Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Chelino's

Default Re: Chelino's

i must have my wires crossed... i remember seeing interior work on a new restaurant with a feature wall decorated with roses. i thought that was in the former bricktown chelinos space. anybody remember what that was called and where it was going to be located?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i must have my wires crossed... i remember seeing interior work on a new restaurant with a feature wall decorated with roses. i thought that was in the former bricktown chelinos space. anybody remember what that was called and where it was going to be located?
    Chico Blanco which is further east on the canal.

Completely different space.

The Chelino's in Bricktown was consistently one of the worst Chelino's I would visit. Location tended to be the reason I would go to it when I did. I always chalked it up to scale. With the size of that location and the amount of patrons they would have to serve at certain times, I found it difficult to believe they could control quality as much as they would like. And, for perspective, Armando's Chelino's in Norman and May and Hefner are my absolute go to for Tex/Mex here in the city so I love Chelino's. I really wish that Bricktown location had been better. Hopefully it gets a good replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Chico Blanco which is further east on the canal.

Completely different space.
    gotcha... thanks! at least it's actually in bricktown, so i wasn't *completely* crazy.

Did that San Marcos ever open? I literally haven't been along the Bricktown canal since the pandemic.

Edit: Guess I should have looked through past threads.

A lot of memories at that Chelinos from back in the day. I was always disappointed that they didn't make better use of their large balcony facing Sheridan or their smaller space facing the canal.

7. Default Re: Chelino's

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    A lot of memories at that Chelinos from back in the day. I was always disappointed that they didn't make better use of their large balcony facing Sheridan or their smaller space facing the canal.
    Me too. That Chelinos was my wife and my first date eating out. She ate a few bites of something and I gorged on whatever I got. But she still married me. That store was never as good as S Walker & Grand though.

Blog Entries

This building is for sale for $3 million.

The current owner bought it just a year and a half ago for $1.2 million. and has done absolutely nothing. The awnings and everything else are in really bad, tattered shape, homeless people are camping out and there is trash everywhere.

Wonder why the Oklahoman hasn't done a follow-up story after they printed this guy's boasts about renovation and bringing in new tenants? (see post immediately above)

that was a good return for that guy

Hasn't sold it yet.

This building sold earlier in the year for $2 million.

The ownership LLC tracks back to an Edmond home builder.

At least it's back in local hands.

Wow, I always get a kick of getting last word (at least for a while) on this forum. . I have to say, it is a shame that it has fallen out of favor. . of course the problem is that as of 2023, Facebook is falling out of favor, and the OKC pages tend to be pretty fault intolerant about posting sometimes. However:

With regards to Chelino's I have been eating at their branches since Cocina De'Mino lost out many many years ago. Chelino's has gone way down hill, and are now pretty much where Cocino de Mino was when they had to start closing locations due to lack of business. (MWC comes to mind). As of Aug of 2023, Their food is mediocre at best, their service tends towards bad, with waitstaff totally inattentive to customers.. I would add that I have never been a fan of Ted's at all. .

With Regards to Bricktown in general. I am certainly aware that the area is in decline, and at lease last year (2022) there had been a few shootings. I seriously hope they have got the situation under control. The place needs some serious capitol improvement, as I have not been down to Bricktown for quite some time. (couple of years)

One has to drive to Dallas to visit El Fenix which is about the only standout Mexican I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by whorton View Post
    With Regards to Bricktown in general. I am certainly aware that the area is in decline, and at lease last year (2022) there had been a few shootings. I seriously hope they have got the situation under control. The place needs some serious capitol improvement, as I have not been down to Bricktown for quite some time. (couple of years)
    this is not remotely true as you would know if you had been there any time recently

Mind blowing comment about Bricktown. + 1 with BoulderSooner

It is also mind blowing that somebody does not go in its own downtown for few years, and even more mind blowing it feels to comment about it without knowing obviously.

incredible

Thread Information