Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bar Arbolada

Film Exchange Bar Arbolada

Classic bar coming soon to booming West Downtown

A chance meeting in Los Angeles has culminated in a new bar venture coming soon to the historic and beautifully restored Main Street Arcade.

Riley Marshall grew up in Oklahoma City but was living in the Los Feliz area of L.A. when he struck up a conversation with the bartender at local bar. That was Dustin Lancaster who, chance would have it, was also from OKC.

And even more coincidentally, the pair of Oklahomans came to realize they both lived on the same street: Arbolada Road in Los Feliz.

Lancaster went on to become the proprietor of Eastside Establishments, a collection of bars and restaurants in ultra-hip East Los Angeles. His very first venture, Bar Covell (a nod to his mother's house near Covell Road in Edmond), was recognized by Travel and Leisure as among “America's Best Wine Bars” and Esquire Magazine listed it as one of its “Best Bars in America.”

Marshall and Lancaster began to plan a bar for their native Oklahoma City and vowed it would be called Bar Arbolada, after the street of their respective residences.

Marshall has moved back to OKC and work starts next week at 637 W. Main on what Marshall calls a “nice, classic, timeless bar” with an impressive wine list, simple but quality cocktails, local beers and a seasonal menu featuring tapas and other small plates.

Lancaster will bring his ample expertise to bear in terms of management, wine, creative director and consultant with frequent trips back to Oklahoma.

The 1,650 square foot space is on the west end of the Arcade with high ceilings and ample windows that face the nearby 21c Hotel and the massive West Village apartment and commercial project now under construction.

Bar Arbolada is targeting an early 2018 opening.

This Friday from 2PM to 9PM, Marshall will host a pop-up store in the space for Chicago archival record label Numero Group which creates compilations of previously released music, reissues original albums, and creates album reconstructions from a variety of musical genres.. Browse through thousands of Numero LPs, CDs, 45s, t-shirts, tapes, books, and other additional miscellany not available at other local record stores. Link to Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/122334018421696/

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Bar Arbolada

Very neat.

3. Default Re: Bar Arbolada

Cool story. Neat design.

This looks like a cool space and it's in a cool building.

Ever since watching Cheers I've wanted a neighborhood bar here. The selection is so much better now than it has been. And once those downtown districts start to fill up with residents those bars will be more of neighborhood bars. Since OKC had been suburban so long and housing was always separated from businesses, the infrastructure really wasn't there to have neighborhood bars.

This is a great example of how development promotes development.

It really is going to be awesome to see Film Row connect with the CBD.

It's just a conceptual layout without many of the final details.

Will be very cool and nice when finished.

Wow. That's awesome. Kinda the reverse brain drain. We're starting to pull people who left back in.

I don't think these guys are moving back, though. "Lancaster will bring his ample expertise to bear in terms of management, wine, creative director and consultant with frequent trips back to Oklahoma."

This makes it seem as though they see the opportunity to make money here, but still, don't want to live here.

Riley Marshall has already moved back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Riley Marshall has already moved back.
    I stand corrected. That's good news.

Making good progress and Bar Arbolada (corner space nearest the camera) should open around February to bolster the ever-thriving Film Row area.

Love that floor!

Yeah, I already love this place.

Can't wait for this to open. I get my hair cut next door and have a feeling this will quickly turn into a common hangout.

17. Default Re: Bar Arbolada

Looking fantastic.

Great location. Can't wait.

19. Default Re: Bar Arbolada

I suggest following their stories on IG. This spot is really coming together nicely.

According to Instagram, they are open today.

Opened today at 3PM and I was there.

Away from computer but photos on OKCT Twitter and Instagram.

https://twitter.com/OKCTalk

https://www.instagram.com/okctalk/

LOVE it!

Stopped in late Friday night and tried a few cocktails and appetizers.

I'm always amazed when a project like this opens in an old building. I've lived in OKC area for 30+ years and when I go somewhere that has been recently revitalized I get this amazing experience in which all of a sudden I realize I'm still in "my city", but I almost feel like I'm on an out of town trip where I'm discovering a new city. It is almost puzzling to be at an intersection that you know has existed for decades, but that you've never really "been" to and all of a sudden get sense of "place". So happy this building is in use now. Can't wait to see what is next for this area.

Quite the google street view upgrade over the last decade. Here's to hoping the next 10 years are even more prosperous.

Had a positive experience at the bar. Fairly simple place that looks like it will attract a grown-up crowd. I forgot which cocktail I tried, but whatever it was... GREAT! Prices are a little on the higher side, but certainly not unreasonable. I'd like to go back soon and try more of the menu offerings.

How late were you there Pete?

Are they open for lunch and do they serve food? May have to visit this week if so.

Thread Information