Widgets Magazine

Thread: State HWY 92 / Clear Springs Rd

Default State HWY 92 / Clear Springs Rd

By my count there's soon to be another 300 homes between HWY 152 and SW 59th St. At the North end, just South of Yukon, dirt is being moved for more houses. Has anyone heard whether a 4 lane upgrade is being planned for this road? Seems long overdue.

Default Re: State HWY 92 / Clear Springs Rd

I may be off base here but I recall hearing several years ago that Cemetery Road lost its designation as a state highway and there were no longer any plans to widen it. At this point I think it would be up to Mustang to widen their portion of Clear Springs and likewise OKC to widen their portion of Cemetery Road. I don’t remember if for OKC that was included in the most recent GO Bond although I don’t believe it was, I don’t remember checking that closely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_State_Highway_92

Former northern segment[edit]
    The northern segment of SH-92 began at an intersection with State Highway 152 in Mustang, on the west side of the Oklahoma City Metro. The route headed north, intersecting with local roads as South Cemetery Road. After leaving Mustang, it entered far western Oklahoma City. This region of the city is also rural, passing fields and homes as the route continues northward. SH-92 did not intersect with any state highways during its length, but did interchange with Interstate 40 before terminating at an intersection with State Highway 66 in Yukon. In 2010, this section of SH-92 was canceled and given to the city of Yukon. Part of the former segment is dedicated to singer Garth Brooks as Garth Brooks Road.[1]
    Junction list[edit]

Well I, for one, think we should wait until it is fully developed before even thinking about widening it. That's been our plan for every other road in or near Mustang, why change now?

Although being serious for a moment, what I take from the above is Garth Brooks Road is no longer a state highway, as that section was given to Yukon. But what about the section south of NW 10th? That definitely wasn't given to Yukon. The PDF at http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/hqdiv...maps/statemap/ still lists the section from 152 to I-40 as being designated SH 92. That says it is the map as of 2017-2018, but the map at http://www.travelok.com/maps doesn't list it as of 2015-2016, and http://www.odot.org/maps/index.htm says their map is 2017-2018 and also doesn't show it.

Left hand, right hand, yadda yadda...

I hardly ever go that way, but I don’t feel like there are even signs there stating it’s a SH but then again I’m not looking for them. A guy at work is on the ODOT board if I run into him I’ll ask for the heck of it.

is the housing developer at least widening the section bordering the development?

Good question! They did that on Mustang Rd between SW 44th & SW 29th St. Other addns usually just get a turn in or turn out area off the road itself to assist flow.
    ETA: The road widening on Mustang Rd was probably required since the road has curbing. Not so on SHWY 92. No widening anywhere along it either except soon to be at the Reno intersection it looks like.

Thread Information