Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Homeland at 104th and Penn

Default Re: Homeland at 104th and Penn

I look forward to it as well, and hope it truly does bring more international food. Specifically there are some British and Canadian foods I can only get via mail order, and I swear I'm going to throw a jar of lime marmalade at the next person who says "have you checked out Mediterranean Imports and Deli?". Yes, yes I have. They do not have Coffee Crisp, they do have blank stares when I ask about it though. Their selection of Swedish items is even worse than their selection of British. I know education is bad here but could someone please start teaching that there's more to the world than Oklahoma and "the Mediterranean...whatever that is, but they have weird food there so check it out, maybe they have yours".

Sorry, bit of a nerve there. It's sad that whenever anyone in OKC asks about anything imported, the only answer is one small section of the world. We need a Cost Plus World Market so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    I look forward to it as well, and hope it truly does bring more international food. Specifically there are some British and Canadian foods I can only get via mail order, and I swear I'm going to throw a jar of lime marmalade at the next person who says "have you checked out Mediterranean Imports and Deli?". Yes, yes I have. They do not have Coffee Crisp, they do have blank stares when I ask about it though. Their selection of Swedish items is even worse than their selection of British. I know education is bad here but could someone please start teaching that there's more to the world than Oklahoma and "the Mediterranean...whatever that is, but they have weird food there so check it out, maybe they have yours".

Sorry, bit of a nerve there. It's sad that whenever anyone in OKC asks about anything imported, the only answer is one small section of the world. We need a Cost Plus World Market so badly.
    I haven't been there, and no idea if you have or know about it, but there's a European store at NW 36th/May. I think they might be mainly Eastern European, but may be worth a look if you haven't been there.

I came >< this close to mentioning the European store. While a smaller selection than MI&D, I feel the quality of selection is better. Still lacking, but better. Some really good items there.

4. Default Re: Homeland at 104th and Penn

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post

Super Cao Nguyen has an international isle as well, including British items if you haven't been. It is where I get Matouk's Calypso Sauce.

I really need to get back into Super Cao Nguyen, it's been awhile since I've been there, as Saigon Taipei was closer. Thanks!

Dupe post, internet burped.

There's an article on newsok.com about the old Homeland click here for story They want to make it more atractive to European Americans. I hope they have Eastern European foods and also some Australian.

Now hiring sign is up.

This is good. There needs to be more diversity of grocery options on the South side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Drake View Post
    This is good. There needs to be more diversity of grocery options on the South side.
    Any side of town really. At least south side, has one nicest crest.

noticed last weekend that the sign for world fresh international market is finally up... i'm not sure what has been going on behind the scenes but I remember being told that they were targeting to be open this past november... obviously they've blown way past that date.

There's a banner hanging outside the Saigon-Taipei market that says they will be moving to World Fresh February 2019. I was there earlier this week, and there seemed to be a lot of half empty shelves. I think at this point they have stopped restocking the old location. That's probably a good indicator that they do expect the new store to open soon.

Thread Information