Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Half (9000 Broadway)

Default Re: The Half (9000 Broadway)

I commented on this thread several years ago, echoing another poster who shared my concern that this development might not thrive due to layout and location. The pictures above, along with the upcoming additions (Andretti's) really show how wrong I was. I still don't love the vibe of "pre-packaged fun separated by expansive parking lots" but I have to admit that this particular development is doing it as best as it can be done. Or, seems to be. Anecdotally, our little family has come to love Flix and it is now our first choice for any new movie coming out. I hope Andrettis knocks it out of the park. If there's room, maybe we can get a Popstroke added some years down the road.

Chicken n Pickle is absolutely killing it. Huge crowds.

The new restaurants on the lake will add a great deal and then they will start to expand all the way to Wilshire.

Quote Originally Posted by aDark View Post
    I commented on this thread several years ago, echoing another poster who shared my concern that this development might not thrive due to layout and location. The pictures above, along with the upcoming additions (Andretti's) really show how wrong I was. I still don't love the vibe of "pre-packaged fun separated by expansive parking lots" but I have to admit that this particular development is doing it as best as it can be done. Or, seems to be. Anecdotally, our little family has come to love Flix and it is now our first choice for any new movie coming out. I hope Andrettis knocks it out of the park. If there's room, maybe we can get a Popstroke added some years down the road.
    The location is fantastic.

Agree with you about the bizarre, non-pedestrian layout, but this is still a very successful development. Look forward to seeing the additional activity and vibrancy of the area once the apartments are occupied.

We share your love for Flix.

Sounds nice to be able to walk right outside your apartment to go fishing

6. Default Re: The Half (9000 Broadway)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

The new restaurants on the lake will add a great deal and then they will start to expand all the way to Wilshire.
    Any idea when the apartments are scheduled to begin leasing, Pete?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Any idea when the apartments are scheduled to begin leasing, Pete?
    No, they don't seem to have a website yet.

I would guess somewhere around the first of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

How long before they consider another metro or Tulsa location?

Trucks were out pulling core samples on the site of the future Andretti location. Hope that means they will start soon.

Would have been fun if they had kept the Oklahoma-shaped pool

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    Trucks were out pulling core samples on the site of the future Andretti location. Hope that means they will start soon.
    They have filed building permit applications.

Proposed OnCue at the NE corner of Wilshire and Broadway:

I was wondering when that was going to happen.

Also, I noticed the Plan Group office building has some concrete going vertical.

Andretti should be starting soon, as they've filed all their permits.

I would love to see some news on more restaurant choices. Chicken and Pickle isn't my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    I would love to see some news on more restaurant choices. Chicken and Pickle isn't my cup of tea.
    Those are coming. Will be located near the pond per Pete up in the thread. No idea what they will be but this development doesn’t seem like the kind that would bring in a place like Chilis (nothing wrong with them. I’m no food snob but they are very common haha). I only say that because the entertainment tenants they’ve brought in have been new to market.

Quote Originally Posted by CPin405 View Post
    Those are coming. Will be located near the pond per Pete up in the thread. No idea what they will be but this development doesn’t seem like the kind that would bring in a place like Chilis (nothing wrong with them. I’m no food snob but they are very common haha). I only say that because the entertainment tenants they’ve brought in have been new to market.
    There are "spots" reserved for restaurants in the mixed-use buildings but no names are mentioned. The area is a food desert. Nothing other than Chicken and Pickle is within walking distance (I'm not ready to take my life in my hands to cross Broadway Extension for McDonalds, Subway, or Off The Hook). Everything else means a car trip. I got spoiled working near Automobile Alley with all the food choices.

This is a conceptual plan for the newly-acquired land south of Andretti and what will effectively be a doubling in size of The Half development.

I wouldn't read a whole lot into this as a similar plan for The Half ended up being quite different than what was built.

Having said that, looks like OnCue on the corner, sit-down restaurant pads along Broadway, car wash and fast food along Wilshire, office park in the middle, apartments on the east end, and a hotel (perhaps two) just south of Dolese.

If they are doubling the size shouldn't they rename it to The Whole?

21. Default Re: The Half (9000 Broadway)

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Ha... ha... ok that was pretty good.

This would be sweet! Especially to have hotels in the area! What a nice change!

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I don’t think so. I think it is called the half because half of it will be surface parking…

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I don’t think so. I think it is called the half because half of it will be surface parking…
    Absolutely flawless joke. 10/10

24. Default Re: The Half (9000 Broadway)

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    This forum is on fire. Keep 'em coming

Half the freshmen at my high school could have come up with a better site plan?

Thread Information