Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: US-75/I-44 Interchange

Default Re: US-75/I-44 Interchange

I still can't believe we are going to be looking at half constructed flyovers for several years before this thing is finished. I'm glad they started at least, but I have been waiting years for this and it's going to be at least 2026 before I can get from I44 to US75 smoothly. By that time I will almost certainly be living somewhere else anyway...

Timeline for completion

Blog Entries

Between the end of work package one and the start of packages 2 and 5 will be the 81st street interchange rebuild and widening. I hope a new infrastructure deal can bring in those dates some.

Hopefully with a new infrastructure package it could be sped up. Does anyone know if the entire project is “shovel ready?”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Hopefully with a new infrastructure package it could be sped up. Does anyone know if the entire project is “shovel ready?”
    It should be, the design work is done.

ODOT has submitted this project for a RAISE grant so hopefully it’ll get the money.

https://oklahoma.gov/odot/progress-a...se-grants.html

Even if it were not, with such a long timeline any other projects ahead of it that benefit from an infrastructure package would likely speed up how quickly the normal budget dollars could be allocated to this.

It looks like ODOT will get a chance to receive a loan to help expedite this project through a new program called INFRA extra that is giving certain 2019 applications a chance to receive up to 49 percent assistance.

“ Oklahoma Department of Transportation, Tulsa County I-44 and US-75 Corridor Improvement Projects”

https://www.transportation.gov/brief...t-designations

Not sure what part of the project this would fund but it would be nice to have the ultimate build out started before 2023.

It looks like this project will be expedited and be fully underway by fall of 2023: https://www.krmg.com/news/local/work..._VF0i0RGnA879Q

That's great! This is what we hoped would happen when they started the project like they did. They basically put things into motion not really knowing how long it would take to complete but hoping that having things started would bring in more funding - and it worked! Now we need to do the same thing for the I44/BA and the BA/169 interchanges.

They've started work on 169 and I-44. I am trying to figure out what ramps will be flyover and which will be clovers. EB I-44 to NB 169 and WB I-44 to SB 169 should both at least be ramps

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by josefromtulsa View Post
    They've started work on 169 and I-44. I am trying to figure out what ramps will be flyover and which will be clovers. EB I-44 to NB 169 and WB I-44 to SB 169 should both at least be ramps
    This project adds just one flyover. EB I-44 to NB US-169

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    This project adds just one flyover. EB I-44 to NB US-169
    Well dang. They still need to either braid the 21st St onramp and NB 169 to EB I-44. That's a nightmare for such a busy onramp.

Quote Originally Posted by josefromtulsa View Post
    Well dang. They still need to either braid the 21st St onramp and NB 169 to EB I-44. That's a nightmare for such a busy onramp.
    All of the ramps should be flyovers.

All of the ramps should be flyovers.
    Yeah that’d be great but it’d be best if they got US-169 and OK-51 since that junction is even more high traffic. Same with I44 and OK-51. I think they both have some work planned on thenm

More dollars to ensure it gets done. Also talks about how it will help with flood control.

https://www.fox23.com/news/oklahoma-...G52QZUMZMVDAU/

Quote Originally Posted by formerly405Tulsan View Post
    More dollars to ensure it gets done. Also talks about how it will help with flood control.

https://www.fox23.com/news/oklahoma-...G52QZUMZMVDAU/
    Lots of federal dollars coming to Tulsa and Oklahoma as a whole!

I wonder if this will lead to any other projects on ODOT timeline to move up?

Quote Originally Posted by jdross1982 View Post
    I wonder if this will lead to any other projects on ODOT timeline to move up?
    85 million dollars is not that much compared to what is on ODOT's average 8 year plan

Drove through this twice this weekend. Wondered why it was in the same state as it was a month ago when we went to Claremore. Found an article where someone called it "Traffic Henge" and that made me laugh.

https://www.fox23.com/news/construct...da8c359ed.html

Thread Information