Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Streetlight Outages

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Streetlight Outages

Quote Originally Posted by ypsiexplorer View Post
    I agree! I would love to see the Action Center be the central clearinghouse for all street light outages in the city. They could route them appropriately based on location and category. Anyone going to a city council meeting anytime soon?
    I'll contact my councilman (Ed) and see what he says.

Good idea. I just emailed Meg Salyer (my councilwoman) as well.

I don't see what's wrong with using the app. It's a great tool

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    I don't see what's wrong with using the app. It's a great tool
    It is good, but it'd be even better if you could enter *any* streetlight outage in it instead of having to call/email OG&E, it'd be one-stop-problem-reporting.

But that's not gonna happen, I spoke with Ed Shadid's right-hand-man yesterday and he said that since the city has never repaired streetlights that are out, they don't have that capability in the Action Center to do that at all. It's always been done by OG&E or another power company that covers areas that OG&E doesn't (didn't know there were any except the Edmond one, but he listed a few). He wasn't aware of the streetlight-on-a-signal-pole caveat, though, so I guess those have to be reported to the city, and I'm guessing if you call/email OG&E about those, you'll get a reply that they're not OG&E's responsibility and you'll have to report it to the city. Oh well, it was worth a try...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    It is good, but it'd be even better if you could enter *any* streetlight outage in it instead of having to call/email OG&E, it'd be one-stop-problem-reporting.

But that's not gonna happen, I spoke with Ed Shadid's right-hand-man yesterday and he said that since the city has never repaired streetlights that are out, they don't have that capability in the Action Center to do that at all. It's always been done by OG&E or another power company that covers areas that OG&E doesn't (didn't know there were any except the Edmond one, but he listed a few). He wasn't aware of the streetlight-on-a-signal-pole caveat, though, so I guess those have to be reported to the city, and I'm guessing if you call/email OG&E about those, you'll get a reply that they're not OG&E's responsibility and you'll have to report it to the city. Oh well, it was worth a try...
    I'm not asking for the city to fix all street light outages themselves. I'm asking for them to receive all of the various reports and complaints in one centralized location and route them to the responsible parties.

Quote Originally Posted by ypsiexplorer View Post
    I'm not asking for the city to fix all street light outages themselves. I'm asking for them to receive all of the various reports and complaints in one centralized location and route them to the responsible parties.
    I know, that's what I (and others) wanted too, but I was told that they're not set up for notifying OG&E (or the other power companies) since they've never had the responsibility of fixing streetlights, so the capability isn't there in the Action Center to do that. Although it's there for other city departments that they route items to, so I'm not sure why they can't just modify whatever software they're using to shoot an email to OG&E when a streetlight outage is reported via the Action Center.

I know, that's what I (and others) wanted too, but I was told that they're not set up for notifying OG&E (or the other power companies) since they've never had the responsibility of fixing streetlights, so the capability isn't there in the Action Center to do that. Although it's there for other city departments that they route items to, so I'm not sure why they can't just modify whatever software they're using to shoot an email to OG&E when a streetlight outage is reported via the Action Center.
    Or just write down addresses and call them in themselves...

This recommendation has been implemented by the Action Center. It is always best to report to OG&E directly, but if people report to the Action Center through app, website, email, text, call or fax, we will ship the issue to OG&E each morning at 7 a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by zachnash View Post
    This recommendation has been implemented by the Action Center. It is always best to report to OG&E directly, but if people report to the Action Center through app, website, email, text, call or fax, we will ship the issue to OG&E each morning at 7 a.m.
    Thanks Zach.

Does this apply to lighting only? I had reported graffiti on polls to the city and was told it was an OG&E problem.

Thank you!

Awesome, thank you very much for making our lives easier!

Woohoo for citizens working together to improve our city!

The App on my phone hasn't worked in a long time. Everything I do anything in the app, it says 'whoops, you have no connection'. This is on iOS and with AT&T. Not sure if it just me or what.

14. Default Re: Streetlight Outages

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    The App on my phone hasn't worked in a long time. Everything I do anything in the app, it says 'whoops, you have no connection'. This is on iOS and with AT&T. Not sure if it just me or what.
    That’s because they changed apps. I had the same thing happen to me when trying to use it, before I remembered they had released a new app and abandoned the old one (they did put out a lot of communication about this at the time). I had left the old one (an adaptation of See Click Fix) on my phone. After remembering, I deleted the old one and started using OKC Connect (the new one). Works like a champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Sorry you are having issues with the OKC Connect app. Please delete the app, reinstall and login again. If you want to receive updates on your submitted issues, I recommend using an email address instead of creating an account using your Facebook profile. If you use an email account, the Action Center will provide updates on your submitted cases.

I will also add that you can using the widget embedded on okc.gov as well. It is responsive and has the same functionality.

You can also text the Action Center at (405) 252-1053. Please note, this number is only for text messages. Be sure to include the address or closest intersection and a detailed description of the issue. Feel free to include photos. Text messages are monitored Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Don't text and drive and standard carrier rates and fees apply.

Blog Entries

Incidentally when I asked DOKC about this they said they do report downtown outages within the BID.

so... have any of these light outages have been fixed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    so... have any of these light outages have been fixed yet?
    Good question, dunno, but I'd hope so - OG&E apparently has an SLA to get lights fixed within a certain amount of days after a report, so I'd imagine some have been fixed by now. Lackmeyer said in his chat that he'll have a column about it on Tuesday, so it's getting way more visibility (ha).

It's good to see a little more light shed on this issue.

The ones on May from NW 23rd to 16th have not been fixed. and I logged that ticket a good while ago

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    The ones on May from NW 23rd to 16th have not been fixed. and I logged that ticket a good while ago
    Bust 'em on it, assuming you have a work order # to reference. baralheia said it's a 10-day SLA earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    A car hit a pole in this area knocking out power to the stretch of road. OG&E crews are aware and working to repair base and lights should be back on.

A car hit a pole in this area knocking out power to the stretch of road. OG&E crews are aware and working to repair base and lights should be back on.
    OG&E is installing the pole now, hopefully it won't be long till it relit.

'tis better to light a match than curse the darkness.

I just got an email back from Meg Salyer, my city councilwoman. She was very responsive and helpful and assured me that she is embarrassed by the situation and concerned as well. She has met with the City Manager and says that the city and OG&E are working on repairs. They have also agreed coordinate and to cross-report outages so that citizens don't need to know which lights belong to the city or OG&E. She said that public works has assigned an employee to do regularly scheduled checks of downtown lights to make sure they're working properly.

Sounds like progress is being made!

Thread Information