Widgets Magazine
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 272829303132

Thread: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Effective April, AA will return to 3x daily to CLT. This was reduced to 2x to accommodate the new PHL capacity. It’s a good indicator that PHL is doing well and not cannibalizing CLT traffic too much.
    American is really showing us some love as of late. I’ll fly them a little more to show some love back.

Any new destinations in the works for OKC? I would love a JFK/LGA route, or a PDX route (that one may be a little farther off). I would also think a Boston flight might do well! But what do I know! Just curious if anyone on here maybe has heard where OKC officials are working to secure flights to.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Any new destinations in the works for OKC? I would love a JFK/LGA route, or a PDX route (that one may be a little farther off). I would also think a Boston flight might do well! But what do I know! Just curious if anyone on here maybe has heard where OKC officials are working to secure flights to.
    Boston isn’t a total moonshot, but it’s definitely in the same neighborhood as the moon. Delta is growing BOS to a similar size as SEA, the CS100 (A220) would be an ideal aircraft for BOS-OKC. But I just can’t really see that happening.

I wish Delta would add SEA to compete with Alaska. I hate the SLC connection but can't justify doing the direct when I do 90k+ with Delta each year.

You'd think with all the AA love, we'd get a daily flight to MIA.

It looks like AA is trying to do to OKC what they have done to AUS,and that is to line up a loyalty brand. Not that I expect OKC to get an Admirals Club, but AA definitely has a vision for OKC.

A MIA would be amazing for Caribbean flights

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    You'd think with all the AA love, we'd get a daily flight to MIA.

It looks like AA is trying to do to OKC what they have done to AUS,and that is to line up a loyalty brand. Not that I expect OKC to get an Admirals Club, but AA definitely has a vision for OKC.
    I keep hoping for MIA and at least one of LGA/BOS.

And selfishly I want someone to add New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Effective April, AA will return to 3x daily to CLT. This was reduced to 2x to accommodate the new PHL capacity. It’s a good indicator that PHL is doing well and not cannibalizing CLT traffic too much.
    On the downside it looks like OKC-LAX is back down to 2x daily, at least on the few dates I checked in January/February.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    On the downside it looks like OKC-LAX is back down to 2x daily, at least on the few dates I checked in January/February.
    Balanced by the mainline to PHX. Send the low yield west coast connecting traffic on the airbus to PHX, keep LAX inventory open for higher yield nonstop O&D or int’l connex.

10. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

would love airbus(es) to LAX though.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

11. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Looks like UPS has been mixing it up at OKC lately with 763ERFs, in addition to the usual 300-600Fs.

UA 777-200 just landed from SFO. It’s headed to FLL as what I presume to be an OU charter.

It’s the domestic configuration which seats 364.

13. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Yeah that's likely for the OU football team and staff. Headed to Miami for the Orange Bowl against Alabama. OU frequently charters United for its flights these days. Go Sooners!

On a different note, did United Express' flight to/from EWR become year-round? Seeing the one daily on Flight Aware. Used to be summer-only.

Quote Originally Posted by OUman View Post
    Yeah that's likely for the OU football team and staff. Headed to Miami for the Orange Bowl against Alabama. OU frequently charters United for its flights these days. Go Sooners!

On a different note, did United Express' flight to/from EWR become year-round? Seeing the one daily on Flight Aware. Used to be summer-only.
    It used to be daily year round but the past 4 years or so it has been suspended from Jan-Apr

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    would love airbus(es) to LAX though.
    We do...on Allegiant

Looking at flightaware stats, has Via Air only operated the AUS-OKC flight 3 times this month? Is that true?

Anyone know the reason for the diversion?

Flight was diverted to OKC from LAX-ORD—when they were still west of ABQ.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	013B8C9A-BEFC-45F3-B729-E4DFD8119870.jpeg 
Views:	63 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	15097

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind17 View Post
    Anyone know the reason for the diversion?

Flight was diverted to OKC from LAX-ORD—when they were still west of ABQ.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	013B8C9A-BEFC-45F3-B729-E4DFD8119870.jpeg 
Views:	63 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	15097
    Planned fuel stop. Inop fuel boost pump at departure time caused a 20K lb weight penalty.

Very interesting, Catch.

Thank you for the inside info!

DW17

20. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Airport was pretty busy last night/Sunday after midnight, my flight was the last AA in from DFW, but there were others, DT and WN, time I got off and received my baggage, there were quite a few people in the airport.

Thread Information