Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Old Joe's Crab Shack in Warr Acres

Default Re: Old Joe's Crab Shack in Warr Acres

Quote Originally Posted by taha View Post
    some equipment on the land directly east to scooter, i believe what you used to be the old pawn shop. ripping out the old concrete slab that was in. any idea what it could be? thanks in advance
    Take 5 Oil Change

thanks for the response. somewhat unfortunate lol

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo View Post
    Take 5 Oil Change
    Wow. Sad.

Wow, an oil change place will be such an eyesore at an intersection with a Charlie's car wash, a vape shop, a 7-11, a Whataburger, and a Jiffy Lube.

5. Default Re: Old Joe's Crab Shack in Warr Acres

Quote Originally Posted by ABCOKC View Post
    Wow, an oil change place will be such an eyesore at an intersection with a Charlie's car wash, a vape shop, a 7-11, a Whataburger, and a Jiffy Lube.
    The primary eyesore at that intersection is the shuttered CVS on the northwest corner. I don't see much happening on that spot unless it is bulldozed and redeveloped.

That intersection is Warr Acres. They want any business that will provide some sales tax to the city. Even though the car wash doesn't provide much sales tax (I think the sell a few items other than car washes) they voluntarily agreed to donate a small percentage of their car wash revenue to Warr Acres when they appeared before the WA City Council for their business approval.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    That intersection is Warr Acres. They want any business that will provide some sales tax to the city. Even though the car wash doesn't provide much sales tax (I think the sell a few items other than car washes) they voluntarily agreed to donate a small percentage of their car wash revenue to Warr Acres when they appeared before the WA City Council for their business approval.
    Haha mine was sarcasm. Yeah, this is a perfectly fine use for this intersection. It's actually a really interesting microcosm of changing consumer preferences, the businesses that have closed since 15 years ago on the SWC: Arby's, Mazzio's, Joe's Crab Shack, Harry Bear's, and a dry cleaner's. Replaced by: an oversized 7-11, Scooter's, a pediatric dentist, Tropical Smoothie Cafe, a fitness studio, and now a Take 5. Idk it just seems like a lateral move to me, hard to be upset about it. FYI this intersection is down two car maintenance places from ten years ago -- one where the vape shop is now and another that was razed along with the fast food joints in favor of the 7-11 -- so it really is a natural fit here.

As ManAboutTown said, the worst aspect of the current version of NW Expressway and MacArthur is and will continue to be the boarded up drugstore.

Thread Information