Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SkyWest Airlines

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: SkyWest Airlines

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    What a weird thing to hate
    I mean, I don't lose sleep over it so hate was probably too strong a word. But I certainly think they look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I noticed in the aviation thread someone mentioned Alaska Airlines may be increasing their footprint here. I know SkyWest does some of their flights, so with this new facility is there thought that there will be a decent expansion?
    Alaska switched the OKC service from SkyWest to Horizon.

Given Alaska’s strategy to not open OKC even though they have had their maintenance done here for two decades wouldn’t give me much confidence that they’ll open any new routes just because of SkyWest. At the end of the day, the airplane “clocks out” - it’s Skywest’s job to get it into maintenance. So it doesn’t do AS any benefit to open marginal routes just to help cycle the contractor’s airplanes to maintenance.

Now, United and Delta both give Skywest a little bit of latitude in this department. Their relationship with DL and UA go back 30 years. Alaska and Skywest are only in bed because of the problems at Horizon and to keep pressure on the Horizon pilot union that they aren’t guaranteed any work and Alaska will look outside the family to keep costs down.

I actually really like the lights.

This entire area is going to be BUZZING, on a whole new level.......

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It may be just me, but I hate the lights that the city has used around the airport. Airports are supposed to be modern and these old-fashioned knock offs just look completely out of place to me.
    I agree. I don’t like them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I actually really like the lights.
    Agree, I like them a lot. Think they are very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER8693 View Post
    Agree, I like them a lot. Think they are very cool.
    Park a DC-3, a Ford Tri-Motor and a couple of Beech D-18s underneath them and you’ll really have something!

Press release:

SkyWest Airlines Celebrates New Maintenance Facility at WRWA
    Ribbon Cutting Event Thursday, Sept. 20

WHAT: SkyWest opens their new Oklahoma City maintenance hangar on Thursday, Sept. 20. Media will enjoy exclusive photo opportunities and access to cover the ribbon cutting, including remarks from:

Chip Childs – President and CEO, SkyWest, Inc.
    David Holt – Mayor, City of Oklahoma City
    Rhonda Hooper – Chairman, Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce
    Mark Kranenburg – Airports Director, Oklahoma City Department of Airports

WHEN: Thursday, September 20, 2018 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

WHERE: The New SkyWest Hangar: 6325 S. Portland Place, Oklahoma City, OK 73159

WHO: Members of the media are invited to join city, airport, and SkyWest officials for this historic event.

WHY: SkyWest is pleased to open their new 135,000-square foot maintenance hangar at WRWA. This new maintenance facility accommodates up to nine regional aircraft and supports overnight maintenance for SkyWest’s four major airline partners – Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, American Airlines and Alaska Airlines. SkyWest expects around 100 aviation professionals to work at the new facility.

About SkyWest Airlines
    With over 13,000 aviation professionals operating more than 2,100 daily flights, SkyWest Airlines connects millions of passengers each month to 241 destinations across North America. SkyWest operates in partnership with Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, American Airlines and Alaska Airlines and has a fleet of 445 aircraft. Headquartered in St. George, Utah, SkyWest’s industry-leading workforce and excellent leadership team have consistently generated solid operational and economic performance, setting the standard for excellence in the regional industry.

Thread Information