Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OU one of three football programs valued at $1 Billion +

Default Re: OU one of three football programs valued at $1 Billion +

Basically the valuation with the idea of if you were able to sell these football programs on the open market, what would they be worth.

Tulsa may have a better win % (I don't know) than tOSU, Bama, OU, Texsa, Meat Chicken and so on, but look at the quality of teams they're playing to get to that win %. Tulsa isn't beating a whole lot of P5 teams. Their fan base is basically Tulsa grads. The other teams that I mentioned have marketability and are national brands. Those top 3 or 4 teams can recruit from anywhere in the country. Those teams have tons of donor money and top notch facilities. Tulsa has good facilities for a mid-major but they just don't measure up to the top teams. There's so much more that goes into other than win %. And even then you have to look at the quality of those wins and the teams that they play on average. If Tulsa plays a team from a P5 conference, it's most often OU or OSU and they usually lose that game.

Blog Entries

Tulsa not afraid to schedule the giants in Division I.

Did we forget about 2010 when the Golden Hurricane upset Notre Dame 28-27 in South Bend:

3. Default Re: OU one of three football programs valued at $1 Billion +

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Urbanized, I am sure you're correct that they just didn't have the data for Tulsa, which would surely be ranked above a number of schools on the list.
    Thanks Dan. 100% agree, and I swear I don't have a dog in the fight. Any other explanation really does defy logic.

4. Default Re: OU one of three football programs valued at $1 Billion +

If headcount is what matters, Troy has an enrollment of about 7K and has only been a D-1 school since 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Thanks Dan. 100% agree, and I swear I don't have a dog in the fight. Any other explanation really does defy logic.
    I don't understand how this thread is still ongoing... what are we arguing again? Is the argument some people are making that Tulsa is not on the list because they are so tiny and small they don't even get to be evaluated next to the likes of Idaho, Kent State, and or Buffalo? If Tulsa was included in this dataset, there is no way they would be last. They'd rank ahead of a number of teams. They have nice facilities, a tradition with some success (far, far more than many schools), and while their attendance is poor, it's still better than some teams on the list. They surely just weren't included for lack of data. Besides, who would make a list that goes to 115 if there are only 128 schools total?!? What kind of cut off is that? That makes no sense either! Lol

Thread Information