Widgets Magazine

Thread: The Campbell

Default The Campbell

New mixed use buildings approved in downtown. It appears the area is in line for a lot of infill development for the forseeable future.

http://newsok.com/article/5560462?ut...areBar-Twitter

Default Re: The Campbell

Glad to see this!

News 9 article on this:

EDMOND, Oklahoma - A new project in downtown Edmond aims for urban living with shopping and restaurants a short walk away.
    The Campbell will be two buildings at Campbell St. and Jackson St. just west of the UCO campus.

They will feature 50 residential units, eight street level retail spaces, office space and a 4th story restaurant with a view of the city.

“It’s the first live, work, play building that will be built in this area,” says developer Brandon Rader.

- http://www.news9.com/story/36193410/...ak-ground-soon

I swear I posted renderings here awhile ago but here they are again:

They plan on breaking ground in a week or two.

5. Default Re: The Campbell

That’s a great name

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    That’s a great name
    Hahaha I sure don't mind it! Maybe I'll claim ownership one day.

loool it's not tall enough to live up to that name!!

That’s okay I’ll have a few minor modifications in mind.

I saw on the latest building application approval PDF that about 6 buildings were approved to be demoed around the Jackson/Edwards/Campbell block, so this looks to still be progressing.

They have this information as the latest update which is clearly inaccurate. I have sent an email asking if this project is still go and I will await a response.

Rader Building Company bringing mixed-use development to Edmond's Downtown Urban District just west of the University of Central Oklahoma. 15,000 sq. ft. of retail and restaurant space, including a fourth floor roof top bar/restaurant. 15,000 sq. ft. of office space. 50 high end, 1/2/3/4 bedroom apartments. Expected opening summer of 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post

They have this information as the latest update which is clearly inaccurate. I have sent an email asking if this project is still go and I will await a response.
    This doesn't surprise me. I had Rader Realty as my landlord in Edmond, and I can say they were the worst in terms of addressing maintenance concerns. They took twice as long to get to the problem as they should have and they made their means for communicating concerns unnecessarily difficult, so as to discourage such complaining it seemed like. Terrible landlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    This doesn't surprise me. I had Rader Realty as my landlord in Edmond, and I can say they were the worst in terms of addressing maintenance concerns. They took twice as long to get to the problem as they should have and they made their means for communicating concerns unnecessarily difficult, so as to discourage such complaining it seemed like. Terrible landlords.
    Hmmmm. This was the response given to me:

Yes. Please direct all correspondence to the principal, Brandon Rader at info@raderbuildingcompany.com

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Hmmmm. This was the response given to me:
    I would be interested to hear if you find out anything from Brandon. I can tell you that none of the buildings permitted to be demoed have even been razed yet. They have salvaged a lot of material from the property (I personally checked this as I used to live there), but as it stands now, it's just an incredible eyesore. And has been so for months.

^^^^ I will email him. I hope it moves forward. As proposed it's beautiful so hopefully it moves but based on what you said and the delays it doesn't look good.

I didn't get a picture, but the corner lot on Jackson and Edwards has finally been razed, so there is some progress. There are still more structures to come down however. I swear this is the slowest moving development in Edmond.

This project started construction sometime before we were released for winter break, it is well underway. In particular, the base floor of the northern building has taken shape.

They received a TIF agreement of $1,000,000 in January 2022.

Steel beams are going up on the southern building. Really excited for this development as it’s a 5 minute walk for me.

19. Default Re: The Campbell

IMG_6579.jpegIMG_6582.jpeg

This is very large in person. Very large development for Edmond. Driving down Boulevard downtown is becoming quite an impressive view!

Thread Information