Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Hopdoddy

Default Re: Hopdoddy

I went there on my birthday and had a Mushroom & Swiss.

It was a decent burger, but I have to agree with many that there was nothing special about the place. I think three burgers, fries and beer cost upward to sixty dollars.

There was a chance I would have gone back because a good Mushroom & Swiss is a rarity for some reason, but I would probably try to find a different place first.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad72 View Post
    Not sure I've ever ordered a burger at a sit down restaurant that didn't ask me how I'd like it cooked. Some won't go rarer than medium though in my experience. I prefer slightly pink.
    I think that goes for companies that don't have their own meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I think that goes for companies that don't have their own meat.
    i'm assuming that your comment relates to restaurants serving rarer than medium...

i think it's a pretty common food safety practice... contaminants are usually found on the surface of meat. when cooking whole-muscle cuts, most of those contaminants are killed in the cooking process. this allows you to cook to a lower internal temperature. the process of grinding meat mixes those contaminants throughout the product and so you therefore have to cook to a higher internal temperature for it to be generally considered safe to eat.

4. Default Re: Hopdoddy

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i'm assuming that your comment relates to restaurants serving rarer than medium...

i think it's a pretty common food safety practice... contaminants are usually found on the surface of meat. when cooking whole-muscle cuts, most of those contaminants are killed in the cooking process. this allows you to cook to a lower internal temperature. the process of grinding meat mixes those contaminants throughout the product and so you therefore have to cook to a higher internal temperature for it to be generally considered safe to eat.

Which is also why you see steakhouses, and other restaurants that grind their own meat, cook towards medium rare

5. Default Re: Hopdoddy

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    My experience at multiple locations of the Garage (Automobile Alley, 122nd) is they always overcook the burger.
    They do tend to get burgers well to real well done. My wife and I like them that way so we’re good. We used to be regulars at the 122nd and Rockwell store. Then we went trough a period of REALLY bad service and stopped going. That was a couple years ago so it might be about time to go back.

First Fidelity Bank (affiliated with American Fidelity) is taking the old Hopdoddy space on NW 63rd.

Washington Prime (the landlord which also owns NH Plaza and Classen Curve) realized the parking situation would not allow for another restaurant, so they went with a quality tenant with relatively low parking requirements.

I believe they are also taking over the space occupied by Great Clips, which was always a low-parking filler between Hopdoddy and Slapfish.

So, that building will just have the bank and Empire Slice House.

The parking arrangement was always pretty awful for getting into that Hopdoddy .

Great Clips has closed in this little strip center and work has started to combine it with the old Hopdoddy space.

First Fidelity Bank will be moving in leaving just it and Empire Slice House.

Thread Information