Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I-35 in Edmond

Default Re: I-35 in Edmond

That is pretty wild. You can tell both drivers were raging, the SUV never even touched the brake even when the truck was clearly making contact already - that move definitely made the truck suffer the same fate.

Holy crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    That is pretty wild. You can tell both drivers were raging, the SUV never even touched the brake even when the truck was clearly making contact already - that move definitely made the truck suffer the same fate.
    Don’t dare try blaming the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Don’t dare try blaming the victim.
    I haven’t verified the person commenting but several people in the comments said the SUV was engaging in the road rage and was not innocent. There’s more to the incident than just what the video showed. Oklahoma has some of the worst left lane campers I’ve ever seen many of which will speed up to try and prevent you from passing. I’m not justifying someone’s actions who starts road raging but it can be very frustrating. It’s only a matter of time before it happens to someone who cant control their emotions.

5. Default Re: I-35 in Edmond

All this for 18' of space?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I haven’t verified the person commenting but several people in the comments said the SUV was engaging in the road rage and was not innocent. There’s more to the incident than just what the video showed. Oklahoma has some of the worst left lane campers I’ve ever seen many of which will speed up to try and prevent you from passing. I’m not justifying someone’s actions who starts road raging but it can be very frustrating. It’s only a matter of time before it happens to someone who cant control their emotions.
    So you are saying it’s okay if someone uses a vehicle as a deadly weapon if the other person made them mad? I think provoked murder is still homicide isn’t it? Just because someone is acting like a jacka$$ doesn’t mean you have the right to try to kill them. Big time false equivalencies. Ramming into someone at high speed on a busy interstate is a very violent and aggressive act that was made purposefully and could have ended with fatalities. Like shooting at someone.

I see two road rage drivers playing 'NASCAR' and the driver of the truck escalating it the next level. The only 100% victims are the other drivers on the road. They were playing this "game" before the person started recording. Sometimes defensive driving is swallowing your pride and letting the idiot get his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    So you are saying it’s okay if someone uses a vehicle as a deadly weapon if the other person made them mad? I think provoked murder is still homicide isn’t it? Just because someone is acting like a jacka$$ doesn’t mean you have the right to try to kill them. Big time false equivalencies. Ramming into someone at high speed on a busy interstate is a very violent and aggressive act that was made purposefully and could have ended with fatalities. Like shooting at someone.
    If that’s what you got out of my post I’m not even going to bother arguing with you about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I see two road rage drivers playing 'NASCAR' and the driver of the truck escalating it the next level. The only 100% victims are the other drivers on the road. They were playing this "game" before the person started recording. Sometimes defensive driving is swallowing your pride and letting the idiot get his way.
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Exactly this!

The OHP is indeed looking at criminal charges as they should. I don’t understand how you could act like that when you have a child in the backseat. Not being able to control your emotions and driving like an ass is one thing but doing it with a child in the car just shows a complete lack of judgement. The driver of the truck needs some serious help.

https://www.news9.com/story/6111c7f7...iminal-charges

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    If that’s what you got out of my post I’m not even going to bother arguing with you about it.
    If you look at the video the driver in the left lane had a vehicle in front and wasn’t squatting in the left lane. You implied that somehow if you are in that situation it is the cause of the aggressor’s rage. Even if they were squatting and at or under the uppermost speed limit they are in no way responsible for a violent act such as this. Conflating the two is wrong. Nowhere near equivalent.

I can't understand the radio silence from Prater, OHP, and lack of follow up by local television.

Truck driver probably works for OHP lol

Still nada on who the knucle dragger is.

16. Default Re: I-35 in Edmond

The truck driver who started it is getting charged.

https://www.news9.com/story/611d27dc...lent-collision

new ODOT 8 year plan

I-35:OVER WATERLOO ROAD AT THE LOGAN C/L
    JP# 2984304 FFY 2023 INTERCHANGE $ 41,191,509

I-35: FROM SH-66, EXTEND NORTH 5.28 MILES TO THE LOGAN COUNTY LINE
    JP# 3377404 FFY 2028 GRADE, DRAIN, BRIDGE & SURFACE $ 16,000,000
    JP# 3377405 FFY 2024 RIGHT OF WAY $ 545,437
    JP# 3377406 FFY 2024 UTILITIES $ 545,437
    $ 17,090,874

I-35: FRONTAGE ROAD MODIFICATIONS FROM MEMORIAL RD, EXT N. 3 MILES TO SH-66
    JP# 3242505 FFY 2024 GRADE, DRAIN, BRIDGE & SURFACE $ 10,000,000
    JP# 3242506 FFY 2022 RIGHT OF WAY $ 1,500,000
    JP# 3242507 FFY 2022 UTILITIES $ 1,500,000
    JP# 3242508 FFY 2025 GRADE, DRAIN, BRIDGE & SURFACE $ 10,000,000
    $ 23,000,000

Nightly lane closure signs are up between 2nd and Waterloo...widening project?

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    Nightly lane closure signs are up between 2nd and Waterloo...widening project?
    Not seeing anything on the DOT website that mentions what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by jdross1982 View Post
    Not seeing anything on the DOT website that mentions what they are doing.
    Most likely surface repairs. There are some killer potholes in that stretch.

Coincidentally, I drove that section of I-35 last night around 6PM and where the transition from 6 lanes to 4 happens just north of 2nd/Edmond Road, there was a big bottleneck.

Just goes to show how much growth has happened in that area and the large majority of the property is yet to be developed.

Yes, i live in Guthrie and drive to north OKC to work and traffic is getting worse in that stretch and definitely gets backed up during rush hour. I always hear talk of widening that section of I-35 and the section around 50th. Thought maybe this is it, but resurfacing would be an improvement.

The stretch of I-35 between I-40 and I-44 desperately needs widening, it's a nightmare during rush hours. The existing road is crumbling the way it is, there's patches and potholes everywhere. The bridge makeover and widening at I-44 was a welcome change, but the rest of that stretch is really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Coincidentally, I drove that section of I-35 last night around 6PM and where the transition from 6 lanes to 4 happens just north of 2nd/Edmond Road, there was a big bottleneck.

Just goes to show how much growth has happened in that area and the large majority of the property is yet to be developed.
    Yes, it has been like this for at least 15 years and getting worse with each passing year.

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    The stretch of I-35 between I-40 and I-44 desperately needs widening, it's a nightmare during rush hours. The existing road is crumbling the way it is, there's patches and potholes everywhere. The bridge makeover and widening at I-44 was a welcome change, but the rest of that stretch is really bad.
    Agreed and unless ODOT can get it expedited we’re looking at later on in the decade until the widening gets underway. A patch job is coming to resurface it soon. The I-35/I-44 south junction reconstruction should be starting construction on the next phase soon if it hasn’t already.

Thread Information