Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Heard an ad for via air on the sports animal today

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Depends on success? Full flights aren’t always profitable. I’ve been buying Frontier tickets for my commute to denver and they are cheap. 2 examples: 1 fare was $9.80 + tax. My trip May 5 is $3.72 + tax.
    That's low even by F9 standards but they're doing this all over the country and somehow are still in business. Of course sustainability is the big unknown!

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    That's low even by F9 standards but they're doing this all over the country and somehow are still in business. Of course sustainability is the big unknown!
    True. And not every fare sold is that price. Just some anecdotal information.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    True. And not every fare sold is that price. Just some anecdotal information.

5. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Any word on how the loads are for Via's first flights to/from AUS?

http://https://airlinerwatch.com/spi...served-routes/

Here is the story about Spirit Airlines purchasing smaller regional size jets.

I read that Southwest is leasing 8 gates at DCA and 12 gates at LGA from Alaska. Any chance OKC could land a route from this new availability?

Quote Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
    I read that Southwest is leasing 8 gates at DCA and 12 gates at LGA from Alaska. Any chance OKC could land a route from this new availability?

Sorry, I meant slots. Not gates.

Southwest is abandoning small market Point 2 Point. Extra slots from DCA or LGA will go to beef up trunk routes. S Florida, Chicago, Etc.

I’m in the mood to be surprised though.

I have on good authority that Alaska will be expanding its presence in OKC beginning with next winter's schedule. Also, the j-lines at their gate (2) are also being updated to include all of Alaska's aircraft types (except A321)--so they can begin accepting company diversions. Hopefully, we'll know something by mid-summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind17 View Post
    I have on good authority that Alaska will be expanding its presence in OKC beginning with next winter's schedule. Also, the j-lines at their gate (2) are also being updated to include all of Alaska's aircraft types (except A321)--so they can begin accepting company diversions. Hopefully, we'll know something by mid-summer.
    Do tell - a 2nd daily to SEA? Or starting OKC-PDX? Or upgauging to mainline?

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind17 View Post
    Do tell - a 2nd daily to SEA? Or starting OKC-PDX? Or upgauging to mainline?

My bet would be mainline to SEA.

Mid tier markets have failed out of PDX (OMA, STL) so I can’t see them attempting an even thinner market of comparable distance.

A wild card would be an ABQ-like expansion. SFO or SJC and SAN.

14. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

My bet would be mainline to SEA.

Mid tier markets have failed out of PDX (OMA, STL) so I can’t see them attempting an even thinner market of comparable distance.

A wild card would be an ABQ-like expansion. SFO or SJC and SAN.
    Have PDX-OMA/STL actually failed, like they discontinued these routes? How's MCI doing, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Have PDX-OMA/STL actually failed, like they discontinued these routes? How's MCI doing, then?
    I believe they were brought to less than daily and eventually dropped.

PDX seems like a major longshot. There just isn’t enough traffic for such a long route and not enough connecting traffic in that region. SJC and SAN I could see at some point. Really hoping Alaska starts SEA service to TUL now that the OKC market has matured and with Tulsa’s aerospace business connections.

The intelligence seemed to indicate that new service would likely be part of this upgraded presence. I would hope for an upgauge in addition to new service. SAN, LAX, SNA, even LGA, I think would all be possibilities. We will know in July when the schedule is loaded.

18. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

sounds great!!! and in a big way, it makes sense given OKC is Alaska's maintenance depot - might as well sell revenue flights whilst moving planes in/out. Isn't this what AA does in Tulsa, notably with the once weekly Miami-TUL flight?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

19. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

I believe they were brought to less than daily and eventually dropped.
    I looked these up on Wikipedia (not sure how accurate it is then) and PDX-OMA and PDX-MCI are listed as seasonal. PDX-STL ends mid May.

Southwest announced that it will fly to 4 Hawaiian cities initially from 4 California gateways: OAK, SJC, SMF and SAN. They also plan inter-island flights. I wonder when Southwest will start flying to California from OKC and TUL? PHX and LAS are the further west they currently go.

Monster month for April.

ViaAir starts off with 24% load factor.

https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

Monster month for April.

ViaAir starts off with 24% load factor.

https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf
    How long will they let it grow before they start think about pulling the plug

It’s typical for larger airlines to give 1-2 years for a route to mature.

Since they are small, I’m not sure. Maybe a year

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    How long will they let it grow before they start think about pulling the plug
    Certainly longer than half a month. I think it has a lot to do with a lack of brand recognition. No one here has heard of Via Air, and I think that matters.

It will no doubt improve. I’d say if they are in the 60’s-70’s % LF by the end of the summer they will keep it.

Thread Information