Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Half (9000 Broadway)

Default Re: 9000 Broadway

How is it halfway between OKC and Edmond, when it's in OKC? Do they mean downtown to downtown?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    How is it halfway between OKC and Edmond, when it's in OKC? Do they mean downtown to downtown?
    I imagine the explanation is something like "In the early days of the metro area, the city of Britton was the considered halfway stop on the Interurban between Edmond and OKC, and it has maintained that distinction in local parlance".

Man, I've always wanted to use "parlance" in a sentence!

Wait, so The Half wasn't a joke like the other suggestions?

Odd logo, but I guess I see what they are doing with it.

Press release:

American Fidelity Property Company and Hogan Property Company Unveil New Brand for Oklahoma City’s Newest Mixed-Use Development

The Half will offer 52 acres of restaurants and corporate offices

OKLAHOMA CITY (August 29, 2019) — American Fidelity Property Company and Hogan Property Company today announced plans for The Half, a centrally-located mixed-use development in Oklahoma City. The Half’s first tenants include Flix Brewhouse, a unique dine-in cinema and brewery, featuring award-winning craft beer brewed on premises, and Chicken N Pickle, an outdoor/indoor entertainment venue, restaurant and bar with full-sized pickle ball courts. American Fidelity is the first business at The Half and will be joined by Dolese, which will relocate its corporate headquarters to the development.

“American Fidelity is thrilled to be a part of this unique, mixed-use development in Oklahoma City,” said Bill Cameron, CEO, American Fidelity. “The centrally located development, which is almost exactly halfway between Edmond and Oklahoma City, will be a one-of-a-kind destination designed for work and play. The Half will connect the city by bringing people together to share experiences and make memories. The goal is for local residents and out-of-town guests to converge at The Half.”

The Half will feature unique restaurants, indoor and outdoor activities, additional corporate office space, and potential hotels and apartments, as well as water features, three ponds and green spaces. With over one mile of walkways and bridges, The Half will emphasize walkability and pedestrian access across its 52 acres.

“Our vision is to create a special place in Oklahoma City where the community, along with American Fidelity and Dolese employees, can experience a diverse mix of one-of-a-kind restaurants and amenities,” said Randy Hogan, Hogan Property Company. “Having Flix and Chicken N Pickle as anchor tenants, in addition to Dolese’s new headquarters, puts The Half in a great position to attract more high-quality tenants and unique brands. I am excited for the future of The Half.”

“Dolese is excited about the next chapter in our new building at The Half,” said Kermit Frank, Dolese’s Director of Communication and Community Relations. “Our employees will love the energy and amenities, and ability to have it all within walking distance of our new corporate headquarters is a terrific added feature.”

According to Matt Silvers, Chief Development Officer of Flix Entertainment LLC, “Since presented with the opportunity to be an entertainment anchor at The Half, Flix Brewhouse has worked with American Fidelity and Hogan Property Company to make certain it became a reality. We immediately bought into the uniqueness of the opportunity as a one-of-a-kind entertainment concept in the region and we loved the geographic proximity to central and downtown OKC, as well as to Edmond. We are eagerly anticipating the introduction of our brand of dine-in cinema to the OKC area.”

“Our mission is to provide an atmosphere that fosters fun, friendship, and community and we are excited to be one of the first businesses at The Half. We believe that bringing people together over a delicious, wood-fired rotisserie chicken, a cold beverage and some friendly competition can create unifying bonds that ripple throughout the community and beyond," said Kellen Mumm, VP of Business Development at Chicken N Pickle.

Oklahoma City-based Nominee created the name and branding.

“As we went through the branding process, the geographical location of the development, both nationally and locally, kept standing out to us,” said Matt Stansberry, Founder and CEO, Nominee. “When we realized the property was halfway between Edmond and Oklahoma City, we loved the idea of people meeting at The Half. We feel the name and the brand fit the idea of the development, which is fun, vibrant and community focused. The Half’s identity embraces the interconnectivity of Oklahoma City and we are excited for guests to experience that feeling here.”

About The Half

The Half is a centrally located, 52-acre mixed-use development connecting the Oklahoma City metro. Located halfway between Edmond and Oklahoma City, The Half will feature unique restaurants, indoor and outdoor activities, additional corporate office space, potential hotels and apartments in addition to water features, ponds and green spaces. The Half is developed by American Fidelity Property Company and Hogan Property Company. https://thehalfokc.com/

Blog Entries

I also thought it was a joke, but okay I guess

*not centrally located

*not centrally located
    Between the 2 downtown's, yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Wait, so The Half wasn't a joke like the other suggestions?

Odd logo, but I guess I see what they are doing with it.
    Like it

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    I wasn't sure about this so I broke out the Measure Distance tool on Google Maps. Turns out, yeah, as the crow flies it's almost exactly 6.5 miles from each Downtown.

10. Default Re: 9000 Broadway

I wasn't sure about this so I broke out the Measure Distance tool on Google Maps. Turns out, yeah, as the crow flies it's almost exactly 6.5 miles from each Downtown.
    I was just doing the math based on the block numbers. 2nd St in Edmond is 178th in OKC, so 180th would put it a couple of blocks north into the heart of downtown Edmond. So, a development at 9000 N Broadway would qualify as halfway.

Blog Entries

Or you could use https://www.meetways.com/

Right, which is what I said earlier...but that's not what they are saying.

Right, which is what I said earlier...but that's not what they are saying.
    It is most likely what they meant.

It is most likely what they meant.
    Oh.

I would have called it The Oasis. A grocery store would be nice. It would be nice if I didnt have to backtrack to fight traffic going to Walmart on Memorial or fight traffic going to Edmond Crest.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Or you could use https://www.meetways.com/
    I prefer measure distance on Google Maps for this sort of thing because you have much more control over the route you are measuring than just giving a website a couple addresses and letting it make all the rest of the decisions.

Default Re: The Half (9000 Broadway)

Dolese:

Is it me or are they moving a bit slow?

20. Default Re: The Half (9000 Broadway)

curious if Dolese is using their own concrete?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Is that the foundation lining for that pickleball place, just to the north, finally getting started or another Dolese building?

It’s for Chicken N Pickle.

Pete, there is a road that goes south from in from to Dolese to Wilshire. Do you know if the city (or anyone) is planning on improving it? The last few times I've been that way, it has been closed. For those working at Dolese, that road is key as it allows traffic to enter/exit the Broadway Extension at Wilshire instead of overloading the northbound service road just to head back south.

Thread Information