Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Is the urban revival over?

Default Re: Is the urban revival over?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    The problem is how the state funds schools and everyone prizing low property taxes over proper school funding. We need leadership in this state to insist on education over right wing populist politics. Shoot, the leaders of the state can't even understand science.
    That's why I was rather sorry to see State Sen. Jim Halligan not run for reelection in 2016. He had a doctors degree in chemical engineering, so legislated like he knew science.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    The fact they crosses are still displayed on the towers is laughable. Any other major cities do that? Houston and Dallas do not anymore. I believe they stopped awhile ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    I find the crosses laughable at Christmas because a cross is associated with the death of Jesus, not his birth.
    I know everyone has their own views, and I respect that. The cross is a symbol of Christ and Christianity as a whole, and represents his birth, death and resurection ... year round, not just one day a year. It doesn’t bother me one bit to see private buildings lit up in that fashion, any more than it did to see a public bridge over I-40 lit up in rainbow colors.

What all this has to do with the OP question, I’m not sure.

3. Default Re: Is the urban revival over?

i honestly think the crosses wouldn't look so bad if all four sides of both skyscrapers weren't crosses.

If one (or two) sides were cross and the other sides nothing (or something else), then it would not only be a rather classy move but would be much more aesthetically pleasing and less dominating than eight crosses. lol
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    i honestly think the crosses wouldn't look so bad if all four sides of both skyscrapers weren't crosses.

If one (or two) sides were cross and the other sides nothing (or something else), then it would not only be a rather classy move but would be much more aesthetically pleasing and less dominating than eight crosses. lol
    Why would that be a classy move? And since you can only see one or two sides at a time, why more aesthetically pleasing.

deleted
    Last edited by aDark; 01-03-2018 at 08:04 AM. Reason: did not contribute to the conversation, and was pointless sense this thread is a runaway train concerned with crosses

6. Default Re: Is the urban revival over?

would be less dominating/offending.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information