Default Re: Birra Birra

Quote Originally Posted by Rom View Post
    Is it open?
    No.

They are probably a month out or so.

How about now?

I believe they'll be open to the public on April 7th.

Their food looks amazing on their instagram page. Can't wait to try this place out.

Confirmed that Monday April 8th will be their first day open to the public.

I went to a soft opening today for lunch and had an overall great experience. I should have taken a picture of the menu, but it's large and has everything from pizza, sandwiches, Italian entrees (chicken parm, lasagana, etc.) to salads. I don't think there is any food item on the menu over $20. The space itself is very nice with a giant bar on the first floor that they said features the largest ice bar in the country (a strip of ice that runs the entirety of the bar to keep your drink cold). We tried a couple pizzas, burger, chicken parm (which is huge and cut into pizza slices - could easily feed 2-3), salad, bruschetta and fried risotto.

This concept seems really “basic,” just like everything else at CC.

I’d rather hang out in Midtown or on my porch.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post

In the same boat. I live in CH/EH and don't frequent Chisolm Creek. However, it's a cool concept that will do well with their demographic.

Blog Entries

I’m not sure what you mean by basic - maybe like a chain? But I don’t see CC this way. Pretty long list of places that just keeps growing and this will add a (hopefully good) pizza place. Looking east and south from the Uncle Julios patio is pretty impressive.

This is the type of development thriving EVERYWHERE else in the country, especially DFW. I am glad OKC has an area like this, and when it is fully built out, it will be a phenomenal add to OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    This is the type of development thriving EVERYWHERE else in the country, especially DFW. I am glad OKC has an area like this, and when it is fully built out, it will be a phenomenal add to OKC.
    The number of developments like this in DFW are absolutely wild and honestly a bit overwhelming while driving through that metroplex.

Reminder that they are open as of today (Monday).

Blog Entries

Ate there last night and enjoyed it. Very nice decor and atmosphere. Bar is massive. Pizza was good. Apps were good. I’d go back for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Ate there last night and enjoyed it. Very nice decor and atmosphere. Bar is massive. Pizza was good. Apps were good. I’d go back for sure.
    Longest ice strip bar in the country.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Longest ice strip bar in the country.
    My wife had her new favorite drink = Bellissimo. We’ll go back just for that.

Birra Birra is awesome, I have already been twice since it opened haha
    Meat Me Outside is my favorite pizza and the calamari is phenomenal

The food was pretty good, but I prefer pizzeria gusto. Their beer prices are ridiculous, $7 for a Sam Adams?! I'm from Chicago originally and find most places overcharge for beer in OKC by a dollar or 2 per pint (if you are lucky enough to get a full 16oz pour).

I also enjoyed the food.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5ZHvXygjUpQB6BSj9

I got the bruschetta flight appetizer, the lox of love pizza, and the ice cream (not pictured) which I was informed they make in house.

Quote Originally Posted by boilerup35 View Post
    The food was pretty good, but I prefer pizzeria gusto. Their beer prices are ridiculous, $7 for a Sam Adams?! I'm from Chicago originally and find most places overcharge for beer in OKC by a dollar or 2 per pint (if you are lucky enough to get a full 16oz pour).
    I was surprised that they didn't have a single italian beer on tap. Food was good. Hot with fresh ingredients , Little too much sauce on the pizzas to the point that the toppings all slid off the slice. Service was very good with a few rough edges to work out, Sounds weird but they know what they are doing as far as service like team approach to service and getting food out quick with runners but my beer sat on the bar for 5 minutes before I got it and the to go box they brought us had been used already, Was out of the first beer I ordered. Rang up the new beer but didn't take off the one they were out of. I think as they get used to the pace,,,these things will work out and service will get smoother.

I went last weekend and sat at the bar. Had a very good Caesar salad and then followed that with the chicken piccata. I was impressed with the piccata, but I thought that the angel hair pasta it came with was bland and lacking flavor. I would go back and likely try a pizza instead. Finished with the largest piece of tiramisu I've ever seen which was delicious with every bite! Very much liked the clean and casual vibe of the place and will definitely return.

Agree. CC, is just too clean/sterile. I prefer my dining spots to be super cramped, 70-80 year old half dilapidated buildings with "character." I want asbestos, and mold hanging from the ceiling, and a homeless guy with 3 days old dried diarrhea running down his leg, to solicit me for money as soon as I ride up on my non descript 1980's model 10 speed bicycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    Agree. CC, is just too clean/sterile. I prefer my dining spots to be super cramped, 70-80 year old half dilapidated buildings with "character." I want asbestos, and mold hanging from the ceiling, and a homeless guy with 3 days old dried diarrhea running down his leg, to solicit me for money as soon as I ride up on my non descript 1980's model 10 speed bicycle.
    "Just like everything else at CC". lol!

Thanks to the tip from OKCTalk thread I tried the half price menu at Birra Birra , curbside pickup. Did the zucchini fries, a "pistachio" pizza and a Chicago style deep dish. It was all interesting, though ultimately not my taste. I was happy to support a local group and while I don't see myself eating their food ever again, I am glad they have stayed in business during the shut down.

Y'all are lucky. I keep hearing about all these incredible deals from Birra Birra, the Mule, Broadway 10, etc. We don't have any deals from local places where I'm at. Take advantage of it.

We had our company christmas party last friday night at Birra Birra. Great private room upstairs with a dedicated bar and a balcony, The room is long and skinny so putting tables in a row is really the only option. (We prefer u shape to keep everyone engaged as a group). They have some options for preset or large groups. We were a group of 24 and we just ordered off the menu. We provided the order a few days before. They were very easy to work with.

Service was great. Having the dedicated bar right in the room was great. Had another server as well as the manager was helping when food came out. The salad was fresh with a great light dressing. We ordered risotto balls which were perfectly fried and creamy inside. The charcuterie boards were fantastic with thicker sliced prosciutto, a salty salami, toast points and several cheeses including a blue cheese puck (for lack of a better term) that was amazing. Everyone in our group enjoyed their entrees. I had the lasagna which was a huge slice and made with sausage. It was a mild sausage that didn't take over the robust tomato sauce and harmonized well together. My wife had the chicken parmesan which was so big they serve on a pizza pan. It was the only pic I took and put the fork there to show the size.

The cocktail menu had a few drinks that were big hits with the ladies in the group. The Pink Lotus was a big hit. The cucumber mocktail was really light and refreshing once we added vodka to it.

We do secret santa afterwards. At no point did we feel rushed or like they wanted us to leave. We were actually the last group out the door. I recommend for private groups or just to have dinner as the food, service, and drinks were great and was a nice evening.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	birra.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	18494

Thread Information