Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Streetlight Outages

Default Re: Streetlight Outages

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    last I saw everything to the west of the skydance bridge is lit, but everything to the east of the skydance bridge to I35/235 junction is unlit.
    That area would seem to fall under one of the line items in the slide above for stolen wire (I-40 from I-44 to I-35) and repairs haven't been started yet, the slide says.

From Lackmeyer's chat today, as an answer to a question about the ongoing streetlight outages:

JOBETH: I appreciate that question because one of the reasons I decided to run was this issue. I would constantly report streetlights out in downtown and Midtown where you would think city leadership would want to be responsive. And I pretty much never heard back or it got passed on to OGE or the city, etc. I have research to do on how the council can address this. But I think making sure we hold our contractors and franchisees we use as a city be accountable to residents and is something I am interested in learning about.

Interesting, was on okc.gov today looking for how long the May Ave/river closure was going to be and saw that under the "I want to..." category from the top menu, there was a link for "Report a streetlight outage", so I clicked on it, and it went to OG&E's home page, so I clicked on "Report an outage" and there was a whole section there for streetlights, with multiple causes, etc. Nice to see, but still idiotic that us citizens have to do OG&E's/OKC's job for them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Interesting, was on okc.gov today looking for how long the May Ave/river closure was going to be and saw that under the "I want to..." category from the top menu, there was a link for "Report a streetlight outage", so I clicked on it, and it went to OG&E's home page, so I clicked on "Report an outage" and there was a whole section there for streetlights, with multiple causes, etc. Nice to see, but still idiotic that us citizens have to do OG&E's/OKC's job for them.
    The ornamental lights in both the Paseo and Midtown are currently out. I wonder if copper thieves got them?

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    The ornamental lights in both the Paseo and Midtown are currently out. I wonder if copper thieves got them?
    Report them. And there is a "copper theft" reason in that dropdown box, I believe.

I'm still seeing a lot of outages. Has anyone noticed if anything's back on?

Pretty sure the entire stretch on the new I40 crosstown is now completely lighted. Its a major improvement.

I'm glad this is being addressed but it's a horrible commentary on the responsible parties that it's taken this much effort just to deal with huge swaths of lights that have been out for a long time.

Now if they could work on the highway signage, that would be great. A lot of the signs throughout the metro has the letters peeling off to the point that you can't even read them anymore.

10. Default Re: Streetlight Outages

^ haha, lol.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    ^ haha, lol.
    Not seeing what is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by acumpton View Post
    Not seeing what is funny.
    I don't know what was so funny either, but I don't think I've noticed the issue of highway signage peeling off. Can you give some examples?

I don't know what was so funny either, but I don't think I've noticed the issue of highway signage peeling off. Can you give some examples?
    i don't know about peeling off, but many of the signs along i-44 south of i-240 have what i can only guess is a bad batch of reflective paint. the reflectivity has worn off at spots which makes it pretty hard to read the signs at night... so much so, that i could see a person who doesn't know their streets having a pretty tough time navigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i don't know about peeling off, but many of the signs along i-44 south of i-240 have what i can only guess is a bad batch of reflective paint. the reflectivity has worn off at spots which makes it pretty hard to read the signs at night... so much so, that i could see a person who doesn't know their streets having a pretty tough time navigating.
    Exactly. I take I-44 everyday and it's hard to see, even during the daytime on some of them. I have also noticed it along I-40 around the I-44 junction as well.

15. Default Re: Streetlight Outages

I think its very funny that Oklahoma is so cheap that they have freeway signs peeling off and nobody does anything about it. haha, lol. Particularly since those signs are made in prisons; something Oklahoma used to get so excited about that their having so many prisons was as a 'business model'. Face PALM.

Well...here we are in September and there are still large streetlight outages along I-240, I-44, OK74 and NW Expressway and several other areas on both ODOT and city maintained roadways...anyone know what's up with the repairs?

I don't get it. We can build a convention center, add streetcars and a zillion other things but can't keep street lights on. Shssshhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind17 View Post
    Well...here we are in September and there are still large streetlight outages along I-240, I-44, OK74 and NW Expressway and several other areas on both ODOT and city maintained roadways...anyone know what's up with the repairs?

18. Default Re: Streetlight Outages

Intersection in midtown just received new LED lights on all 4 corners, makes a big difference.

Best of all, the brand new bridge at I-44 WB and the Lake Hefner Parkway is adorned with brand new streetlights...all sitting dark. Seems pretty senseless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Although I agree at least a majority of people have apps to help navigate. Whats way worse imo is the paint on road lanes where its almost a guess where to drive due to wear. That to me is so dangerous

I hate driving in this city at night on a wet road.

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind17 View Post
    Best of all, the brand new bridge at I-44 WB and the Lake Hefner Parkway is adorned with brand new streetlights...all sitting dark. Seems pretty senseless to me.
    The LED streetlights on the "new" section of the I-240/I-35 interchange are still dark as well. They were only on for about a month before they went out... have reported the issue several times to no avail. I believe that is still under ODOT's control right now though, since the project isn't considered complete. I have noticed that the City of OKC is slowly replacing the streetlight heads mounted above stoplights with LED heads, though - they recently upgraded the Westbound SW 74th and S Santa Fe Ave intersection, as well as SW 44th and S Walker Ave.

24. Default Re: Streetlight Outages

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    I think its very funny that Oklahoma is so cheap that they have freeway signs peeling off and nobody does anything about it. haha, lol. Particularly since those signs are made in prisons; something Oklahoma used to get so excited about that their having so many prisons was as a 'business model'. Face PALM.
    I've driven all over the city and the northwest quad of the state and haven't noted one peeling sign. Where are you referring to?

25. Default Re: Streetlight Outages

you may want to ask the OP (acumpton) since I was responding to him.

Thread Information