Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Del Taco Closed??

Moore Del Taco Closed??

Drove by there on Saturday and saw they had closed and all the windows were being boarded up. That's a shame as we had just recently made it our go to for Mexican fast food. Their food was all made fresh to order unlike other chains.

Ironically they have a new Norman location opening soon.....

2. Default Re: Del Taco Closed??

Don't think they are closed. Just remodeling... Drive thru has been open through all of it and their FB page is still active.... They posted a pic of their Carnitas Loaded Fries on the 24th.

Default Re: Del Taco Closed??

The drive thru window was boarded up and the menus were taken down. The big sign out on 19th was still up though. Maybe there's still hope...?

4. Default Re: Del Taco Closed??

Well the rumor I heard on the remodel was that water was getting in the walls and they had found black mold.... If that's true they probably should have closed during the remodel.... So maybe it is true and they've shut down until they get the mold problem resolved.

Remodel makes more sense as they have a good spot on busy 19th. That is my go to 4th meal spot after leaving Okie Tonk so it better just be a damn remodel ��

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Well the rumor I heard on the remodel was that water was getting in the walls and they had found black mold.... If that's true they probably should have closed during the remodel.... So maybe it is true and they've shut down until they get the mold problem resolved.
    Ugh - not a very good statement on behalf of whomever built the place - it's not even, what, two years old??

7. Default Re: Del Taco Closed??

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Ugh - not a very good statement on behalf of whomever built the place - it's not even, what, two years old??
    Yeah... Probably about that long ago.

And like I said. That's just a rumor I heard but still that building hasn't been there long enough to be going through a major, months long, remodel like it has.

You could tell that water was leaking into the walls just by sitting at any booth along the wall, especially the east wall. So that's probably accurate. But there was a sign on the door when the drive-through was still open that said they were undergoing a remodel.

That seems like grounds for a potential lawsuit if a customer or employee has gotten sick and blames mold. Especially, if they knew about it for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by jompster View Post
    You could tell that water was leaking into the walls just by sitting at any booth along the wall, especially the east wall. So that's probably accurate. But there was a sign on the door when the drive-through was still open that said they were undergoing a remodel.
    I went last week to get dinner and they had JUST closed the Drive Thru off and put new paper signs up all over the building that said "Closed During Repairs". The larger banners went up the next day.

My guess is that they were up for a minor remodel. Starbucks has 5 year remodels, where interior finishes, tables/chairs, etc are changed, and I have seen this same type thing at Del Taco before. When they went to do the interior work, they might have found the areas of mold, thus causing the entire shutdown and are now having a major remodel.

I know there was also an issue with the contractor as well.

This is all speculation of course, but makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Almost 4 years. Opened in December 2013.

12. Default Re: Del Taco Closed??

New rumors state this building will now have to be completely torn down and rebuilt. Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    New rumors state this building will now have to be completely torn down and rebuilt. Interesting...
    Seriously??? Omigosh. Somebody's gonna get sued.

I feel bad for them. I was actually quite fond of Del Taco since they actually knew how to run the food ops. All the other texmex places in Moore (Taco Bell, Taco Bueno) are just backed up constantly so I quit going to them.

Moore Re: Del Taco Closed??

Quote Originally Posted by skwillz View Post
    I feel bad for them. I was actually quite fond of Del Taco since they actually knew how to run the food ops. All the other texmex places in Moore (Taco Bell, Taco Bueno) are just backed up constantly so I quit going to them.
    It is mold I heard from a reliable source. They are trying to get it fixed. Norman is open Yukon opening soon

Dot Wo Garden Chinese restaurant Central OKC will be demolished to make way for an expansive and all-encompassing AAA facility, plus a new Del Taco location. 8-25-2017

I don't think there's any work going on at Del Taco. The parking lot hasn't had any construction equipment in it for a long time. I could see this getting demolished

I wonder if they are going through lawsuits right now against the construction company, assuming the problem was indeed mold due to a leaky pipe?

What a shame -- the building was only a few years old and it was a PRIME spot for business -- all this downtime is hurting a lot of people.

19. Default Re: Del Taco Closed??

I wonder if they are going through lawsuits right now against the construction company, assuming the problem was indeed mold due to a leaky pipe?
    That is the word through the grapevine.

What a shame -- the building was only a few years old and it was a PRIME spot for business -- all this downtime is hurting a lot of people.
    It would be an easy fix if that were the case. This was due to not sealing the windows, walls, roof, etc properly during construction. Its doubtful they will try to repair at this point and I'm sure this will be total rebuild once lawsuits get settled.

If they do a total rebuild, I hope they add "airlocks" to the entrances. Sitting i the dining room anywhere close to the doors was miserable during cold weather. What works in Southern California doesn't necessarily work in Oklahoma.

We went there at Moore yesterday and we saw Del Taco Closed!!!! They never do it for how long been sit there for nothing???
    But still on active from Locations
    Number 2 at 5845 W. RENO AVE.
    OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73127
    Number 3 at 1000 E. 2ND STREET
    EDMOND, OK 73034
    Number 4 at 110 12TH AVE. NE
    NORMAN, OK 73071
    Number 5 at1551 GARTH BROOKS BLVD.
    YUKON, OK 73099

Quote Originally Posted by Dafonso7 View Post
    We went there at Moore yesterday and we saw Del Taco Closed!!!! They never do it for how long been sit there for nothing???
    OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73127
    EDMOND, OK 73034
    NORMAN, OK 73071
    YUKON, OK 73099
    Thread started September 2017, this post posted to said thread April 2018.

I always wonder when this happens, was another thread mistakenly started and a mod merged it with the existing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dafonso7 View Post
    OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73127
    EDMOND, OK 73034
    NORMAN, OK 73071
    YUKON, OK 73099
    We suspect there is some kind of legal battle l with construction/insurance due to poor construction and mold.

A fence was finally put up around the building yesterday. Finally the remodel/rebuild is happening!

Thread Information