Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Wow - suggests that OKC is still underserved. I get the sense F9 and NK go into markets looking to generate traffic with low fares (folks who choose to fly who otherwise may not have). For whatever reason the ULCCs have stayed away from OKC, but maybe this will change things. I wonder if SAN does well for F9 if NK will take another look here.
    I have believed for a while that the low fare leisure market out of OKC has been underserved. Our business markets appear to be overserved or matched pretty well with demand.

I know this isn't a sexy topic but per an investor call today , AAR has seen the amount of airplanes serviced triple in the last 3 years. Mainly on Boeing aircraft. Good news for OKC

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    I know this isn't a sexy topic but per an investor call today , AAR has seen the amount of airplanes serviced triple in the last 3 years. Mainly on Boeing aircraft. Good news for OKC
    That is good news.

As an aside, is the new construction just south of Field's hangars the new SkyWest maintenance hangar?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    That is good news.

As an aside, is the new construction just south of Field's hangars the new SkyWest maintenance hangar?
    Yes between Atlantic and Field (former ARINC). Looks a lot larger than the renderings showed.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Yes between Atlantic and Field (former ARINC). Looks a lot larger than the renderings showed.
    Yeah, it’s huge. Driving west on 240, you can see it over the I-44 ramp and it’s pretty impressive.

Was looking ahead at Allegiant this year and their summer peak schedule in July is fairly robust.

7. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Yay!!

9. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    This is the one I've been waiting for. Great news.

Haven't been able to find the equipment they plan on using for this route but I imagine an RJ of some sort.

Great news!

Glad to see US airways finally take an interest in OKC!

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    This is the one I've been waiting for. Great news.

Haven't been able to find the equipment they plan on using for this route but I imagine an RJ of some sort.
    I'd guess an E175.

I'd guess an E175.
    Hoping they time this to connect to the evening Europe bank!

LGA would be better but PHL is likely more feasible. That will be the 6th nonstop destination from OKC for AA: LAX, PHX, DFW, ORD, CLT and PHL. Hope we can see a similar expansion at TUL to PHX and PHL, and resumption of LAX.

Fantastic news! Our realistic wish list for new routes continues to shrink

15. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

From the press release:

The new Philadelphia service will operate twice daily utilizing the Embraer 175 (E-175) aircraft. The two daily flights are timed to make northeast connections in the morning and Trans-Atlantic connections in the afternoon.

The current schedule is as follows:

OKC to Philadelphia

Departs Arrives

6:00am 9:59am

10:55am 2:55pm

Philadephia to OKC

Departs Arrives

8:05am 10:25am

9:00pm 11:20pm

Wow, 2x daily. That's good!

This is awesome! Philly, aside from JFK, might be the largest need filled at Will Rogers in a while. It opens up Europe on a new scale for us Oklahomans.

Any other destinations on the horizon?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SRY4141

Looks ViaAir is starting service today. Which is odd because based on their booking engine I was unable to find anything for sale before March 2.

Catch: weird. What gates are they using? Where is their check in ?

HangryHippo Guest

Now if we could just get Delta/JetBlue to NYC and nonstops to New Orleans and Kansas City, I’d be good!

Quote Originally Posted by damonsmuz View Post
    Catch: weird. What gates are they using? Where is their check in ?
    Check in will be next to AA in the old UA space. They are not leasing a gate so they will share with Allegiant on the city's Gate 1.

I think that FlightAware had some old reservation schedules loaded and assumed they were still starting today. The flight never operated and a flight plan was never filed. FlightAware can be weird sometimes.

22. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Regionally, looks like they are also starting PHL-OMA as well. Take a look at OMA's service. It is really astounding for a city that size. They are getting AC to YYZ this spring, they have PDX and SAN in addition to SEA on AS, more G4 destinations, than OKC, lots more F9 service than us, and two airlines serving DCA--both DL and WN, where OKC has no service to DCA (Heck XNA and LIT both have DCA service and we don't!) That's amazing when the OMA metro has about 300-400K fewer people than OKC. Is it catchment area alone or is their business market just that much stronger than ours that they are able to sustain service like they have? Have to say I am a bit perplexed (and a bit jealous).

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Regionally, looks like they are also starting PHL-OMA as well. Take a look at OMA's service. It is really astounding for a city that size. They are getting AC to YYZ this spring, they have PDX and SAN in addition to SEA on AS, more G4 destinations, lots more F9 service, and two airlines serving DCA--both DL and WN. That's amazing when the metro has about 300-400K fewer people it serves. Is it catchment area alone or is their business market just that much stronger than ours that they are able to sustain service like they have? Have to say I am a bit perplexed (and a bit jealous).
    Yes and yes. They don't have the same leakage to a nearby hub like we do to DFW, and thus have a larger catchment area to themselves. Also, business demand is a fair bit stronger in OMA.

24. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Yes and yes. They don't have the same leakage to a nearby hub like we do to DFW, and thus have a larger catchment area to themselves. Also, business demand is a fair bit stronger in OMA.
    Why is business demand stronger? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Why is business demand stronger? Just curious.
    They have 5 Fortune 500 companies. Very big financial and telecom sectors, too.

Thread Information