Widgets Magazine
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    4 daily to ORD, sometimes 5 (summer or peak)
    2 daily to CLT, sometimes 3 for peak periods.
    So non-peak departures for AA with the DCA add (and assuming it doesn't include a cut for PHL):
    DFW: 9x
    ORD: 4x
    LAX: 3x
    CLT: 2x
    PHL: 2x
    PHX: 1x
    DCA: 1x
    Total: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It's been great for me personally. I'd like to fly Delta more, but their schedules and destinations out of OKC suck and their fares tend to be horrendous.
    Yep. When they shut down Memphis...started getting harder. It just seems that AA is always canceling flights. Maybe wrong and curious if Catch or someone have stats on who cancels the most flights our of OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Yep. When they shut down Memphis...started getting harder. It just seems that AA is always canceling flights. Maybe wrong and curious if Catch or someone have stats on who cancels the most flights our of OKC.
    So not OKC's numbers but ironic this popped up today.

"In July, American and regional affiliate American Eagle canceled 5,422 flights, according to the most recent government figures. That was the second highest rate in the industry behind Frontier Airlines, and compared with 2,394 cancellations at United and United Express and 1,154 at Delta and Delta Connection."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...008-story.html

Why? ATL is orders of magnitude larger than MEM ever was - curious why DL shuttering the MEM hub made it harder to fly DL? Have never heard that before.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Why? ATL is orders of magnitude larger than MEM ever was - curious why DL shuttering the MEM hub made it harder to fly DL? Have never heard that before.
    MEM was a good connecting point for flights north and east. Easy airport to navigate and lots of connecting flights in the Northwest/early Delta heyday. Similar to how STL operates today for Southwest, it's good for connecting flights to places like PIT, LGA, BOS, etc.

HangryHippo Guest

It did. SkyPesos just kill me, but Delta is running the best operation in my experience. It's just more pleasant, consistent, etc. But AA's FF program still offers me the best ROI, so I'm happy to see their expansion in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    MEM was a good connecting point for flights north and east. Easy airport to navigate and lots of connecting flights in the Northwest/early Delta heyday. Similar to how STL operates today for Southwest, it's good for connecting flights to places like PIT, LGA, BOS, etc.
    ATL also offers tons of connections? Not just to the northeast but Europe, South America, Asia - that MEM would've never been able to support. I agree MEM was a pleasant enough airport to connect through, but it just didn't make sense to keep that hub post-NW/DL merger.

So not OKC's numbers but ironic this popped up today.

"In July, American and regional affiliate American Eagle canceled 5,422 flights, according to the most recent government figures. That was the second highest rate in the industry behind Frontier Airlines, and compared with 2,394 cancellations at United and United Express and 1,154 at Delta and Delta Connection."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...008-story.html
    I read that also. AA is the largest carrier in the US, so you have to wonder what's going on at Frontier for them to cancel so many flights.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    ATL also offers tons of connections? Not just to the northeast but Europe, South America, Asia - that MEM would've never been able to support. I agree MEM was a pleasant enough airport to connect through, but it just didn't make sense to keep that hub post-NW/DL merger.
    I agree post-merger it didn't make sense with ATL. But connecting in MEM vs. ATL was a breeze. CLT has been a nice add for AA that fills a hole in the SE for connections to the NE and Florida. BNA (Nashville) could eventually be a decent connecting point for Southwest, hopefully their single OKC flight is bumped to daily at some point.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...500Z/KCHS/KOKC

Hopefully someone got a photo of this. Very rare sight for okc.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...500Z/KCHS/KOKC

Hopefully someone got a photo of this. Very rare sight for okc.
    Wow I hope someone did! Must be taking delivery of a new 787 from the Boeing plant in SC.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Wow I hope someone did! Must be taking delivery of a new 787 from the Boeing plant in SC.
    The airport's official Twitter account posted pictures: https://twitter.com/fly_okc/status/1049736371261382659

Fly okc’s twitter game is strong

Here is an article about why the 787 stopped here. For those of you not wanting to spend the time reading it, the pilots needed experience as both a pilot and co-pilot on the plane before flying over the Pacific.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/dreamliner-okc-pit-stop/

More pics here, https://www.instagram.com/planelycrazy/

BE sure to follow that guy on Instagram, he posts a ton of pics from the airport.

September numbers are in. Solid month. Via Air still struggles.

https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf

How confident are you we break the 2 million mark?

September numbers are in. Solid month. Via Air still struggles.

https://flyokc.com/sites/default/fil...nplanement.pdf
    Holy United

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    How confident are you we break the 2 million mark?
    Assuming you mean 4 million? I’d say we have already passed it (for example if growth hit 0% the rest of the year).

November and December are heavy months that usually have around 400k each.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Holy United
    Nothing changed schedule-wise, so I am betting that they are more aggressive on pricing to bulk fill unsold seats. I did buy a last minute ticket to Denver for work this week for $39. Which explains why they may be reducing DEN so much. As mentioned before. The spring schedule has a 35% reduction in inventory for OKC-DEN.

Nothing changed schedule-wise, so I am betting that they are more aggressive on pricing to bulk fill unsold seats. I did buy a last minute ticket to Denver for work this week for $39. Which explains why they may be reducing DEN so much. As mentioned before. The spring schedule has a 35% reduction in inventory for OKC-DEN.
    That makes sense. Den is a pretty saturated market with southwest, frontier also flying the route.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    That makes sense. Den is a pretty saturated market with southwest, frontier also flying the route.
    Catch correct me if I’m wrong but OKC-DEN currently has 9 nonstops (5x United, 3x Southwest, 1x Frontier)

23. Default Re: 2018 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

What's with Allegiant? That's a huge increase (relatively speaking for its operations). United's/United Express' numbers are quite impressive as well.

I believe they operated their summer schedule a little later in the year. As did everybody. The shoulder months on the summer seem to be creeping further into May and September. This is likely due to lower fares in those months being more attractive since explosive summer growth is causing peak summer months to carry a higher premium.

AA adding a second PHX round trip beginning in February. The new flight will be a 5:55am departure.

Obviously AA is liking OKC.

Thread Information