Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Half (9000 Broadway)

Default Re: The Half (9000 Broadway)

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    How is the sound system at that theater? I’ve been thinking about hitting it up.
    We went last week The sound and picture quality was as good as anywhere in the city. Chairs are comfy, Food was decent and they do have OK Cider Co on tap. Food prices are a little on the high side for what you get but typical for a theater.. (I asked for an extra little ramaken of cheese that comes with the $9 plus pretzel and they charged me almost $5 extra for it)) The wings, pretzel and popcorn were really good. The popcorn is served in a wide mouth metal bowl like you would eat it at home, The wings were crisp and hot. The pretzel was soft and fluffy with a great hatch green chili queso to dip in. The pizza was disappointing as appears to be premade frozen crust (not sure if it really is but texture and flavor suggested that).

It is a great addition to the city and that area. Would go again

2. Default Re: The Half (9000 Broadway)

It's become my favorite theater. Nice chairs and they have some impressive beer for a theater. Got to do a tour of the brewery and met the brewmaster, cool dude.

Site preparation began today on the Quintera Marketing site directly west of Dolese. Stripped off the grass and gravel and began leveling it.

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    Site preparation began today on the Quintera Marketing site directly west of Dolese. Stripped off the grass and gravel and began leveling it.
    Are you sure it's not the Plangroup building?

That site is the one west of Dolese and Quintera would be north of that.

I'll get out there with my drone soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Are you sure it's not the Plangroup building?

That site is the one west of Dolese and Quintera would be north of that.

I'll get out there with my drone soon.
    You're right, I misremembered which was which. Old-timers disease

In the first image, the 50 acres recently acquired by OnCue is outlined. I assume they will put a new location on the corner and develop the rest as an extension of The Half project.

In the 2nd image, you can see ground has broken for the 2-story Plangroup building; a 3-story office building will be constructed immediately north.

I do like the mix of office and residential. Means a fairly steady stream of people here all day and evening. Just wish there were more restaurants (I know, they are coming) and retail

OnCue acquiring that much land makes me wonder what they will develop. Gas station will only take a small portion, how they will develop the rest? Maybe a regional office?

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    OnCue acquiring that much land makes me wonder what they will develop. Gas station will only take a small portion, how they will develop the rest? Maybe a regional office?
    makes me think they are going to move their okc office and move the corp office from stillwater

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    makes me think they are going to move their okc office and move the corp office from stillwater
    Fifty acres, that a huge chunk of land IMO signals a large distribution center and possible OnQue Headquarters.

Wouldn't be a bad idea if you want to move the OnQue HQ to a larger market like OKC or TUL if you want to strengthen the brand and expand into other states besides Oklahoma & Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Fifty acres, that a huge chunk of land IMO signals a large distribution center and possible OnQue Headquarters.

Wouldn't be a bad idea if you want to move the OnQue HQ to a larger market like OKC or TUL if you want to strengthen the brand and expand into other states besides Oklahoma & Texas.
    Quick Trip HQ is in Tulsa, I could see OnQue to OKC.

OnCue has a building at 20 North MacArthur. The owner of the building is Westcore Properties. I would guess that is their OKC office and distribution center? Not sure what is in that building exactly. It's about 80,000 sf.

In this recent news story, shows rendering of a 7 story hotel next to the apartments. Looks pretty nice:

Some great flyover renderings of surface parking lots.

Blog Entries

Perhaps the area just south of the Half with facing on Wilshire and B'way would be a preferred location for IKEA.

Coming from someone who used to live off of Kelly (NE 68th to be precise), seeing this develop so close to the northern end brings me great joy. I know my cousins will have some more great entertainment coming to their area.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Perhaps the area just south of the Half with facing on Wilshire and B'way would be a preferred location for IKEA.
    Wouldn’t hate that!

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Didn't OnCue buy that?

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Didn't OnCue buy that?
    Yep. I was trying to remember who bought that

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Quick Trip HQ is in Tulsa, I could see OnQue to OKC.
    I do wonder if OnCue is also exploring a Buc-eee’s style format for this tract. Would be beautiful to see 100+ pumps paired with fresh bbq and candied nuts on Broadway Ext.

My understanding is that OnCue will built a typical store on the corner and the remaining 45 acres will be an expansion of The Half project.

I know the video showing Andretti along with the rest of the Half might have been forward-thinking, but do we know when the hotel might be announced? Or any of the restaurants along the pond?

No rush, just curious.

We should know more about the hotel soon. I believe it's a done deal.

Not sure of the details but that video showed a rooftop bar and they will certainly have common areas facing the lake.

They are also close with 2-3 new-to-market restaurants that would have patios on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    We should know more about the hotel soon. I believe it's a done deal.

Not sure of the details but that video showed a rooftop bar and they will certainly have common areas facing the lake.

They are also close with 2-3 new-to-market restaurants that would have patios on the lake.
    You da man, Pete! Thank you for all you do!

These are captures from the video that was on Channel 5.

it shows a 7-story hotel with a rooftop bar.

Rather than free-standing restaurants to the west along the lake, there are several buildings each with multiple tenants. I know they are close to inking a few restaurants in that area.

There is also a long, wide walk from Andretti all the way to the water. I suspect it will be continued as they expand the development all the way to Wilshire.

Thread Information