Widgets Magazine

Thread: Bedlam series: OU vs OSU All Sports

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Bedlam series: OU vs OSU All Sports

A scene of uproar & confusion. ...pandemonium, commotion, mayhem, disorder, chaos, anarchy, lawlessness.
    VS.

2017 Football:

62 - 52

OSU & OU played an intense football game today, filled with excitement; we're proud of our state's top universities competing on the national stage.

Fire off...

Default Re: Bedlam series: OU vs OSU All Sports

What. A. Game!

What a lack of defense. Tired of watching

Who needs defense when you can hang half a hundred on teams? lol

way too long of a game. what 4 1/2 hours long?

Being a one sided offense only league has hurt us in the past when it comes to rankings, and has exposed us time after time in bowl games. Putting up a ton of points against other teams without a defense doesn’t mean anything, and worthless points are the reason why balanced teams with “fewer” points frequently outrank us. Blowouts don’t show that you have a good offense if there is no defense to actually judge against, and teams who put up 20 points week after week against teams with meaningful defenses might just have better offensive lines than teams who drive up the numbers in games where only the offense of each side plays at a time.

More than the conference alignments, more than the lack of a championship game, I think it’s the one-sided game that focuses only on offense that has hurt the Big XII more than anything in the rankings these past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    Being a one sided offense only league has hurt us in the past when it comes to rankings, and has exposed us time after time in bowl games..
    Not sure who "us" is but OU has actually done pretty well out of conference defensively. Auburn last year in the bowl game and at ohio state this year were two games that come to mind.

^^^^^bingo

I think the pokes were the 2nd ranked offense in the country right behind us. By the way, 7 offensive drives in the second half and the pokes only scored twice. 2/7 ain't bad.

Watched the game at my new favorite restaurant "off the hook". Sat at the bar and talked to a fellow SOONER fan; we both discussed how we seem to respond very well when faced with adversity and that we seem to be play better in the 2nd half of games!

Still though, I think I've grown about 50 new gray hairs after watching that game #stressful

The one thing that struck me about the game, was the ending, literally after the game was over. I was expecting a state of euphoria after all of the back and forth. But it was such a subdued atmosphere, Reverent was a word that came to mind. I was happy to see it to be honest. Nice to see our state represented well.

And to all those that were bitching about the targeting call at the end of the game, I'd just like to make two points to support it:

1. Intent doesn't matter (unlike politics). Unfortunate as it may be in many cases, what the player meant to do doesn't matter, only what actually occurred. I doubt the player meant to injure anyone, but it is what it is essentially.
    2. Sequence of events matters in basically every other penalty called as well. I saw some complaining on FB that the targeting had no bearing on the outcome of the play. True. But neither does the holding on the opposite side of the field by some inconsequential player on a kickoff returned to the house, and then called back. Again rules are rules.

I was disappointing in the lack of defense in the first half, when many national viewers were likely watching out game, as opposed to some of the other Pac 12 contests that started later.

And as much as I complain about OSU's defense, they put the team in a position to win. About all I can ask for in the modern day incarnation of Big 12 defense.

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: Bedlam series: OU vs OSU All Sports

November 30, 2019
    Kickoff: 7 p.m. Saturday at Boone Pickens Stadium in Stillwater.
    TV: Fox (Cox 12). Radio: KRXO-FM 107.7 and KXXY-FM 96.1.

Seating capacity: 55,509

Record attendance 60,218

Blog Entries

OU Re: Bedlam series: OU vs OSU All Sports

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: Bedlam series: OU vs OSU All Sports

ESPN's College Game Day (Bedlam) to be staged in Norman

Saturday, November 17, 2020

6:30 p.m. on ABC.

Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium
    (AKA 'Snake Pit.')
    Record attendance - 88,308

I have a part time job delivering pizzas so I never watch my Sooners play in the evenings but since my job is shut down for 2 weeks since my co-worker tested positive for covid this morning, I will be watching

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    I have a part time job delivering pizzas so I never watch my Sooners play in the evenings but since my job is shut down for 2 weeks since my co-worker tested positive for covid this morning, I will be watching
    Covid for the win

Blog Entries

Correction: Saturday's Bedlam game is November 21st of this year (2020).

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Covid for the win
    Haha!

17. Default Re: Bedlam series: OU vs OSU All Sports

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Covid for the win
    At this post it almost seems like if they play it's an everybody wins scenario. So many games are getting canceled/postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    At this post it almost seems like if they play it's an everybody wins scenario. So many games are getting canceled/postponed.
    It should have been cancelled in the first place, with so many games getting cancelled and postponed, it is a bad idea to play, it could wait until next year

19. Default Re: Bedlam series: OU vs OSU All Sports

It should have been cancelled in the first place, with so many games getting cancelled and postponed, it is a bad idea to play, it could wait until next year
    As much as I LOVE my OU football I agree that sports could have been completely done without for this year. How many cases came directly from HS and college football and other sports. And now basketball is getting ready to start.

20. Default Re: Bedlam series: OU vs OSU All Sports

If you are a player trying to be a star, sitting out a year could damage your standing. How rare is it that a player actually sits out a year in the pro's and successfully returns? It happens but not often.

players that have close to 0 risk from covid should NOT play ?????

what ??

OSU should call for an immediate press conference where they "hereby claim victory over OU" and announce a big 12 championship. OSU is currently number 1 in the big 12 and ranked higher than OU. We all know games played after November 8th have the greatest chance to be manipulated by cheating and fraud. I'm all for counting every LEGAL game in the standings, but clearly we cannot trust the outcomes of any further games when it comes to determining a big 12 champion (Unless OSU beats OU then it would be a totally fair game that should definitely count towards the overall standings.)

Iowa state currently leads the Big 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Iowa state currently leads the Big 12.
    OSU owns the tie breaker with Iowa State and has a one less overall loss. But most importantly, I was just making a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    OSU owns the tie breaker with Iowa State and has a one less overall loss. But most importantly, I was just making a joke.
    and yet ISU still currently leads the big 12

Thread Information