Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Purcell Rumors and News

Default Re: Purcell Rumors and News

Quote Originally Posted by macfoucin View Post
    http://www.purcellregister.com/news/...dc17bb135.html
    Preliminary groundbreaking for new hospital February 7
    “There will be no surgical suite.” What's a hospital without surgery? Just a clinic, which happens to have an emergency room.

The new Integris Hospital in Moore is set up the same way. More surgeries than ever are being performed in out patient facilities. Advances in procedures have dramatically reduced in patient surgery needs. This facility in Purcell will be an improvement for folks in Purcell as well as Pauls Valley. Unlike clinics there will be inpatient rooms for those deemed to need an overnight stay's not requiring surgery.

On the Lexington side OkDOT just awarded contracts to widen US-77 to 4 lanes with turning lanes a few miles north of the city part of an initiative to widen the overall corridor to 5 lanes.

I wonder if there is enough room to widen it to 4 lanes through Lexington itself.

City limits map can be found at https://www.cityofpurcell.com/275/Pu...ity-Limits-Map

Both sides of exit 98 are in Purcell city limits. Currently there are abandoned gas stations here and an RV dealership. I'm hoping someday a nice gas station will come here.

http://mapview-mcclain.com/ is also a good resource for property lookup in McClain County.

According to their FB page 'The Shed Grill' is opening Feb 1st. It's on the North side of town in the old KFC.
    The Shed has permanently closed. They cited decreased business due to Covid-19 as the reason.

The Shed has permanently closed. They cited decreased business due to Covid-19 as the reason.
    Rough time to open a new restaurant for sure.

I think ODOT and Purcell is missing the boat on adding an interchange to Grant Street. This will greatly increase traffic thru the school zone. They need to improve/extend 230th street to I-35 and add the interchange there.

10. Default Re: Purcell Rumors and News

Extending 230th Street into the existing interchange at exit 95 would be rather more complex and expensive, probably involving realigning the existing I-35 mainline and/or constructing a new bridge. Adding an interchange at Grant—which is State Highway 74, which is probably the main reason the project is proposed there—involves just adding ramps between the surface road and the Interstate, which is considerably cheaper.

Cafe Pho recently opened on Main Street, have some friends who say it's very good.

Los Dos Amigos is supposedly coming back to Purcell at the old KFC/The Shed building on the North side of town. This will be the fourth sit down Mexican restaurant in Purcell.

Purcell and ODOT are working together to add an interchange at I-35 and Hwy 74 (Grant St.). This would add southbound I-35 access on the North end of Purcell which has long been discussed. It's not on the ODOT 8 year plan so still a ways out. I wish they could figure out how to utilize the existing exit 95 which is a mile North rather than add a new interchange.

Attachment 15611
    Alternative 3 has been chosen which is a full diamond interchange and retains the existing loop ramp north of grant street. It also includes a full reconstruction of a significant portion of grant street with sidewalks.

Project is schedule to begin 2025.

https://oklahoma.gov/odot/programs-a.../20210127.html

CFCD009A-89AC-4AE2-A751-B24BC6F040DD.jpeg

^^^^ yep and here is the press release: https://oklahoma.gov/odot/citizen/ne...ange-at-s.html

They left the SB I-35 left hand exit at existing exit 95. I wish they would have removed this and reworked this interchange instead of adding a new one a mile down the road.

Kickapoo Turnpike expansion to Purcell area http://purcellregister.com/stories/t...ell-area,34520

This is great but I really fail to see how this would be a true bypass for the OKC Metro without an extension by NE Edmond to connect to I-35 near Guthrie. For traffic destined to NE I-44 sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    This is great but I really fail to see how this would be a true bypass for the OKC Metro without an extension by NE Edmond to connect to I-35 near Guthrie. For traffic destined to NE I-44 sure.
    i mean it's a true bypass for all traffic except I35 norh of OKC, and I-40 west of OKC... but it's a good 2/3rds of it and a completely bypass for Tulsa -Dallas traffic

I read somewhere that the Kickapoo 'pike would be extended north and would go just to the south of Luther and follow along Coon creek and and go up to the south Guthrie interchange of I-35 and US77. I can't remember where I read that, however.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I read somewhere that the Kickapoo 'pike would be extended north and would go just to the south of Luther and follow along Coon creek and and go up to the south Guthrie interchange of I-35 and US77. I can't remember where I read that, however.
    That would be awesome! They need to at least secure ROW if they want to have a shot at this though given east Edmond is booming with housing developments.

That would be awesome! They need to at least secure ROW if they want to have a shot at this though given east Edmond is booming with housing developments.
    Yeah I've been trying to recall where I read that because it was a pretty detailed possibility. I thought it was in the paper at one point back during the construction of the current stretch of Kickapoo. I can't seem to find it now with a quick search.

22. Default Re: Purcell Rumors and News

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i mean it's a true bypass for all traffic except I35 norh of OKC, and I-40 west of OKC... but it's a good 2/3rds of it and a completely bypass for Tulsa -Dallas traffic
    Tulsa–Dallas traffic can already bypass OKC by using US-75→SH-375→US-69.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott5114 View Post
    Tulsa–Dallas traffic can already bypass OKC by using US-75→SH-375→US-69.
    That’s what I was thinking as well. Plus if the state cares so much about Tulsa-Dallas traffic then they would extend I-45 to Tulsa(which should be done anyways).

^ mind blown

Thread Information