Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Metro Diner

Default Re: Metro Diner

^

Wow, thanks for all that info.

I know they are planning more OKC locations but not sure where.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Has anyone else tried this yet? I’m anxious to give it a shot.
    Ate there tonight - always fun to try a new place. However, I can’t say i was overwhelmed. I think breakfast might be the better meal choice. Service was OK, food OK (not great, not bad). Everyone should try it out and see what they think.

Went today for Breakfast/Lunch. Small wait at 12:30. Had chicken and waffles. Probably some of the juiciest chicken I have had. Waffle and that strawberry topping was wow. Friend had 3 eggs, toast, hash browns, links. Everything was good. Price was $8.99 for eggs breakfast. Maybe a tad more price wise than Jimmy's Egg. Jimmy's you can get more side options. Like pancakes, or homemade toast where here toast was the only option. Looks like a little more hash browns though than at Jimmy Egg. Overall great but Jimmy's is right down the street from me and I would say a tad bit cheaper cause of the extra side you can get. Plus I'll get a coupon from them from time to time. If they were both the same distance from my home I probably would lean more towards Metro though.

The Gazette has a thorough write-up:

https://www.okgazette.com/oklahoma/f...nt?oid=4499318

Metro Dinner to build new location neat the Outlet Mall:

Yes I live just south of the Lake. Love their food but was a bit too far to go all the way up to Quail Springs Mall area. Especially with Jimmy's Eggs which is comparable for breakfast. They usual build in a strip mall though. Is there something else going in?

Talked to a friend of mine that is a manager for them. He says they do have stand alone stores. Takes 3-4 months to build one once they get going.

Tried to show their menu to a relative, the PDF of the local menu is pooched and won't load. Showed him the general menu on the website, and he said "looks good, how much is it?". I assume that answer would be on the local menu, which can't be loaded. He was less than impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Metro Dinner to build new location neat the Outlet Mall:

Literally next door to Jimmy's Egg... It's like CVS vs Walgreens...

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Literally next door to Jimmy's Egg... It's like CVS vs Walgreens...
    But Jimmy's Egg closes at 2pm.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    But Jimmy's Egg closes at 2pm.
    So Jimmy's Egg is CVS, which closes at 9pm... Haha

I've eaten here several times and it's one of my wife's favorite brunch places. The food and service is very consistent and there always seems to be a wait so others must be enjoying it as well!

13. Default Re: Metro Diner

I tried to go there Sunday morning but their wait was over an hour. The rather curt man on the phone cut me off saying they won't put my name in the line and that it is first-come, first-served then hung up. I'm happy they have good business but was a bit put off by the man's lack of simple politeness. I'll also throw in, they should take phone calls to get in line. If it's that busy and the person isn't there, move on. It's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I tried to go there Sunday morning but their wait was over an hour. The rather curt man on the phone cut me off saying they won't put my name in the line and that it is first-come, first-served then hung up. I'm happy they have good business but was a bit put off by the man's lack of simple politeness. I'll also throw in, they should take phone calls to get in line. If it's that busy and the person isn't there, move on. It's not that hard.
    Dont let one person ruin it for you. There are a lot of places that don't take call ahead, for the longest time Cafe Kaco would not take call a head, thankfully they fixed that but it was an issue for a couple of years.

Any word yet on when building might start. I would think they would want to be open sometime in the fall and before winter.

Any word yet on when building might start. I would think they would want to be open sometime in the fall and before winter.
    The building permit was just approved so they should be starting soon.

\

Hope this gets going soon I love their food.

So is this still a go? Nothing has been started yet. I would think Oct Nov would be good building weather.

Still going on or did something happen. I guess it's common for land to be built and it takes a while to build. I think Whataburger owns land along 240 and in Yukon and hasn't built anything yet.

Still going on or did something happen. I guess it's common for land to be built and it takes a while to build. I think Whataburger owns land along 240 and in Yukon and hasn't built anything yet.
    The permit was approved but for some reason Metro has not paid the final fees for it to be issued.

Talked to a friend today that's a manager for them (not Locally) and he said they have pumped the brakes on building new stores. They grew so quickly a few years ago that they are having a hard time keeping up with things out of their small offices in Florida. I would like to see this get going sometime soon as it's close to my home and their food is pretty good.

The permit was approved but for some reason Metro has not paid the final fees for it to be issued.
    Any updates? Do they still own the land?

Any updates? Do they still own the land?
    Their permit has been ready for them since April and they haven't bothered to pay for it and have it formally issued.

I would guess this deal is dead.

Wondering if anybody's been to the memorial location in a while. Are they still busy all the time. Has their food gone downhill any?

Blog Entries

Wondering if anybody's been to the memorial location in a while. Are they still busy all the time. Has their food gone downhill any?
    Seems like the food has been consistent. Every time I’ve been they’ve been reasonably busy.

Thread Information