Widgets Magazine

Thread: Leaving Cox Internet & Phone - Who Else Do You Like?

Default Leaving Cox Internet & Phone - Who Else Do You Like?

We're leaving Cox internet & phone this week after 26 years as a customer. I need some smart recommendations from the group please.

An area service outage occurred four days ago - sometime Wednesday night/Thursday morning - and Cox has repeatedly told me that it's "in your area," but not how wide-reaching nor the reasons why. Our neighbors have also told us of problems. Every restoration promise has been broken (one hour, three hours, 9:56 p.m., in the morning, etc.), and they've not called back with any updates as promised. We just want about 10mps down & 2 mps up, and a phone line so we don't have to give cellphone numbers to businesses. Without internet we've lost Sonos, Ring, wireless printing, thermostats control and various other smart devices. Without phone our alarm system isn't monitored for intrusion or fire.

Who do you guys like? Thanks.

Default Re: Leaving Cox Internet & Phone - Who Else Do You Like?

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    We're leaving Cox internet & phone this week after 26 years as a customer. I need some smart recommendations from the group please.

An area service outage occurred four days ago - sometime Wednesday night/Thursday morning - and Cox has repeatedly told me that it's "in your area," but not how wide-reaching nor the reasons why. Our neighbors have also told us of problems. Every restoration promise has been broken (one hour, three hours, 9:56 p.m., in the morning, etc.), and they've not called back with any updates as promised. We just want about 10mps down & 2 mps up, and a phone line so we don't have to give cellphone numbers to businesses. Without internet we've lost Sonos, Ring, wireless printing, thermostats control and various other smart devices. Without phone our alarm system isn't monitored for intrusion or fire.

Who do you guys like? Thanks.
    I have att for internet and I have no complaints. I do have the gigapower super fast internet for 70 a month.
    For your phone situation I would get the alarm system set up on a 4G card so that you don’t have to worry about phone line. Then for your number to give out to businesses I would just set up a google voice number that can be forwarded to your current cell number or not if you don’t want it to be. The google voice number is free.

3. Default Re: Leaving Cox Internet & Phone - Who Else Do You Like?

In Oklahoma. for reasonable speeds, you have either Cox or ATT. I don't even have ATT in my area so I only have Cox.

Cox is testing prepaid home internet service here are the details.

http://www.cordcuttersnews.com/cox-t...ernet-service/

Thanks all. A Cox tech just left the house and fixed our problem in 20 minutes. A signal splitter was bad, and the previous tech should've replaced it three weeks ago. He knew of no "area outage" around us. So - waiting for Cox to repair the "area outage" merely wasted our time and never would've solved the problem. AT&T may not be any better, but I know they can't be worse.

Great suggestion, DTM!

Thread Information