Widgets Magazine

Thread: Hefner Speedway, Memorial, Kilpatrick

1. Default Hefner Speedway, Memorial, Kilpatrick

So now they're going to redo the Hefner Speedway, Memorial, Kilpatrick intersection. Granted it's a horrible design and rerouting some will be great when it's done. But causing some traffic to be just one lane right there will be a major mess.

Default Re: Hefner Speedway, Memorial, Kilpatrick

Can't happen soon enough!

I honestly thought we were getting an actual speedway...

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I honestly thought we were getting an actual speedway...
    Thought the same! I was like, “huh, neat!”

Any one seen actual plans of what the current work will be. I’m thinking maybe turn around a like at Penn. parkway and tollway will not me impacted based on current work. Just memorial.

6. Default Re: Hefner Speedway, Memorial, Kilpatrick

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Any one seen actual plans of what the current work will be. I’m thinking maybe turn around a like at Penn. parkway and tollway will not me impacted based on current work. Just memorial.
    Getting on and off of it at that intersection will probably be a bit of a pain but the actual road won't be.

This intersection is just another abject failure of OKDOT. This intersection should have room to add connections from the North to get on JKT going east and west but without tearing out Sonic, 2 decent size office buildings and a strip mall it will never happen.

Sounds like there will be a "protected turnaround" going east and west. I wish there were flyovers for each way but something is better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuffinator View Post
    Sounds like there will be a "protected turnaround" going east and west. I wish there were flyovers for each way but something is better than nothing.
    Is that it, just a couple of texas turnarounds?

Id say next in line of priority is EB turnpike ramp to SB 74.

If ODOT & OTA had the forethought, they would've built a full-featured interchange with flyovers in all directions in the first place... but as we all know they usually go with the bare minimum

11. Default Re: Hefner Speedway, Memorial, Kilpatrick

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    If ODOT & OTA had the forethought, they would've built a full-featured interchange with flyovers in all directions in the first place... but as we all know they usually go with the bare minimum
    And that intersection is as bare minimum as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    OTA tends to build only to need. Take for example the new onramp from SB BWX to EB Kilpatrick. Anyway, the Kilpatrick used to end right there at US74 before being extended out toward the County Line area and around south to I40 later on. So technically what you see at this interchange now is all they needed because there wasn't anything going further west. They didn't do any dedicated ramps to the north because at the time the traffic counts didn't warrant it. Anyhow, I would bet there already is a complete interchange design where they only completed the portion that is there now at the time with the intent to add on later with additional funds when the counts warranted.

This was posted on another thread. Not sure why we need an entirely new thread for a very small project, which is just going to add Texas turnarounds similar to the ones they added on Western.

With that being said, a full build out of this interchange is planned with the Access Oklahoma initiative. The OTA has long planned, direct connectors for this interchange. They had scheduled to construct them a few years back, and then suddenly took them off of their capital plan. There are currently to direct connectors that exist with two more planned at an unknown start date. If I had to bet they will start on it within the next 3-5 years.

After they build these new direct connectors, there will be two left to build. Those are currently unfunded.

First I've seen/read/heard of this. When is it due to begin? I just want to know when to begin avoiding the area.

Quote Originally Posted by billokc View Post
    First I've seen/read/heard of this. When is it due to begin? I just want to know when to begin avoiding the area.
    The new ramps or the frontage road modifications? The ramps don’t have a timeline but we should know more soon. The frontage road projects already begun or are about to.

Thread Information