Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Birra Birra

Far North Birra Birra

Proprietors of Hatch, Sidecar and Broadway 10 to open 2-level pizza restaurant

Provision Concepts will soon open their third restaurant in the Chisholm Creek development with Birra Birra, a wood-fired brick oven pizza concept that will also have a heavy bar emphasis.

To be located on the east side of the lake at The Point at Chisholm Creek, Birra Birra ('birra' is the Italian word for beer) will join Uncle Julios and several more restaurants and retailers which will ring the water's edge.

In addition to Broadway 10, Hatch and Sidecar in downtown's Automobile Alley, Provision Concepts also operates Sidecar at Tract 30 in Chisholm Creek and recently started construction another Hatch location in the same development. And just last month, the group took over operations of West on N. Western near Nichols Hills.

Provision will also open an ice cream and gelato parlor adjacent to Birra Birra. Another restaurant – yet to be named – will be at the north end of the new building.

Besides great pizza and other Italian favorite, Birra Birra will featured one of the very few ice bar / frosted rail systems in the state. Craft beer will be served at 32 degrees complete with frost rail to complement a great wine by the glass program along with craft cocktails.

The two-level design by Fitzsimmons Architects features water-facing patios both upstairs and downstairs.

“Brian (Fitzsimmons) has continued to win award after award on several of our properties. He’s a talent we consider ourselves lucky to get to work with. Same for Stan Lingo – stand-up guy and builder,” Provision Co-Founder Aaron Soward said.

Fitzsimmons has designed all the new-construction Provision operations.

The other Co-Founder, Jeff Dixon, has a long-standing passion for brick-oven pizza and brings extensive experience from previous restaurant management.

Birra Birra will offer great views of the sophisticated water features at The Point, as will the ice cream and gelato shop.

Construction has already commenced.

Default Re: Birra Birra

Is Midici still happening next to Tract 30?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Is Midici still happening next to Tract 30?
    No, they pulled out.

Love this concept and the building is beautiful.

Chisholm Creek is really becoming a cool spot... And much more to come.

Blog Entries

Had the pleasure of meeting Aaron and Jeff a few years ago when they started Broadway 10. Not bad for 2 guys that worked under the HSRG umbrella for a while and then went out on their own. They are both down to earth guys, easily approachable, and are in touch with the public. Probably why they have been a success!!! This place is going to be nice!!!

Some new renderings:

10. Default Re: Birra Birra

It’s stunning. But man...the hard surfaces. It’s going to be a cacophony when it’s busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    It’s stunning. But man...the hard surfaces. It’s going to be a cacophony when it’s busy.
    That's what happens when you don't have interior designers on staff, only architects...

Although it is only the renderings - perhaps they are using other materials.

Agreed with above. I'd also add that it is almost too pleasant looking. Might need a library card to gain access.

13. Default Re: Birra Birra

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    That's what happens when you don't have interior designers on staff, only architects...

Although it is only the renderings - perhaps they are using other materials.
    I was under the impression that that's the intention in modern restaurant design - use hard surfaces to amplify noise, in order to 'encourage' patrons to not linger too long.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zefferoni View Post
    I was under the impression that that's the intention in modern restaurant design - use hard surfaces to amplify noise, in order to 'encourage' patrons to not linger too long.
    So, you are saying making people uncomfortable is part of good restaurant design?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    So, you are saying making people uncomfortable is part of good restaurant design?
    Not sure if it's a part of "good" restaurant design, but yeah, it's most likely part of it, I'd bet they say something like "creates enhanced energy to maximize full revenue potential" or something like that... Lots of places do it that way to make it more "fun" and "energetic", but since my hearing (after 40 years of concerts) isn't great in places with lots of background noise, I'm probably not part of their target clientele...

Blog Entries

Usually what results is people just don't return to places that are not pleasant or are in fact uncomfortable. So, I doubt this is an intentional design strategy on the part of the restaurant. It usually is a designer trying to be cool but not really understanding what it takes to satisfy customers.

17. Default Re: Birra Birra

Never said it was good. I just don't think every new restaurant is loud because of design oversight.

Blog Entries

I think architects are not acoustical engineers and they underestimate the effect their materials choices, angles, ceiling heights, etc. have on the loudness. It is often this way with lighting in restaurants.

Usually what results is people just don't return to places that are not pleasant or are in fact uncomfortable. So, I doubt this is an intentional design strategy on the part of the restaurant. It usually is a designer trying to be cool but not really understanding what it takes to satisfy customers.
    I don't know, Louie's is always packed

I believe the old phrase, "don't knock it until you've tried it", should be considered here. Besides the aforementioned Louie's, many restaurants are designed in this "cacophony", hard architecture manner. Hatch, Republic, and Halls to name a few, are designed like this and still boast hour long waits at there respective popular times. I highly doubt PC was that worried about this design being too modern, and loud, and turning away potential return customers. Plus, north of Chisholm Creek does not have many great pizza places, with the exception of Upper Crust, like south of this area does with Upper Crust, Pizzeria Ghusto, Empire Slice, Halls, etc...

Blog Entries

Good article.

Is it open?

Thread Information