
    I think primarily because they are utilizing the existing name of the building. I personally like they are leaving the original name for their Spencer area customers that supported them so well.

    I know the menu will have some of the same items and some new items. Much smaller place with a focus on delivery and togo’s. I believe they will close early afternoon.

    Dwayne is an excellent cook. Very much looking forward to this opening.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Brielle's Bistro in MWC opens

    I made another trip to Brielle's last night and had another great meal. I learned that if you want something on the menu a little spicier you just have to ask for it "Cajun Style".

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Luigi's Bistro
    By Easy180 in forum Moore
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-12-2016, 02:15 PM
  2. Szechuan Bistro
    By corwin1968 in forum Restaurants & Bars
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2012, 07:32 PM
  3. Golden Phoenix Bistro
    By grandshoemaster in forum Midwest City/Del City
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 05:33 PM
  4. annabellas bistro
    By evh5150 in forum Restaurants & Bars
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 07:45 PM
  5. Kang's Asian Bistro
    By metro in forum Restaurants & Bars
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 10:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO