Widgets Magazine

Thread: Chisolm Trail Park

1. Default Chisolm Trail Park

So I'm on Google Maps scoping out the parking at Grady's 66 Pub before the Cracker concert tonight and I'm just scrolling around checking things out since I'm not real familiar with Yukon. I scroll over Chisolm Trail Park and something really cool catches my eye.

Can anyone that's been to the park tell me if you can see what this is from the ground or is it just discernible from the air?

CTP-Yukon.jpg

Default Re: Chisolm Trail Park

I've never noticed the boot in person, but then again I can honestly say I wasn't looking for it and had no knowledge it was there prior to you pointing this out. It is cool though.

I don't think he's talking about the boot. I believe he's referring to the Texas Longhorn logo. Reminds me of when the OU paver put the OU logo in Boone Pickens Stadium.

4. Default Re: Chisolm Trail Park

HAHA... No... I'm talking about the boot... If you look at it on Google Earth even the patterning on the boot is detailed really well.... The landscapers did an incredible job on this.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    HAHA... No... I'm talking about the boot... If you look at it on Google Earth even the patterning on the boot is detailed really well.... The landscapers did an incredible job on this.
    Agreed, it is pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    There is an observation hill to the North of the Boot and Longhorn. You can see it at the very top of your picture. It is bare from all the kids sliding down the hill. From the North side of the hill, It has a switchback cement sidewalk trail to the top. At the top, you are above the tree line and can see for miles.

You can make out the objects from the hill, but I remember in the late 90's when it was constructed it was noted that the best view was from the overhead passenger airlines going to and from Will Rogers.

First I saw the boot, then I saw the longhorn logo, then I saw the unfortunate similarity of the top part to something a lot more disturbing and now can't unsee it...

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    First I saw the boot, then I saw the longhorn logo, then I saw the unfortunate similarity of the top part to something a lot more disturbing and now can't unsee it...
    *looks at image again*

you're getting coal for christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    i saw it in the same order...haha!

Quote Originally Posted by shadfar View Post
    i saw it in the same order...haha!
    Unfortunately, I saw it in the reverse order...

Thread Information