Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buttermilk Sliders

Default Re: Buttermilk Sliders

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb911 View Post
    they have promised land milk?!? sold.
    Yeah. My first time having it. Significantly creamier/thicker than regular chocolate milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Yeah. My first time having it. Significantly creamier/thicker than regular chocolate milk.
    it's my favorite. you can get it at homeland though not, unfortunately, uptown

I noticed Sunday around noon they were doing a very healthy business.

I'm already craving that honey chicken biscuit. And I absolutely LOVE all those hot sauces they have as it allows you to create a good amount of heat (or whatever level) which is important to me.

4. Default Re: Buttermilk Sliders

Grabbed breakfast there on Saturday. Outstanding.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgol2e5H4bq/?hl=en

So, all the biscuit talk over on the HoneyBunny thread made me go to Buttermilk for lunch. Got the honey chicken and prosciutto. I mean, you can't just get ONE, right? Although I really wanted to do the gravy, I couldn't do it, not cold enough for "not breakfast time" . Anyway, I posted thoughts in the linked IG post above, but I really liked the honey chicken. Chicken was juicy and hot, well seasoned. The biscuits are much more of a savory affair, heavier tooth and that buttermilk essence really drives home the comfort food feel of the honey chicken. The prosciutto was interesting. Biscuit was great, but real hot (fresh) while the prosciutto was cold. The tomatoes were nice, and the cheese and greens were lovely, but the hot / cold nature was a bit odd in my mouth. Still, very good, but not exactly a home run. Would be interested to see what happened if they committed to heating up the prosciutto (I know, blasphemy, but have you HAD fried prosciutto?? OMG!). Anyway, my one other observation was the literal bounty of power outlets with built in USB plugs. Well played folks, well played !

Overall, quite different from HoneyBunny, but equally delicious and promising. Maybe a "bit" more pricey, think everything was like 2 bucks more than a "similar" option at HoneyBunny, but the biscuits are somewhat bigger, so, there is that.

Also, if you go in the main door on the street entrance, watch the elevation change of the sidewalk. It isn't a proper step, but it is straight up a hill with not marking. Someone is going to bust their face on that at some point, they should probably mark that area (free advice from a guy who makes a living on ADA rules, lol)

Thanks for the feedback!

I love the setting at Buttermilk, especially the patio.

But I especially love the assortment of YellowBird hot sauces, especially the habanero version which has good heat but is also a bit sweet. Fantastic on that honey chicken biscuit. Really want to try the other YellowBird sauces, like ghost pepper and jalapeno. I like to be able to apply my own level of heat and condiments and it's nice to have these options rather than the same ol' ones like Sriracha (which I do love) and Tobasco.

I'm going to end up buying some of those YellowBird products off Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thanks for the feedback!

I love the setting at Buttermilk, especially the patio.

But I especially love the assortment of YellowBird hot sauces, especially the habanero version which has good heat but is also a bit sweet. Fantastic on that honey chicken biscuit. Really want to try the other YellowBird sauces, like ghost pepper and jalapeno. I like to be able to apply my own level of heat and condiments and it's nice to have these options rather than the same ol' ones like Sriracha (which I do love) and Tobasco.

I'm going to end up buying some of those YellowBird products off Amazon.
    FWIW, Yellowbird's site says Green Acres Market at I-240 and Penn carries their sauces. They also list Sprouts, Natural Grocers, and Whole Foods as retailers, but their map doesn't call out any OKC locations of any of these stores, so YMMV.

Ate here the other day for an early lunch. I ordered the Avo & Egg Biscuit with some Hash Brown Bites. As previously mentioned, the biscuits are "crispier" then Hunny Bunny. This is a good thing. While Hunny Bunny's biscuits are very good, they can crumble. The sandwich was exceptionally good and the biscuit held up the whole time. Reminded me of a better Carls Jr biscuit (or Hardees for the old-timers). I couldn't believe how flavorful it was. The hash brown bites are great as well. The only complaint that I have could be blamed on mother nature: the avocado slices shot out of the sandwich pretty much every bite. Dicing or smashing the avocado differently might solve this issue. That being said, what a tasty biscuit/sandwich.

It's just so good.

Went again today and had to have the Honey Chicken Biscuit and made sure to apply lots of the Yellowbird Habanero sauce and it was simply a wonderful sandwich. I really like their biscuits and how they hold up so well, have a bit of a savory flavor and that nice somewhat crunchy exterior.

I also ordered the Hashbrown Bites, which are like small and very good tatertots with a bit of herbs. For $5, those are a meal in themselves. Really, I could easily split that sandwich and side and be plenty full.

Also, on all my visits the staff and service in general has been fantastic.

10. Default Re: Buttermilk Sliders

Finally made it over the to try it today and enjoyed it a lot.

Had the Honey Butter Biscuit, since that's what it seems like everyone has tried, and enjoyed every bite of it... Only critique is I wish they were using whole breasts instead of tenders.

Biscuits are definitely built to be used as a sandwich. Dense and crispy on the outside so they stand up to moist fillings and being bitten into.

Also tried the Ghost Pepper and the Serrano hot sauces... Both were excellent and don't let the words Ghost Pepper scare you. Heat level was right around Tabasco Sauce level and doesn't blow out your palette. I was putting the sauces on the tater tots mostly but did try one shot of the Ghost Pepper on the chicken and it paired well for me.

I've been to both biscuit places now and enjoyed both of them a lot and also like that they are different than each other so it gives me a reason to go to both depending on what I'm in the mood for.

I've been to both biscuit places now and enjoyed both of them a lot and also like that they are different than each other so it gives me a reason to go to both depending on what I'm in the mood for.
    Yeah, same here.

I've been by Buttermilk three times at this point, had the Honey Butter Biscuit once and the Cheeseburger Biscuit twice. Both were quite good and I will be returning in the future.

Especially since neither place is big, it seems there is plenty of room in the market for both of them.

13. Default Re: Buttermilk Sliders

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I've been by Buttermilk three times at this point, had the Honey Butter Biscuit once and the Cheeseburger Biscuit twice.
    The Cheeseburger Biscuit sounded really good to me. That's probably what I will get next time... Actually next time I'll probably skip the tots and just get two biscuits... Get more bang for my caloric buck there.

And if they start offering Maple's brisket on a biscuit... I'm going to be all over that!

Oh man, that would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    The Cheeseburger Biscuit sounded really good to me. That's probably what I will get next time... Actually next time I'll probably skip the tots and just get two biscuits... Get more bang for my caloric buck there.

And if they start offering Maple's brisket on a biscuit... I'm going to be all over that!
    Dude... that might be too much of a good thing. Just... daaaaaaaamn.

They have to do that just because of the rhyme.

I was here this morning, and had the chicken/gravy sandwich. It was excellent! It's in my top three chicken sandwiches I've ever eaten. The hashbrown bites were good, and an order is big enough to split. The space is really nice, and it was an enjoyable place to have a meal.

I do wish there were some sort of screen on the windows. Most of the windows are on the east side of the building, and take direct sun most of the time they are open. This makes the counter facing the windows pretty unusable. Or, at least I'd be upset if those were the only seats open. I also think $4 for a cup of drip coffee is too high.

As of tomorrow, they start serving local beer, bloodys and mimosas.

I stopped by today as well for lunch. Confirmed big enough to split. After my burger, which was also good, I didn't even want to finish the bites. I did though cause I paid for it.

I also learned that the strawberry milk, and probably chocolate too, comes with a ton of sugar (~50g). While it was good, I probably won't do it again =(

20. Default Re: Buttermilk Sliders

Hadn't been here since the week they opened and it looks like the buzz has died down quite a bit... 10 people there counting us during lunch... Even odder was the 3 of us were the only male customers.

Food was still great!

Hadn't been here since the week they opened and it looks like the buzz has died down quite a bit... 10 people there counting us during lunch... Even odder was the 3 of us were the only male customers.

Food was still great!
    Agreed, my wife and I went there for lunch at noon yesterday. The entire time we were there, only two other people walked in and were ordering. I think Honey Bunny does a lot better because it is a lot more visible. I want both to succeed and hope business for Buttermilk picks up.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Agreed, my wife and I went there for lunch at noon yesterday. The entire time we were there, only two other people walked in and were ordering. I think Honey Bunny does a lot better because it is a lot more visible. I want both to succeed and hope business for Buttermilk picks up.
    Went to Honey Bunny for the first time on Saturday morning, and I have to say, I much prefer Buttermilk. Biscuit was better, felt more 'homemade' if that makes sense. Need to go back.

23. Default Re: Buttermilk Sliders

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb911 View Post
    Went to Honey Bunny for the first time on Saturday morning, and I have to say, I much prefer Buttermilk. Biscuit was better, felt more 'homemade' if that makes sense. Need to go back.
    I like them both but I do think that Buttermilk's biscuits are a better version for sandwiches.... If I just want a biscuit with jelly or gravy. I'm probably going with Honey Bunny's version.

I like them both but I do think that Buttermilk's biscuits are a better version for sandwiches.... If I just want a biscuit with jelly or gravy. I'm probably going with Honey Bunny's version.
    Totally agree with this, although Buttermilk's biscuit worked wonderfully on the Biscuit Debris, even though it wasn't a sandwich.

25. Default Re: Buttermilk Sliders

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Totally agree with this, although Buttermilk's biscuit worked wonderfully on the Biscuit Debris, even though it wasn't a sandwich.
    Saw a girl eating that today and it looked amazing.... I don't think she realized how massive it is when she ordered it though!

Thread Information