Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Half (9000 Broadway)

1. Default Re: The Half (9000 Broadway)

Flix announced today that their first wave of theaters will open 6/24 and tickets for F9 will go on sale in OKC, Round Rock and San Antonio later this week.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Half (9000 Broadway)

OKC's Dolese moves to The Half as development emerges from pandemic
    https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...ic/7519029002/

Dolese's building look phenomenal!

Those are great pics! Love the final outcome. Wondering, did Dolese downsize from their location? This space appears smaller?

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Those are great pics! Love the final outcome. Wondering, did Dolese downsize from their location? This space appears smaller?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Wondering, did Dolese downsize from their location? This space appears smaller?
    ???

Near downtown, they had two buildings totaling less than 28,000 square feet.

This new building is 78,000 SF plus they have set aside land to the north for a 2nd phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ???

Near downtown, they had two buildings totaling less than 28,000 square feet.

This new building is 78,000 SF plus they have set aside land to the north for a 2nd phase.
    Oh wow! I had no idea! I have never been into their old location so I had no clue. Very cool.

The medical facility is in the home stretch:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The medical facility is in the home stretch:

I don't think any of the 3 concrete trucks I see are Dolese?

When the half was installing their new sign they initially had the tenants turned around and on it was Roxys ice cream and Zillow? Is Zillow building office space here??

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    When the half was installing their new sign they initially had the tenants turned around and on it was Roxys ice cream and Zillow? Is Zillow building office space here??
    Those sign names were a mistake which is why they were taken down the same day.

I wonder where they were meant for then cause surely the roxys sign is local

Interview with Hans Butzer, the architect for the new Dolese HQ:

https://www.facebook.com/dolesebrosc...51524500321218

They are putting the finishing touches on the medical building. I would expect the BroadVue apartments to start soon in the area with the mounds of infill.

I'm not an architect or a real estate developer, but looking at this kind of makes me scratch my head. Why didn't the curve of this building follow the curve in the road? Wouldn't that have looked better? And that building on the upper left in the lower picture - I guess it's Dolese - why is it situated diagonally on its lot? These choices open up odd sight lines and weird angles of dead space. I'm also amazed there isn't a ton more landscaping.

This development is starting to look really haphazard to me. Just a layman's opinion.

Good points

Blog Entries

The medical building reminds me of the Gulfport Energy Building, OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    I'm not an architect or a real estate developer, but looking at this kind of makes me scratch my head. Why didn't the curve of this building follow the curve in the road? Wouldn't that have looked better? And that building on the upper left in the lower picture - I guess it's Dolese - why is it situated diagonally on its lot? These choices open up odd sight lines and weird angles of dead space. I'm also amazed there isn't a ton more landscaping.

This development is starting to look really haphazard to me. Just a layman's opinion.
    I know some buildings have to be situated a certain way so they are no located directly on certain easements.

Just my two cents but I think it's probably a lot more noticeable from a bird's eye view. If you're walking you might notice one a little bit but not the others.

You all are probably right. But this development is reminding me more and more of that corporate park west of May and north of Memorial. When I drive through there, I always think “these buildings might look fine in isolation from one another, but taken together are kind of a jumbled mess.”

It’s a pretty new development the apartments should help tie it together better. There’s a weird patch of a grass between the pickle ball place and the Dolese HQ. It’d be nice to have a building or a park there. Man that Dolese HQ is a beauty.

^

The patch of grass is for Dolese Phase II, should they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    The medical building reminds me of the Gulfport Energy Building, OKC.

It's probably one of the ugliest buildings in OKC, IMO.

Thread Information