Widgets Magazine

Thread: Don't Stress Meowt Cat Cafe

Default Don't Stress Meowt Cat Cafe

Oklahoma's first cat cafe is coming to 1900 Linwood, just west of Dead People's Stuff.

They plan to open in May. See their FB page for more info including a Kickstarter campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/dontstressmeowt

2. Default Re: Don't Stress Meowt Cat Cafe

Saw one of these in Chattanooga earlier this year.... We didn't get a chance to check it out due to the Covid numbers at the time but it looked like a cool concept for cat people.

Default Re: Don't Stress Meowt Cat Cafe

The idea started in Japan and now most cities have them.

For some reason, Oklahoma is very late to the game.

The young couple behind this is incredibly nice and really took their time planning this out. I bet it's a huge success.

That is very nice since most places have dogs parks with restaurants so I am going

Our social media posts about this place are getting huge engagement numbers.

6. Default Re: Don't Stress Meowt Cat Cafe

We adopted a new kitty in January. If this place had been open we definitely would have tried it out.

OKC's first cat cafe is set for its grand opening this Saturday, May 13th.

Don't Stress Meowt is located at 1900 Linwood in the same complex as Dead People's Stuff, Cross Timbers Brewery, and Edge Craft BBQ.

The cats are in a glassed-in area that is separate from the cafe and retail, although you can take your drink in to see the kitties. A reservation is highly recommended for the cat room as they only allow 8 people at a time every hour, and they are already booking very fast. The fee is $15 and you can book at https://dontstressmeowt-catcafe.com.

They have partnered with Safe Haven Animal Rescue and have about 25 of the nicest, friendliest cats you'll ever meet... They all need loving homes except for two resident cats who are there to make all the newcomers feel welcome.

The young couple owners, Michaela & Adam, have put a ton of TLC into their space making sure the cats have plenty of room to roam and tons of climbing apparatus and perches, as well as a separate private room for them to go when feeling overwhelmed.

Hours are 12-8 every day; closed Mondays.

(Editorial comment: after taking these photos and spending time with the kitty cats it was hard to leave. They are all so sweet and spending time with them is guaranteed to brighten your and their day.)

Looks to be a great addition to OKC! I already have two cats and a dog, so my 1-bedroom apartment is adequately full, but very excited to visit and support this place. May have to copy some of their wall mounts to give my cats some more vertical space.

9. Default Re: Don't Stress Meowt Cat Cafe

Booked a visit for my GF and I; we're super excited to go next week!

10. Default Re: Don't Stress Meowt Cat Cafe

Perfect place. Get some coffee, do work then when hungry walk over to the best BBQ at EdgeCraft.

This place is going to be wildly popular.

The response on social media posts has been huge and they've already booked tons of slots for the cat room.

I was surprised at how incredibly friendly the cats are which means they'll get adopted very quickly.

The young couple that owns this are incredibly nice and did a great job with the space. They are going to help save hundreds of cats.

You gotta be kitten me! Lol �� So cool!

My initial reaction was a huge eye roll, thinking it was like a place to take your cat for some Fancy-Feast while sipping an overly priced latte. Seeing that it is a place to socialize with adoptable cats is awesome, and I think it will do well. This helps the cats socialize with different humans too which can make the adoption process much smoother. I think this is a great idea.

Alright, let's do one with dogs. Get me about 3 beers in and I will adopt every single one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Alright, let's do one with dogs. Get me about 3 beers in and I will adopt every single one of them.
    Bar K has a lot of adoption events and I'll never go because I'd come home with 10 dogs.

I have to say I got attached to a few of the cats when I was there yesterday. But I also know that all those kitties will get adopted because they were all very friendly and the cafe has already booked tons of reservations.

I thought about adopting one of the cats from yesterday before they opened to the public and somebody else scooped her up, and I did visit the adoption website and stared down the adoption form. But at this stage of my life I want to leave enough room in my home for an animal that really needs me; i.e. has no one else and might not ever. This is how I came to have both my current dogs and it's not possible to love them more, plus I feel like I've done a good thing in this world.

In fact, there is a semi-feral colony of cats along my daily walking route and today I saw two kittens that are still young enough to socialize and I know if I don't nab them soon they'll never be able to be domesticated. I'm still mulling over trying to grab them because life is hard and short in such situations and they have almost nothing those cats have at Don't Stress Meowt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    In fact, there is a semi-feral colony of cats along my daily walking route and today I saw two kittens that are still young enough to socialize and I know if I don't nab them soon they'll never be able to be domesticated. I'm still mulling over trying to grab them because life is hard and short in such situations and they have almost nothing those cats have at Don't Stress Meowt.
    Do it! I can highly recommend adopting littermates. We have two wonderful cats who are now well over 12 years old. They were very tiny kittens (littermates) who had been dumped in our yard. Although at the time the last thing I wanted was another cat (much less two), I now know it was absolutely meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    Do it! I can highly recommend adopting littermates. We have two wonderful cats who are now well over 12 years old. They were very tiny kittens (littermates) who had been dumped in our yard. Although at the time the last thing I wanted was another cat (much less two), I now know it was absolutely meant to be.
    I'm not sure I can catch them!

Hmmm, that might be an issue then.

18. Default Re: Don't Stress Meowt Cat Cafe

Went in on Sunday. They have a really solid Barista working there. The owners stood behind the counter and basically ignored us and started telling the barista something. It was kind of an odd interaction. For the most part this place is pretty cool. Saw a lot of people enjoying their time with the cats. Our coffee was delicious too.

I talked to them yesterday and they said several cats have already been adopted.

Really a great thing they are doing.

20. Default Re: Don't Stress Meowt Cat Cafe

My GF and I went on Friday and it was a very lovely experience! So many adorable and just mega sweet cats! The hour flew by! We only played with cats, did not try cafe portion. I would recommend anyone that needs a relaxing time to bond with an animal, check out Don't Stress Meowt. It was hard not to try and adopt one.

They have already adopted out 8 cats.

Really a great story all the way around.

Thread Information