Widgets Magazine

Thread: Thunder Games on TV.

Default Thunder Games on TV.

Hi all,

Trying to figure out what Cox package I need in order to see Thunder games. Do local stations broadcast all of the games if they are not on a national broadcast? Or do I specifically have to purchase a sports package in order to get FSOK. I don't want a sports package because all I want are the Thunder games.

Cox is trying to sell me a $240 package that's got 300+ channels and I don't really want or can afford that.

Thanks

Default Re: Thunder Games on TV.

If the local stations (4, 5, 9, or 25) carry it I will get the barebones package.

The vast majority are on FSOK with a few TNT,ESPN/ABC games. I'm not up to date with which packages have what but those are what the games are on.

FSOK carries all the games I believe, even when they are broadcast on TNT/ESPN/ABC. I'm not sure on the playoffs.

So no local news stations show it. Well I really don't want such a huge package just to see Thunder games as we don't watch much TV anyway, mostly stream. That kinda sucks.

PS Vue sports package will get you over, $40 a month if you have a PS4

Here's a better question, are you getting this cable package only for sports?

Just make sure you have good pop-up blockers and malware protection: https://www.reddit.com/r/nbastreams/

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    PS Vue sports package will get you over, $40 a month if you have a PS4
    PSVue works on pretty much any platform now (Apple TV, fire stick, chromecast, etc). You don’t need to have a PS4.

On Cox it requires basic plus the sports package which is an extra $10/mo. Will run you about $50/ month total. Not a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Paseofreak View Post
    On Cox it requires basic plus the sports package which is an extra $10/mo. Will run you about $50/ month total. Not a great deal.
    Thanks. That's not terrible as we will watch some of the other channels occasionally. And I'd spend more than $50 a month on drinks if I were to go to a restaurant or bar to watch the games regularly.

Cox salesman was adamant about needing the top tier package in order to watch the games but I knew there must be another way.

The local FSOK will cover the first round of playoffs but not any rounds after that, at least that's how it's been in the past.

I think SlingTV also has FSOK.

I have Sling at the $35 package gets all the games on FSOK. It's probably the cheapest, legal way if you live in Oklahoma to see the games. If you live out of state I would recommend ballstreams because it would come out a little cheaper, but not much.

ballstreams is gone.

If you have family members or friends who already pay for such subscriptions and they don't mind you using their cable subscription services account then you can stream the games using the Fox Sports app. I have a Samsung phone and TV and mirror games to the TV. It's about 2 mins behind real time and sometimes choppy but at least I get to watch the games. PS... not recommended if you do not have unlimited data.

Thread Information