Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shipley Do-Nuts

Default Re: Shipley Do-Nuts

I also stopped by this morning. Had some of the big earl kolaches. I'm hoping they gave me 2 cheese ones cause I couldn't tell the difference between cheese and cheese and jalapeno. I did enjoy that they had a cheese sauce on the outside.

Was also told that the chocolate filling is the one to go for. I didn't get it though. Maybe next time

Used to stop by the Arlington location at least 3 mornings per week on the way to school (when I was young enough to eat that many doughnuts). The key is stopping before 9:30 when they're still fresh. If they've sat out longer than that then they're just as basic as everyone else. But they're damn good if they're fresh.

To me the test of a donut shop is their plain cake donuts. Yesterday, my wife brought home a box of cake donuts from Shipley's. In my opinion, they were as good or better than what you get at most Daylight Donut locations but not quite as good as those from my favorite shop, I [Heart/Love] Donuts in French Market Mall. I get the impression that Polar Donuts is the best place in town but I've never been there.

On the other hand, the taste of the lemon cream filled product from Shipley's was about as good as a filled "donut" can possibly get. I know for sure that we'll be going back for a few of those.

Just drove by the Shipley's location in MWC and it looked like they were taking the signage down. Any info on this?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Just drove by the Shipley's location in MWC and it looked like they were taking the signage down. Any info on this?
    It's still listed as open on the Shipley's website.

They are close went there this morning in drive thru they had a sign on inside window saying they are closing and list the other locations to visit.

Well, that's disappointing. Not even a trace they were there except for the note on the door saying they're sorry for disappointing customers and that they can visit the NW Expy location.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Their 2nd location will be at NW 164th & Penn.
    So what became of this location?

^

It looks like it died.

There is one franchisee for this market and they seem to be focused on the new NW Expressway location for now.

They closed that MWC site not long after the new place opened.

^^ Thank you sir.

As a long time former MWC/Choctaw resident and being involved in real estate, I thought this was an absolutely horrible location for them.

They were too far from Tinker and out of the major current traffic flows for the Tinker commuters. That part of Air Depot might have been viable for a new business 25 years ago but no longer. Not saying a business can't survive there, but not something like a start up donut operation like a Shipley's operation

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    As a long time former MWC/Choctaw resident and being involved in real estate, I thought this was an absolutely horrible location for them.

They were too far from Tinker and out of the major current traffic flows for the Tinker commuters. That part of Air Depot might have been viable for a new business 25 years ago but no longer. Not saying a business can't survive there, but not something like a start up donut operation like a Shipley's operation

this is spot on

Do they still have their location on 164th and Penn?

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Do they still have their location on 164th and Penn?
    Never opened and plans seem to be scrapped.

Thread Information