Widgets Magazine

Thread: Chef Curry to-go

Western Ave. Chef Curry to-go

Everything I've gotten here so far

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Dt367AHThXh7Nkxj1

Took over where Pho Van was about a year and a half ago. Chef Kendall Curry I think was head chef at The Ranch Steakhouse and then opened up this place.

The menu reminds me a bit of Bonjour, for those who were lucky to eat there, without the French influence. Also much like Bonjour, I don't think Chef Curry can do any wrong. There maybe some things that taste better than others, but I haven't had anything I didn't like yet.

Would like to see it last longer though. When I eat here, I'm usually the only one there.

Default Re: Chef Curry to-go

Anything that is comparable to Bonjour is worth a shot in my book. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Everything I've gotten here so far

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Dt367AHThXh7Nkxj1

Took over where Pho Van was about a year and a half ago. Chef Kendall Curry I think was head chef at The Ranch Steakhouse and then opened up this place.

The menu reminds me a bit of Bonjour, for those who were lucky to eat there, without the French influence. Also much like Bonjour, I don't think Chef Curry can do any wrong. There maybe some things that taste better than others, but I haven't had anything I didn't like yet.

Would like to see it last longer though. When I eat here, I'm usually the only one there.
    Thanks for the info, we drive by it a lot, but just don't think about going there for some reason. Only ever really had breakfast items at Bonjour, so don't know what his regular entrees were like, but I expect they were pretty good, so if Chef Curry's are comparable, it's definitely worth a try! Was always wondering about the name too, and now I know it's not Indian food, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Thanks for the info, we drive by it a lot, but just don't think about going there for some reason. Only ever really had breakfast items at Bonjour, so don't know what his regular entrees were like, but I expect they were pretty good, so if Chef Curry's are comparable, it's definitely worth a try! Was always wondering about the name too, and now I know it's not Indian food, lol...
    Now that I think about it, it may have been the French influences that put it over the top. My favorites were the French BELT, and the breakfast reuben.

We actually really enjoyed chef curry to-go the few times that we went. Everything is super fresh in their KC Burger was really one of the best burgers I've had. I will say it's just slightly pricey for what you get, but the food is really good. And I agree, they need to liven up the place a little bit. Generally slow when we used to go, and the atmosphere made it feel even more dead.

Heads up, they have popped back up. They are in the back of the building that is between the oil building and the old belle isle library on NW expressway.

In case anyone doesn't know, this is Kendall Curry who was the Executive Chef at The Ranch Steakhouse for a spell. I worked under him and I will tell you that he's the perfect mix between a Chef and a Cook. He has the creativity to turn a regular 'ole dish into something fantastic, to make you reconsider food you once thought was not for you, and deliver a delicious and competitive rendition of some of your favorite regular dishes. Yet he also has the technique to achieve consistency throughout everything he touches.

I highly recommend trying him out if you have never made it by.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Heads up, they have popped back up. They are in the back of the building that is between the oil building and the old belle isle library on NW expressway.
    So they are located inside that building? If so, things might be rough for them. Not going to get too much, if any, drive-by traffic/customers.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    So they are located inside that building? If so, things might be rough for them. Not going to get too much, if any, drive-by traffic/customers.
    Lack of visibility sucks, and I can only hope they got a friendly rate given the building probably has little/no workers from WFH in addition to lack of visibility.

They do most of their business with weekly meal orders and catering.

Accessibility is important but visibility isn't that big of a deal.

Thread Information