Widgets Magazine

Thread: Tom & Chee

Far North Tom & Chee

Grilled cheese and tomato soup place called Tom & Chee taking over the old Starbuck's space at 2116 W. Memorial.

20+ locations around the U.S.; this is the first in Oklahoma.

http://www.tomandchee.com/

Default Re: Tom & Chee

I remember these guys from Shark Tank. They are making a boatload.

What Starbucks closed at 2116 W. Memorial? Is that at Penn & Memorial or further west ???

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    What Starbucks closed at 2116 W. Memorial? Is that at Penn & Memorial or further west ???
    Yes, it's at Penn & Memorial. Right next to golf galaxy.

Cool. I was thinking about them this weekend while getting soup and sandwich at another place.

Default Tom & Chee

Several years ago Tom & Chee did a presentation on Shark Tank and they saw a great response from it. If I remember correctly they started with just one location in Ohio and now have roughly 23 locations. It would be great for a franchisee to take a stab at this unique concept in the OKC market. I had an opportunity to try them in Orlando, FL and then a few months later in the DFW area.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonTaz View Post
    Several years ago Tom & Chee did a presentation on Shark Tank and they saw a great response from it. If I remember correctly they started with just one location in Ohio and now have roughly 23 locations. It would be great for a franchisee to take a stab at this unique concept in the OKC market. I had an opportunity to try them in Orlando, FL and then a few months later in the DFW area.

Funny you should say that:
    They are now at 2116 W Memorial but won't open until January

http://www.cbre.us/people-and-office...-into-oklahoma

Oh yes, this place is fabulous! We tried the one in Richardson, TX several times last winter and we loved it. Very exciting.

Signage went up the other day.

My wife was watching "Man vs. Food" on Hulu last night and one of his challenges was at Tom & Chee. The episode was enough to make us look forward to this place opening.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonTaz View Post

You are correct. They started in my hometown of Cincinnati, Ohio slinging sandwiches and soup on Fountain Square. They've grown so fast, I find it hard to believe they can sustain indefinitely. Nevertheless, they make really good soup and grilled cheese so I recommend going, as they are now open.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yW90L3Nx8p1y1c0u2

Stopped by tonight.

Ordered the crunchy garlic chicken and the basil tomato soup. It's more of a sandwich place in general than a grilled cheese place with the topping variety from sandwich to sandwich. I enjoyed the sandwich I had, and the only thing I can think of was that the chips put in the sandwich might have been stale. Soup was good by itself and even better with the sandwich. I also ordered the grilled cheese donut. The cheddar wasn't as sharp as I thought it would be and the glaze made the whole thing work. The original idea I thought was a KK donut, and was delightfully surprised that wasn't the case.

Having said that, I think the only time I'll be stopping by is if I'm tired of everything else and want something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/yW90L3Nx8p1y1c0u2

Stopped by tonight.

Ordered the crunchy garlic chicken and the basil tomato soup. It's more of a sandwich place in general than a grilled cheese place with the topping variety from sandwich to sandwich. I enjoyed the sandwich I had, and the only thing I can think of was that the chips put in the sandwich might have been stale. Soup was good by itself and even better with the sandwich. I also ordered the grilled cheese donut. The cheddar wasn't as sharp as I thought it would be and the glaze made the whole thing work. The original idea I thought was a KK donut, and was delightfully surprised that wasn't the case.

Having said that, I think the only time I'll be stopping by is if I'm tired of everything else and want something different.
    I am not sure where things are sourced in OKC. It largely depends on the location, for example chips that are put in sandwiches in Cincy are a local brand. I would be inclined to tell you to give it another shot in a week or two once they work out the kinks.

Quote Originally Posted by JMoses3318 View Post
    I am not sure where things are sourced in OKC. It largely depends on the location, for example chips that are put in sandwiches in Cincy are a local brand. I would be inclined to tell you to give it another shot in a week or two once they work out the kinks.
    Oh I liked it. I'm never "in the mood" for a grilled cheese sandwich. Same with Philly cheesesteaks.

Oh I liked it. I'm never "in the mood" for a grilled cheese sandwich. Same with Philly cheesesteaks.
    After reading some Yelp reviews I was wanting your impression on pricing.

I paid $17.86 for everything after tax + tip. IIRC I tipped less than $2. So maybe 16.xx?

$7 for the sandwich
    $3 for the soup
    $4 for the dessert

I have no qualms with the pricing. The grilled cheese donut was a one off that I tried for the novelty. You'd get more bang for buck at any fast food burger place for sure. On the other hand, you can't get a grilled cheese at any of these places.

I paid $17.86 for everything after tax + tip. IIRC I tipped less than $2. So maybe 16.xx?

$7 for the sandwich
    $3 for the soup
    $4 for the dessert

I have no qualms with the pricing. The grilled cheese donut was a one off that I tried for the novelty. You'd get more bang for buck at any fast food burger place for sure. On the other hand, you can't get a grilled cheese at any of these places.
    Oooofff

Looks like I’ll just continue to go to the mule

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Oooofff

I wish I lived closer to the area =(

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Oooofff

I think it's the type of sandwich he got that made it so expensive. The basic build your own sandwich is $6 based on the online ordering. Of course, he didn't mention what he got to drink.

I got a water. That's why it was left out of my itemized list.

21. Default Re: Tom & Chee

Went there the other day for lunch when I was in the area (for whatever reason, the Sam's Club at this corner has cooler merchandise than the other locations).

I thought the sandwich I had was really tasty. The place was packed too. I would say it's a tiny bit pricey, but definitely a good value.

My wife and I at this place Sunday, shared a mac and cheese sandwich and each had a cup of tomato soup. the sandwich was really good........but that was not soup...that was a cup of pizza sauce...not soup. we dipped our sandwich's in it, it was really good that way, but could not eat it as soup. we would go back and try it again.

23. Default Re: Tom & Chee

Noticed a Tom & Chee going in the spot near SW 93rd and Western where Slim Chickens used to be.

I noticed a banner as well

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Noticed a Tom & Chee going in the spot near SW 93rd and Western where Slim Chickens used to be.
    This location has opened.

Thread Information