Widgets Magazine

Thread: Birra Birra

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: Birra Birra

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    That's what happens when you don't have interior designers on staff, only architects...

Although it is only the renderings - perhaps they are using other materials.
    I was under the impression that that's the intention in modern restaurant design - use hard surfaces to amplify noise, in order to 'encourage' patrons to not linger too long.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Birra Birra

Quote Originally Posted by zefferoni View Post
    I was under the impression that that's the intention in modern restaurant design - use hard surfaces to amplify noise, in order to 'encourage' patrons to not linger too long.
    So, you are saying making people uncomfortable is part of good restaurant design?

Default Re: Birra Birra

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    So, you are saying making people uncomfortable is part of good restaurant design?
    Not sure if it's a part of "good" restaurant design, but yeah, it's most likely part of it, I'd bet they say something like "creates enhanced energy to maximize full revenue potential" or something like that... Lots of places do it that way to make it more "fun" and "energetic", but since my hearing (after 40 years of concerts) isn't great in places with lots of background noise, I'm probably not part of their target clientele...

4. Default Re: Birra Birra

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Never said it was good. I just don't think every new restaurant is loud because of design oversight.

Thread Information